Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: How Did You Get your CVO?  (Read 35841 times)

06cuse

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 01 FXDWG2 Traded to FlaHeatWave
    • CVO2: 06 FLTHCUSE 93k & Traded on a 10 FLHTK 73k traded on a Skunk
    • CVO3: 12 FLTRXSE Rollin Hard
Re: How Did You Get your CVO?
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2007, 12:21:39 PM »

Never considered a Harley of any kind in 35 years of riding till........... I tagged along with a buddy of mine to the Harley shop to kill some time about 3 weeks ago. That's when I spotted a '08 CVO Springer on a display platform. I went home that night and couldn't stop thinking about it.Went back the next day and bought it. Now you can't get me off the thing. :2vrolijk_21:
;D
2012 FLTRXSE Skunk S&S 124/HPI 66, PV w A/T Pro~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 11" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro 940's & Pro Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660, Vulcanworks Solid Sproket, Barnett Scorpion, Jaggs 10 Row oil Cooler w/Fan, Hayden M6.

06cuse

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 01 FXDWG2 Traded to FlaHeatWave
    • CVO2: 06 FLTHCUSE 93k & Traded on a 10 FLHTK 73k traded on a Skunk
    • CVO3: 12 FLTRXSE Rollin Hard
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 12:31:50 PM »

Since I started it here is a pic of me on the cuse.  Thanks for all the stories - several of em got me a little emotional.  LOL - that time of year I guess - and for those of you who were lucky enough to have a spouse buy one for you, god bless them, and count your lucky stars.  I have had many bikes - close to 30 Harleys - sold a few I should have kept - kept a few that I should have sold - Road Kings were my choice before this Ultra - slammed with the beach bars - pearl white was my favorite one.  Had a 117 in a swift, a Big Dog Pitbull, one crotch rocket, and the list goes on.  The CVO's are definitely something special, kept my dyna until a buddy of mine talked me out of it (that is how I ended up with an awesome Pearl White Road King).  But I Had ridden a friends anniversary SERK - I really liked the 103.  So guess I feel pretty lucky my dealer was fishin and got me on the hook.  Great Bike - put on the Radar Detector - Race 3 prom, K&N, and a zumo550.  But not to many people can do thousand mile days - I love em - if I could get someone to pay me to ride it would be my profession.  Glad this site was brought to my attention - and hope to meet all of you down the road! 
2012 FLTRXSE Skunk S&S 124/HPI 66, PV w A/T Pro~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 11" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro 940's & Pro Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660, Vulcanworks Solid Sproket, Barnett Scorpion, Jaggs 10 Row oil Cooler w/Fan, Hayden M6.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 12:35:39 PM »

I rode my Heritage to Cabo with a friend with an 04 Blue/Black SEEG (not on this board) and decided that I wanted one.  JC had invited one of my friends (another JC) to his house in Sacramento for a pool party and I tagged along for the ride.  Got to talking to JC, telling him that I was looking for a red 05 SEEG with low miles in "like new" condition since the 06's just came out and I couldn't find a new red 05.  Long story short, I left JC's with him telling me that it might take a week or 2 but that he'd find one for me.  He lied.  At 7 AM the next morning, he calls me and says that he knows of a red 05 SEEG in New Jersey with about 400 miles on it, that the guy was a member of this site but had gotten hurt and couldn't ride for the near future.  Wired the $s and had the bike shipped to me.  I joined this great site and the rest is history.

As for the pumpkin, I always said that if I hadn't bought the cherry that it would have been a pumpkin.  I put about 25,000 miles per year on my bikes and I decided to get a second bike to distribute the miles.  I started looking for a 1-2 year old "commuter bike" (Electraglide Classic or Standard) but I just didn't like the lack of power, lack of chrome, etc.  Leroy from this site had his pumpkin up for sale.  Original owner, bike was in great shape, and it had 7,900 miles on it.  I flew up to Montana to pick it up on a Friday night.  Saturday morning I started the ride home and 1100 miles later I was home that night.

All I can say is that EVERY dealing that I've had with people on this site has been straightforward, fair, and a pleasure, even if the site does cost me a lot of $'s.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2007, 12:43:38 PM »

JesterDecor made me buy the CVO. I was totally against spending the money, but, she insisted on this one. I argued with her for a couple of weeks, but, as always, she won out in the end.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2007, 01:33:37 PM »

I really started thinking about a CVO with the gold "Elvis" bike.  I had always been chroming my bikes and upgrading performance, but to me, that particular bike had it all -right from the factory.  And it was very limited in production.

