Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: . Slowest Traffic On The Board?  (Read 9727 times)

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
  • Green Bikes = Bad Luck? Give 'Em All To Me!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FXR3
    • Neanderpaul Dot Com
. Slowest Traffic On The Board?
« on: March 24, 2005, 07:59:57 AM »

Very little traffic in here.

Is it just cuz everyone has different model bikes than the FXR CVO series?

Seems like most people have the SEEG.

4-8" expected in Boston today...will it EVER end?
'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: . Slowest Traffic On The Board?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 08:15:11 AM »

I think you nailed it down on the reason for the slow traffic......only a few with your model.  As far as the 4 to 6" (snow?) expected........isn't it officially Spring in Boston now as it is everywhere else?  It's nice down in NC today.  Come on down to Maggie Valley and enjoy the SpringTime! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

mfgreen

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 08:15:58 AM »

Very little traffic in here.

Is it just cuz everyone has different model bikes than the FXR CVO series?

Seems like most people have the SEEG.

4-8" expected in Boston today...will it EVER end?

FXRs came into play in the beginning before the site was established.  Many of the early models are not aware of this site and there are considerably less of the fxr owners than the SEEGs.  Please feel free to discuss your bike and problems/joys with the whole board.  You have one of the best riding bikes that Harley-Davidson ever made.  Many of the comments about each model are universal to all CVOs or twin cams.

Sorry that the winter is still hangin' on.  Kind of cold and crappy here, too.

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
    • AZ

• Neanderpaul Dot Com
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 09:44:20 AM »

Western part of the state got it worse.

But, black ice is still ice...with less viscosity!

Combine that with the road salt that stains everything, and the leftover sand from the plows...and there ain't no riding in the old city to be done.

Meanwhile...I have crap caked on the front end of the bike from this weekend's ride and I can't hit it with a hose cuz the outside pipes will freeze.

It looks so lonely out there in the garage. Just calling out to me...

I can't wait for about two weeks from now when it will be just rain.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 09:45:06 AM by neanderpaul »
'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 03:07:43 PM »

the good weather will be here soon enough. or i'll loose my mind. one of those will happen soon

as MFG said the FXR's represent the smallest number of CVOs out there and being the only EVO powered CVO the Twinki forum dosent help you guys much.

since we're not too far from eachother maybe we can hook up for a ride this spring ( if it ever gets here )
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 03:21:36 PM by naitram »
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

RedFXR2

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 09:06:49 PM »

Well, I have to admit that I had never even heard of the CVO until I found my FXR on consignment (for sale at a local shop) by the original owner.  I was looking for a clean used 84-94 FXR, having decided after reading two books, that it was the Harley for me, regardless of the out-of-production-for-years status.  Anyway, the CVO FXR's were not only the kickoff bikes for the CVO, but they were the (I think) lowest quantity production runs of any of the CVO bikes.  So the lack of participants/action on this particular page doesn't surprise me.

Look at it this way--we have pretty freaking rare bikes...and that's a good thing.

And about the EVO motors.  Hey, they may not be blindingly fast but if that's what I wanted to do, I'd have bought a Hayabusa [smiley=laugh.gif].

But seriously, I have no complaints about the EVO power.  It's got plenty of torque for me and I can easily go much faster than I really want or need to.  And I'd rather ride than turn wrenches so the dependability pleases me as well.  That having been said, there are a lot of HD and aftermarket parts to massage a whole lot more power out of them if you want.  All it takes is $$$$.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 09:13:18 PM »

The EVO motor is the motor that put HD's reputation back in the plus column.  Dependable, doesn't mark it's spot, absorbs abuse and keeps on tickin', etc., etc..... [smiley=7.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 11:09:28 PM »

I agree with Red, in that chassis, the Evo has plenty of suds.  A friend has an FXRT, also a somewhat rare bike (fairing, hard bags).  I've ridden it before and it's a sprinter.  An Evo in a bagger, on the other hand, now that's a different story.

