Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (un)Politically Correct Holiday Greeting  (Read 1163 times)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
(un)Politically Correct Holiday Greeting
« on: December 20, 2007, 10:06:56 AM »

To All My Democrat Friends

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee. 

To My Republican Friends:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!    :elf:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: (un)Politically Correct Holiday Greeting
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 10:12:52 AM »

That reflects the dream world utopia of the modern day secular/progressive.

But it needs to include an apology for enslaving other nations, ill gotten capitalistic gain, killing the Indians, & causing Global Warming to be more PC.  Maybe throw in something about everybody's votes getting counted including illegals too, for good measure.

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 10:21:10 AM by iski »
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 10:16:52 AM »

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year !!

Season's Greetings!!

(Disclaimer)

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter holidays, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all; and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2005, but not without due respect for ca lenders of choice of other cultures, and without regard to the race, creed, color, age physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or sexual preferences of the wishes.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms:
This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 10:21:24 AM »

That reflects the dream world utopia of the modern day secular/progressive.

But it needs to include an apology for enslaving other nations ill gotten gain & killing the Indians & causing Global Warming to be more PC.  Maybe throw in something about everybody's votes getting counted including illegals too, for good measure.

;D ;D ;D

Iski, I'm reminded of the single most politically incorrect Christmas Card I ever saw.  To this day I don't know if someone simply REALLY screwed up, if it was the biggest coincidence in Christmas card history or if someone had balls the size of Hummer tires.  But picture, if you will, a relatively conservative PAC that had on its mailing list the leadership of a few western tribes.  So Christmas cards went out to Reservation offices. 

The cards had Santa on the front.  Pretty normal you'd think.  Nothing special at all.  Until you looked close......   And realized that behind the beard Santa looked just like Andrew Jackson.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 10:34:00 AM »

Iski, I'm reminded of the single most politically incorrect Christmas Card I ever saw.  To this day I don't know if someone simply REALLY screwed up, if it was the biggest coincidence in Christmas card history or if someone had balls the size of Hummer tires.  But picture, if you will, a relatively conservative PAC that had on its mailing list the leadership of a few western tribes.  So Christmas cards went out to Reservation offices. 

The cards had Santa on the front.  Pretty normal you'd think.  Nothing special at all.  Until you looked close......   And realized that behind the beard Santa looked just like Andrew Jackson.

:o :o :o Oh no say it ain't so 2LR, not Andrew Jackson the Hero of New Orleans and noted.......

Indian killer. 

In his time, that was the PC thing to be.   Not so much now.  I live in an area that still somewhat reveres Old Hickory, even though he never set foot in the county.  They make him (guy dressed like him) walk at the back of our big downtown parade instead of the front, where he used to be.  I think he throws candy to the crowd........

We send cards to folks but none look like Old Hickory Santa.  Use of generic type for our Jewish & non Christian friends seems to make more sense.  Conservative PACs don't make all that much sense many times, so not exactly surprised they would do that.

Suspect those tribes were not thrilled, to say the least.  ::)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 10:44:23 AM »

Very true Iski.  Times do change on that kind of thing.  I went to one of the many "Andrew Jackson Elementary Schools" in Santa Ana, CA.  Haven't been a lot of schools named after him for a long time though.

Somewhere I've still got one or some of those Christmas cards hidden away.  They were just too funny not to steal a few of.  The very best thing, however, was probably the look on the face of the poor head honcho's secretary when someone saw the cards on her desk, after several had been mailed, and said "do you know who that looks like?".

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 10:48:19 AM »

2LR - Would be funny to have heard that conversation....

My wife is part American Indian & rumor has it that I am as well so I can offend myself almost as easily as I offend her.   :-\

Well, not quite......

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 10:59:27 AM »

2LR - Would be funny to have heard that conversation....

I'm sure the passage of time makes the memory fuzzy, but it was something like this:

UP (unnamed person): Hi Nancy, nice cards

Nancy: Yes, they are

UP: Hmm, Santa looks a little odd

Nancy: How do you mean

UP: He looks a lot like Andy Jackson

Nancy: Who?

UP: You know, the President, Andrew Jackson.

Nancy: What did he do?

UP:  Lots of things, he tried to kill all the indians

Nancy: oh chit  :nervous:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 11:31:29 AM »

I'm sure the passage of time makes the memory fuzzy, but it was something like this:

UP (unnamed person): Hi Nancy, nice cards

Nancy: Yes, they are

UP: Hmm, Santa looks a little odd

Nancy: How do you mean

UP: He looks a lot like Andy Jackson

Nancy: Who?

UP: You know, the President, Andrew Jackson.

Nancy: What did he do?

UP:  Lots of things, he tried to kill all the indians

Nancy: oh chit  :nervous:

;D ;D ;D 

Nancy's day went downhill from there.......

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 22 queries.