Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Lilly's progress pictures  (Read 2395 times)

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
Re: Lilly has made it home.
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2007, 12:49:34 PM »

Its in great shape, good luck with it Bro!  :2vrolijk_21:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2007, 06:17:27 PM »

Badbub I had a 79 Bonn that i found in W V  in a doctors rec room it had 1400 miles on it I use to go to a lot of the Brit bike events , a big one in Helen GA every summer. Parts were everywhere  will try to come up with some of the parts  mfg.  I started messing with HDs and sold the thump to another doc and its in his rec room .....

BADBUD

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Lucy, 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: Lilly, 1962 Triumph Bonneville
    • Screw with me and you screw with the WHOLE trailer park
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2007, 12:04:39 PM »

I just got Lilly running this morning,used flashlight battery for juice. Gotta love these old bikes, the are so simple. She has not been started for 19 years. I did not know I had it in me.
She sounds great, no motor noise at all. I am getting some smoke but I think I need to fine tune the carbs.
Check out my pics. Clutch is still stuck, so not on the road yet.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=18441099&uid=4185567&members=1

BADBUD

:apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :orange: :huepfenjump3: :mango: :bananarock:  LOOK HERE-----EVERYBODY IS HAPPY
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 05:01:32 PM by BADBUD »
I hate drunks when I'm sober----------
and sobers when I'm drunk.

mcdonaldroadcapt

• CVO Third Time around
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 flhtcuse 1
    • CVO2: 2007 flhtcuse 2
    • CVO3: 2008 flhtcuse 3
Re: Lilly's progress pictures
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 01:23:17 PM »

Like the Triumph.  Looks like original Bates megaphones on the headers. Had a new 1970 TR 6 and later on in the 1983, restored a 1969 Bonneville to showroom condition.  Great bikes.  The best balanced bikes every made until they ruined them in 1971 trying to compete with the Japanese imports.  Remember the frames held the oil and the center stands were mounted so far forward that the front wheel came off the ground instead of the rear.  Pre 70 were the years for Triumph.  Norton had a great run through 74.  Had a 72 Norton Commando with the factory combat engine, a rare beast and rubber mounted engine.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 01:30:32 PM »

Fine job... All the undiscovered bikes out there waiting on someone and you found that one.  Best of luck and happy motoring.

Miker

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2007, 02:09:05 PM »

I just got Lilly running this morning,used flashlight battery for juice. Gotta love these old bikes, the are so simple. She has not been started for 19 years. I did not know I had it in me.
She sounds great, no motor noise at all. I am getting some smoke but I think I need to fine tune the carbs.
Check out my pics. Clutch is still stuck, so not on the road yet.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=18441099&uid=4185567&members=1

BADBUD

:apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :orange: :huepfenjump3: :mango: :bananarock:  LOOK HERE-----EVERYBODY IS HAPPY

Not sure what you did before starting, but you might squirt some WD40 in the cylinder thru the spark plug hole, let it sit for a few days, might free up a ring and cut down on the smoke.

Thats great you got it running so easily. My luck has always been the opposite in these situations, have to go thru everything to get it going!! Good luck, keep us posted.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2007, 03:56:28 PM »

Sweet looking Trump

Why's the lawn white  :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 22 queries.