Enjoy your bike 'cause you've got something to be proud of and if it gets too lonely down here, come on up to the SEEG section and we'll keep you company! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
    • AZ

• Neanderpaul Dot Com
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 11:41:54 PM »

since we're not too far from eachother maybe we can hook up for a ride this spring ( if it ever gets here )

I'm all about it.

As I type this...my "3-Patch Friends" are making a ton of noise running through the square.

I'm being called out :)

...I got nuthin'

Naitram....you gotta come on our ride. Hell...you're all invited. A nice charity ride. Details soon.
'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
    • AZ

• Neanderpaul Dot Com
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 11:43:33 PM »

I agree with Red, in that chassis, the Evo has plenty of suds.
'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

armyjosh04

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2005, 02:50:11 PM »

No snow scheduled out here in Iraq!

RedFXR2

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005, 03:18:23 PM »

Is red 270 plus?

:)

No way.  I'm only 51. [smiley=laugh.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2005, 05:18:05 PM »

No snow scheduled out here in Iraq!

May be true.  But your forecast has to worry about other kinds of chit falling out of the sky!  [smiley=helmet.gif]

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 08:47:18 AM »

Funny, it seems there's more FXR traffic than SEEG traffic these days!!! These FXR's have some staying power!!! Now let's see if we can out number them at the 10 Year CVO FXR Anniv Party!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 07:08:58 PM »

Funny, it seems there's more FXR traffic than SEEG traffic these days!!! These FXR's have some staying power!!! Now let's see if we can out number them at the 10 Year CVO FXR Anniv Party!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

I'd like to be there to show mine    :orange:
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 02:49:52 PM »

I'd like to be there to show mine    :orange:

We're talking about it right now here:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=28893.msg469927#msg469927

Join the fun and get yer vote and yer say in this! Look forward to seeing all the CVO FXR's there!!! :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 05:10:25 PM »

HeHe!!! Hell no it's not! As a matter of fact we have 2 pages out of 10 on this Board that are fairly current and active! Try looking at the ghost towns some of the others have turned into. Gotta wipe the cobwebs off some of em! We've be revitalized and are active as ever! Same as our timeless FXR's!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

RedFXR2

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 07:38:32 PM »

Try looking at the ghost towns some of the others have turned into. Gotta wipe the cobwebs off some of em! We've be revitalized and are active as ever! Same as our timeless FXR's!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

I have to admit, I've stopped feeling sorry for us in terms of visitation.  Take a look at this pic of the FXDWG2 and 3 board.  Now these guys are lonely:

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 03:39:04 AM »

lol, Mike (REDFXR2)

Another, Kodak moment.....

Kodak has always said there is a 1,000 words in every picture!!!!

Regards,

Tim

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 10:39:50 PM »

yall don't come here very often do ya ????

I check in here several times a day    LOL

Looking and thirsting for new posts              I must be running a fever    LOL
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 10:41:15 PM »

I could put an entry in every thread in this section ...... thereby having my userid as the last name in every thread, showing up on every page
yall wouldn't even know that I'd been here before I got done     :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

LOL
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 10:44:58 PM »

I could put an entry in every thread in this section ...... thereby having my userid as the last name in every thread, showing up on every page
yall wouldn't even know that I'd been here before I got done     :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

LOL

I did just that one night. Earned me a place in the hall of infamy   ;)

B B

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 10:48:53 PM »

The FXSTDSE board is not exactly lit up either, but The obvious is as Hoist always says "you FD guys crack me up"

or in other words  "FD rule"

there is just more to talk about with FD's  
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 11:18:07 PM »

The FXSTDSE board is not exactly lit up either, but The obvious is as Hoist always says "you FD guys crack me up"

or in other words  "FD rule"

Maybe   :D

I'm gonna have to come over there and ck yall out !
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

RedFXR2

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2008, 06:58:03 AM »

The reality is that there are a whole lot more CVO FD's out there.  Therefore a whole lot more folks on this board own CVO FD's.  And from what I've seen on those boards, there are a whole lot of problems with those bikes off the showroom floor.  Sum:  A lot more traffic on those board pages.  Down here, we talk about modifications and accessories.  Fun stuff, not production quality problems.  Ther's more to talk about with FD's, alright.