When I moved out to the Black Hills and retired in 2002, I had three Harleys.  A '99 Road King, a 2000 Ultra Classic, and a 2001 Heritage Softail.  While building our new home in Custer, I decided I was going to get one last Ultra that I could just enjoy for keeps.  Everytime I saw a CVO bike I would be amazed at the beauty and attention to detail.  I decided to bite the bullet and get on a waiting list for an SE Electraglide.  I put $200 on deposit at Maverick HD in Cheyenne, WY.  A year went by, the dealership changed hands, I didn't get my bike.  When I asked about getting a CVO SE E-Glide at Black Hills HD they pulled out a sheet with about 50 names ahead of me.  I waited almost another whole year for a bike at Maverick, and in October '05 I walked into the Black Hills HD shop and they had a "Watermellon" '06 USE sitting right on the showroom floor.  The next day I rode my 2000 Ultra Classic to Rapid City and did the trade.

I was really pissed when I saw the new '07 CVO Ultras.  I thought I would keep the bike I had just bought for good, but I wanted a 6 sp. and then I saw my engine was being obsoleted by the 110!  I thought long and hard about a trade,  I came very close to getting the '07, but held off for some reason.

This past July I found out about the new '08 CVO Ultras.  -The King Tourpac- which I missed, the "110 motor and the 6 sp. tranny.  I went to my Black Hills HD dealer and worked out a trade.  They wanted my '06 to sell during the Sturgis Rally, and my new bike was supposed to be in during the rally.  Yeah, right. 

My bike sold the second day of the rally, and I finally got my new 105th anniversary bike October 16th.
Althought I think ALL the CVOs are beautiful, for me, I absolutely love the colors and paint scheme of this new bike.
I got the break in tune up done exactly one month to the day from my purchase date.  I provided my own Amsoil and K&N filter.  (I was glad to get this done before winter.)    Thanks to those on this web site, I made sure and bought the extended warranty.  (The first time I've ever bought one).  So far it is a wonderful bike.

Last of all I am grateful for this site, all the great info and entertainment, and the wonderful people that are part of it.

Merry Christmas everyone.  -Steve :2vrolijk_21:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2007, 01:41:59 PM »

already had 2 bikes, 75 xlch, and a 90 heritage both purchased new.  at the 100th ann. , saw the O/B dresser and fell in lust.wife said get it.  didn't want payments, so I passed.  05 , she fell for the red cvo fatboy. told her to get it, she passed. July 05 at a hog rally, she spotted another red one new at local dealer. next to it sat a 05 RK custom, in the red paint shop scheme.  made a deal, took both home. july 06, checking the new 07's on line and the first thing I see is the red serk. jaw dropped to floor, wife spotted my face, hit me in back of head and said she ain't letting me do it again,  and forced me(LOL) to go buy it. traded the 05 and ain't lookin back. :apple: :apple: :apple:

RED BIKES RULE

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2007, 03:00:26 PM »

I already had/have a highly customized Road King that is my baby, completely chromed out with a great custom paint job...the only thing that it didn't have was MORE POWER and I have no plans to sell this bike. I really, really like the looks of the 07' and 08' SERK's but could not justify getting another Road King. Besides, I was drawn to the CVO Springer like a moth to light - I just couldn't stop thinking about that bike from the moment that it was introduced on the H-D website. I figured that the 08's would be the last year for the Springer and I wanted a piece of Harley history with this CVO hot-rod. I began calling out to dealers in Oregon (put a deposit in with a few dealers) and wasn't having any luck. After a few months of waiting to see if any of the local dealers could come through with the Inferno Orange color I started to call dealers in other nearby states. Thought I had a line on 1 through a dealer trade in Washington and that deal fell through. Not giving up, I got back on the phone and eventually found a dealer in Eastern Washington that had one scheduled to come arrive in a few weeks that wasn't spoken for so I put my deposit down...five weeks later I got the call and hooked up my trailer and drove 480 miles round trip in one day to pick up my new CVO Springer and the rest is history.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2007, 03:08:50 PM »

My story is very similar to HogBreath's, only different.  Was looking at Ultras & the BSR says "Go ahead & get the Screamin' Eagle, cuz you'll end up spending more than that on the Ultra anyway."  Smart woman, after all she married me.  Ordered an Orange/Black 07 Jester.  Next - York strike - no bike.  Guy had cherry/black on order but his old bike wasn't totaled (insurance deal - got his 06 SEULTRA fixed) after all so his became available & I bought it.  So far I have spent less than $750 on this 07, using Harley math.  Kept the old 02 RK - ride it weekly - rode it today.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2007, 03:24:03 PM »

I hadn't been on 2 wheels (except for mopeds) since I was 18..  I lost my Sister, Mom, and Dad in a 7 month period between July 04 and March 05..  I started looking at Fatboys in April 05..  Went to a local reseller of Harleys and fell in love with a 05 SEEG  :cherry: that he was shipping to Arizona.  Didn't want to spend that much money on a bike not knowing if I would like to ride again.
Ended up buying an 03 S/B Fatboy 100th anniversary model from a fellow off Ebay in Minneapolis with the gold key package which included bags and a windshield.
In buying parts for the FB, kept looking at the Streetglides as they were the only bagger I really liked other than the SEEG  :cherry: that I had seen.
Like Pete, started adding up the accessories needed to make a Streetglide a SEEG and I was at as much as a used SEEG would be.
Searched dealer inventories and kept watching Ebay for a cherry.  Found a couple of left over new ones at a dealer but they wanted more than list price on a SEUC..
Finally bought the one I have from a fellow in Kentucky after the auction ended and before he traded it in on his 06 SEUC..  The one I have had 6700 miles on it wwhen I bought it Sept 05 and with the help from this site, have made it a real nice bike.
Like 2Lane stated, once I found this site, I was on it most of the 1st night.

