Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: SEFLSTF  (Read 21319 times)

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
Re: SEFLSTF
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2004, 10:12:58 AM »

Thanks for the heads-up on the toppers website. I was going to approach this avenue when I finished with installing all the chrome upgrades.

Cannibus_Man do you  have an estimate of the diffence in piecing out the toppers induvidualy versus buying the kit? I was going to compare these two options with pricing out all the caps from Harley.

The only other concern I had was the toppers look a little different from the caps used on my flstfse, they do look good though. Thanks for the pics......

Cannibus_Man

• Full CVO Member
  • I love to set off car alarms
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2004, 01:01:47 PM »

well, im  beggining to think that the kit  is  more affordable,  i  went the individual route,
and  couldn't get the toppers for the rocker boxes (which i think are included in the set)  so i bought the billet rocker box caps from HD @ 4.25 ea.,, x 8,,  the 1/4 in socket head caps were runnin .99 cents,, which  is the  majority of the bike,, i  have roughly 40+ of em on it now and  some room  for a few more i guess.  the other caps were runnin 1.49 to 1.89ea. the front motor mount kit (2pcs.) was 12 bucks,, the complete starter kit  was 150.00,, if i had a chance to do it again i think i would of bought the kit and pieced  in the rest,,, less  runnin back n  forth to the dealer,,,oh  also   i think i need to take all the toppers off again  and replace the zinc washers with  chrome washers..it would look much better     [smiley=1syellow1.gif]
~late~ Cann

Cannibus_Man

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2004, 02:48:52 PM »

i went to the local dealer today,,Laidlaws,  they  have a red FLSTFSE available,,Man! it's a nice lookin ride,  you  guys with them ordered  picked a real  nice one,,
http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/3/2/77369732.htm
~late~ Cann

no-rain

• Senior CVO Member
  • Man it is good to be a SE Ultra owner
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2004, 07:55:15 PM »

Thanks for the information Cannibus_Man  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. I just went ahead and purchased the complete hot toppers softail fatboy 225 pcs kit.
--  No-Rain (aka rainman)  --
06 SE Ultra List of UCEG SE mods
05 SE Fatboy

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2004, 11:54:57 PM »

well, im
« Last Edit: December 27, 2004, 11:58:01 PM by reo »

Cannibus_Man

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2004, 05:19:31 AM »

good point  Reo, i  juz found out  bout the pressed washer,, when i put  the HD billet rocker box  caps on they covered completely ,,but actually very few of the hottoppers cover completely,,if the hd covers  go over the whole  bolt and washer then it  would be a better  job  cause to buy a bolt  and washer also would make up any savings..shoot it's hard to get this  right the first time  [smiley=furious.gif]  lol... i did go to my local hardware store and ask for  high grade  chrome hardware and he had it for a much more reasonable  price  but the washers are usless  with that pressed one on there,,
right now inm lookin at  cuttin em off and putting the  1/4 lchrome lock washer on or  juz takin em back and  shine it all together  (juz live  with the zinc lol)
~late~ Cann

no-rain

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2004, 08:32:43 AM »

Cannibus_Man/REO, I will most likely put the chrome bolts on the primary and then put the hot toppers over them and then just replace other single washers with chrome washers. I am going to try to keep the bike consistent with one product. Thanks again for blazing the trail
05 SE Fatboy

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2004, 06:54:08 PM »

Thanks for all the imput Cannibus_Man/Rainman, I'm thinking I am going to get a list together once I get the rest of the chrome on my bike and go to my dealer on a 20% day and get the caps I need. I agree with you Rainman in trying to keep the bike looking consistant. I really don't think I have to change all the bolts if I use the HD caps I have used them before, let me know if you guy's find different results.

btw, Rainman I finally got the delux light bar and installed it yesterday taking off the road lamps the dealer installed and it fits perfectly, looking much better with the billet looking bracket.

Another point this thread has helped me out a lot providing much good information but why is it under pictures, we should be putting all this info under the Fat Boy disscussion (FLSTFSE Sreamin' Eagle Fat Boy)

no-rain

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2004, 10:06:02 PM »

(It might help if I read my post before submitting it) Corrected Post

REO, I will start a new thread under Fat Boy discussion with a question about a Chrome product kits.
05 SE Fatboy

Cannibus_Man

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2004, 09:20:04 PM »

Reo, Rainman ("SE") Fatboys,,,lol  
i put  some  chrome  switch covers on today,,they  cost 13 bucks,, it's kinda nerve racking to put em on  but worth it ,,  did  you  guys  buy a service manual? i  bought the softtail service manual  today  and had to order the  cvo supplement which'll  cost ya   another  38.00,,, this is my  first bike  so i got alot  to learn about these things   [smiley=laugh.gif]
~late~ Cann

no-rain

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2004, 09:28:21 PM »

Those chrome switch covers look great. I have had the normal manual for a while, but was able to pick up the FLSTFSE supplement about a week ago. I do have to say that I was a little disappointed in the supplement. I thought it would have more content, not what I was expecting but it is still nice to look at.
05 SE Fatboy

Cannibus_Man

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2005, 11:49:38 PM »

today i put the lifter block covers on ,it's a nice kit  and easy to put on    [smiley=laugh.gif]
~late~ Cann

wiseguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2005, 09:01:05 PM »

A buddy of mine had the same problem in reguards to the bags not fitting.What he did was when he went touring he put on the second seat and put on a sissy bar and the bags installed pretty good.

Was  wondering what the difference would be from your shot guns to the Reinharts.?

I have the stock pipes on mine with the baffles drilled out and i`m thinking maybe getting the rienharts.I just love the looks of them on rio`s bike!

It's Not A Party Unless Someone Gets Knocked Down, Knocked Out, Or Knocked Up.

Cannibus_Man

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2005, 09:36:49 PM »

oh  ya , Reo's bike is clean with those pipes . killer actually,  there are  so many different manufacturers of pipes it's  too hard to  choose from,,personally i'm goin to purchase the  V&H big shot  staggered pipes ,,i live in santa fe springs, CA  and im about 10 minutes from the vance and hines  motorcycle center. ive talked to them about the pipes and they said that  those pipes are the next best preformance pipes,, to the  2into 1pipes they have to offer, they are claiming to me aprox.11hp from those and slightly less for the big shot stggrd,(the dyno  results will tell)...now that harley has a performance chip to accomodate the  pipes for 149.00. i no longer need a power commander or  race tuner for this  set up .. to be honest with ya i really  don't know if this performance chip that harley has will accomodate different pipes or what ,, i know that my  dealer (laidlaws  HD) in baldwin park fully backs the V&H stuff,,hell they even sponsor the screamin' eagle race team,,,prolly in a few weeks i'll be ordering the V&H big shot staggered
from direct parts.com  the performance chip from  harley  and have em  put em on and run the dyno ,,,,,,,

nice cage ya have     isnt there a viper forums for that tho?
~late~ Cann

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2005, 11:30:33 PM »

Cannibus_Man, on the picture you posted showing the lifter block covers, I noticed the crancase cover with the Screamin Eagle logo. Is this the cover that came on your bike or did you change it? My bike has a different cover.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.