Don't get me wrong, But from what I've read, I'm just saying if I had plunked down the $$$$ that you guys have on those bikes, supposedly the best the MoCo has, and then had to deal with the problems, and the MoCo/Dealer was yet another of those problems, I'd be in jail right now from firebombing something.  Or at least be on the TV news from setting the bike on fire outside the Milwaukee offices of HD. Or maybe weld it to a stand and put it up along an Interstate highway with a big "LEMON" sign.   
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 07:01:45 AM by RedFXR2 »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 05:14:22 PM »

The reality is that there are a whole lot more CVO FD's out there.  Therefore a whole lot more folks on this board own CVO FD's.  And from what I've seen on those boards, there are a whole lot of problems with those bikes off the showroom floor.  Sum:  A lot more traffic on those board pages.  Down here, we talk about modifications and accessories.  Fun stuff, not production quality problems.  Ther's more to talk about with FD's, alright.

Don't get me wrong, But from what I've read, I'm just saying if I had plunked down the $$$$ that you guys have on those bikes, supposedly the best the MoCo has, and then had to deal with the problems, and the MoCo/Dealer was yet another of those problems, I'd be in jail right now from firebombing something.  Or at least be on the TV news from setting the bike on fire outside the Milwaukee offices of HD. Or maybe weld it to a stand and put it up along an Interstate highway with a big "LEMON" sign.   

HeHe!!! Funny chit Mike, and not too far off base either! But they're also great bikes. Once you take ownership and STW, you can do what you want! Then ya just have fun working on it like any other bike! I felt the same way while dealing with HD. So STD!!! Now I'm having fun with Cybil too, even though I had a setback! But she's like a Phoenix, and will continue to rise from the ashes, stronger than ever! ;D ;D ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 06:30:55 PM »

HeHe!!! Funny chit Mike, and not too far off base either! But they're also great bikes. Once you take ownership and STW, you can do what you want! Then ya just have fun working on it like any other bike! I felt the same way while dealing with HD. So STD!!! Now I'm having fun with Cybil too, even though I had a setback! But she's like a Phoenix, and will continue to rise from the ashes, stronger than ever! ;D ;D ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hey, WTF is the "S" now? :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 06:46:06 PM »

Rules is rules baby! ;)

Hoist! 8)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2008, 07:01:28 PM »

Rules is rules baby! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Again I say:  :zwtf:

RedFXR2

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2008, 07:29:28 PM »

I have a feeling it's a watered-down "F".  Or, another word for threaded fastener.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2008, 10:08:42 PM »

I have a feeling it's a watered-down "F".  Or, another word for threaded fastener.

Huh?  So, we can have a "WTF" smilie ( :zwtf: ) but we can't say "FT_" anymore?  :confused5: :nixweiss: ???

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2008, 10:09:19 PM »

I think you both know now don't ya? ::) ::) :D

Again I say:  :zwtf:

Huh?  So, we can have a "WTF" smilie ( :zwtf: ) but we can't say "FT_" anymore?  :confused5: :nixweiss: ???

Zactly!!! When ya figgur it out, lemme know!  ;)

Hoist! 8)

« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 10:18:48 PM by Hoist! »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2008, 10:11:51 PM »

Zactly!!! When ya figgur it out, lemme know!  ;)

Hoist! 8)

That some funny chit right there.  I don't wanna figure it out!  :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2008, 10:18:13 PM »

That some funny chit right there.  I don't wanna figure it out!  :huepfenlol2:

HeHe!!! Me either! I just wanna be free to ride my machine!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: ;)

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 21 queries.