Merry Christmas to all and a safe and prosperous New Year.  Bob

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2007, 03:48:31 PM »

Been riding regular production bikes legally on the street since 1974.  Been checking out the CVO bikes since they hit the streets.  I finally decided that I need to quit buying regular production bikes and then spending an extra $10k on them and just spent the $$$$ and get the CVO bike.  Little did I realize then that I would continue to spend $$$$$$$$$$$. :D ;D :D ;D

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2007, 03:57:53 PM »

I guess my answer to this thread is I bought em !

Is there another way ?

B B

In God we trust, all others pay cash :cherry:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2007, 05:27:15 PM »

Walked in the dealership and the wife fell in love with the teal. The salesman said that one is sold but I have another one coming. Two months later ours came in. She loves the color and I liked the rest. We are both still very happy with the bike.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2007, 06:07:49 PM »

A friend and I rode to an area Harley dealer to buy a HD clock my girlfriend has been looking at. As I walked into the dealership, a black diamond / silver mist 08 gave me a sly smile and wink. I was smitten then and there. I'd walk over to get the clock...back to the 08. Have em wrap the clock....back to the 08. My friend was laughing at me I was so pathetic.

I tried for a week to get the 08 out of my head as I was riding my new 07 Street Glide I had just put a 110 ci motor in. Only had 5600 miles or so on it. It has a radio! Bigger bags! I bought a matching Tour Pak!

Took my girlfriend to show her the 08 so she could talk some sense to me.  My girlfriend was not a lot of help. Ended up buying my first CVO. Haven't missed the SG for a minute.

JW

SEEG Geezer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2007, 06:20:16 PM »

I found the used '06 CUSE at a local dealer (not a Harley Dealer) and fell in love with it. Immediately told my wife I was trading in the 2004 Heritage that had been very, very good to us (20,000+miles). The rest is history.  I bought the bike (since it wasn't exactly an even trade) with money from my mother's estate........got a great deal and I love the bike.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2007, 11:37:45 PM »

On the SEEG, I was riding a 2002 Electra Glide Classic.  Got it in the fall of '01.  A year later a close friend at the time who hadn't had a bike for awhile got a '02 Wide Glide and we took a trip to the mountains in North Carolina together.  By the time we were headin' home, he was ready for more bike and I was ready for more motor.

A couple weeks later the Fall 2003 Enthusiast came out with coverage of the SEEG.  One look and I knew I had to have one, just couldn't decide what color. :nixweiss:  I had a good relationship with the dealer in Peoria, IL from buying the '02 and a boatload of accessories, so I went to talk to them.  No one had dibs on the first one they were getting (B/B), so they told me they'd call me when they got it in and if I wanted it, I could have it.  :evilgrin: (They new what they were up to.) :evilgrin:

In the meantime, my buddy was shopping around a little and had even put his WG on eBay, getting ready to do something different.  Well, the way it all worked out was, my buddy sold his WG on a "Buy It Now," delivered it on a Sunday, bought my '02 EG about 2 or 3 days after that, and I brought the SEEG home that following Friday.  The way it all came together was a deal that was meant to be!  Like Gary, 4 years later, this bike excites me like the day I bought it! :2vrolijk_21:

On the SERG, we moved 75 miles down the road earlier this year.  About 2 weeks after we moved in, I went to check out the local H-D dealer.  The first bike inside the doorway of their showroom was a 15,000 mile, one-owner O/B SERG! :o  I tried to forget that bike for 2 months, but couldn't.  I'd go down there just hoping they sold the d@mn thing so that I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore.  Tried to get others on the site here to buy it.  Sent Fired00d untold TMs trying to talk myself out of the motorcycle.  Drank lots of beer in the evenings to help me sleep.  Finally, I took it for a ride.  Nice bike, ran great, but we couldn't get together on price.  Left for a weekend of fun in Hot Springs, AK with a bunch of folks from the site.  Thought about the bike all the way down there.  Had to look at (drool over) Hobo's and Scooterhair's awesome blue SERGs sitting in the parking spot next to us at the hotel. ::)  Thought about the '00 all the way home (except when running in the triple digits with Howie ;D) and drove 20 miles out of my way that night to go by the dealer and see if the bike was still there.  I think it was Wednesday of that week that I told them, "Write it up, I'll take it!"  And I've been sleeping like a baby ever since. :2vrolijk_21:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 22 queries.