Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: How Did You Get your CVO?  (Read 35825 times)

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
Re: How Did You Get your CVO?
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2007, 12:45:43 AM »

WoW, This is how it went. Found out that the 2006 was going to be an Ultra. We loved the 2004 and 2005 Candy Cherry and Colbalt Blue, but the wifey needed the throne on the back. I don't make allot of $$$ so adding that to the price of the bike at the time just wouldn't work. Then the 06 came along, the $$$ was there and it had the throne + that juke box that I desired! Over to the dealer in August, sorry! Snowballs chance in Hell is the answer. Forward one week back at the dealer (about 1/2 mile away) and I overhear a salesperson tell a customer that he can put a deposit on one coming???????????? I wait and ask the salesperson after the customer leaves and find that he has had a deposit in since 2005. Forward another week and we are at the MOST AWSOME dealership (Antelope Valley) talking with one of the owners and he asked how bad we wanted one of the 2006 FLHTCUSE's, my reply? BAD! He said take mine! I have an extra one coming that is not spoken for and you can have it as long as you don't care what color it is, as we don't know what it will be. BOOM...to Gary with a deposit faster than you could believe. It's coming baby! A couple weeks later a friend bought a bike from the same salesperson and mentioned my name, "Who is that guy? He beat my customer to a CVO and now he is pissed! Went in with this and asked Gary, Do I have an hit out on me or what? He says no, you beat him fairly and you have nothing to worry about. By the way, your build date is 11/15/05 and the color is Black Candy Crimson.....................................Jumpin Jesus on a pogo stick! The color we wanted and nobody looking for me. On top of all the Hoopla for the 2006 CUSE we got it for $500.00 below msrp! I have said it to letters to H.D. and hear before, Antelope Valley Harley is the ONLY reason I will ever purchase another Harley product! If your in the area, buy there!

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2007, 08:21:43 AM »

I guess I first noticed the CVO line-up when a blue WG came into the local shop and at the HOG meeting the dealer threw out the challenge of some prize if you could name the most parts on the bike that were chrome vs. the regular WG. It looked great, and I have a sever case of "Gotta have the latest/greatest", but I really loved my 95th Ann RK and wanted to stay in the touring line. Plus at the time it was not much more than a custom paint job and pre-loaded chrome, nice, but not enough to create a huge stir. Then I saw the O/B RG, that might still be one of my favorite bikes, but for one reason or another, I could not pull it together, maybe it was availability... When I saw the 100th Ann RK in Atlanta for the 100th Anniversary Kick-off, I thought I was going to pee my pants... I wanted THAT ONE. But I really wanted a stereo, so I went back to ogling the RG.

Then we were at our HOG picnic and a couple had just come back from Gettysburg and all they could talk about was the 04 SEEG & Deuce, the pair was too much and they wanted to be owners in the worst way. Well I got dragged in and with very little probing, I wanted in the club too. Then the question was color and availability. When I found out there was an Orange and Black bike coming out I went crazy. My stealer said the color was horrible and more pink than not. He is one of the original arses of all time, so I knew it was a great bike. But he said he had traded his options off on the BnBs and there was going to be a 3 - 5,000 dollar premium, so I went a hunting.

I called every dealer in VA and NC, and nearly 40 dealers total in PA, NY, MD, DE, SC, FL, GA, KY, TX and Chicago. I had a few nibbles, but no commitments, supposedly they were all spoken for. Fever was kicking my but! Then someone told me there was a new dealership in Colonial Heights, VA... it was one I hadn't tried so I gave them a call. The salesman I spoke to said he had a BnB coming in November and the deal was shaky. If it fell apart I could possibly grab it. Obviously this is what happened, I picked her up on Veterans Day 2003, and I get a grin every time I fire Maybell up.

Problems came when I passed my RK to Candy, I just knew her ride wasn't quite as much fun as mine. So after another long story, we got the Candy Red for her on our 20th Anniversary. Now we have the BnB, the Cherry, and the RK. Problems? Well I still love the O/B  :pumpkin: (Birthday suit thing I guess) and I am toying with the idea of selling the RK (this time) and then the stable will be all SEEGs,  :huepfenlol2:  :cherry:  :pumpkin:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 08:30:12 AM by CandyMan! »
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

Spoken2

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2007, 02:15:22 PM »

Hello everyone and Seasons Greetings to all. My first bike was '71 sportster in 1986 that I had a few years, then I got in trouble lets say and I had to sell it. Years later in 2002 I got another 1999 model. Only had it a year and traded it in on a new 2002 Fat Boy. Loved the bike greatly. Three years later I sold it and with that money bought a house. Never lost the love of riding and the friends I have met owning one. This year I was at fire school ( work related ) and stopped in at the dealers with an Itch for a new bike. Rode home my First dresser / ultra CVO / white and gray. Haven't gotten off it yet ! 2nd best thing I have done is find this site and all it's awesome members. Thank You all for all the help you have been to me. If any of you make it down to Texas be sure to look me up.   :drink: 
2008 FLHTCUSE3 White / Frost

deucedog

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2007, 04:51:16 PM »

Been riding bikes for many years, but bought my first HD in 2004.  That was a 2005 Black Duece.  I was very excited with the bike and did what everyone seems to do eventually - bury the thing with accessories and chrome.  I took it on long rides and found it to be a bit uncomfortable and the Deuce never had any place to put stuff, so about 4 month later, I bought an 05 Road King Classic and loved the touring ride - I never looked back.  My wife started to take a liking to Harley's and she tried riding on the back of the Road King and liked it!  4 months earlier, she sweared she'd never go on "one of those things"!

By February 2005, the wife and I were at the dealer and she saw a new Ultra Classic.  "Why can't you buy one of those, I'd think that would be the most comfortable bike and I'd go riding with you more often."  She picked out a Smokey Gold and Black two tone Ultra and we bought it.

With 3 bikes in the garage, I sold the Deuce, as it was being ridden the least.  We enjoyed the RK and Ultra for the last couple years and decided back in June of this year to sell them both and order the SEUC 105th Anniversary.  I saw several CVO Ultras around town, and always wanted one.  Problem in SOCAL is that they bring way over MSRP and the waiting lists are a mile long - especially at the dealers who sell for MSRP.  For 2008, I wasn't going to give up.  I showed her the 3 paint schemes, and like me, she like the Anniversary colors the best.  We were "Harleyless" for a couple months and I was tempted to buy one of the other colors, but everyone here told me to be patient and get the color we really wanted because it would be worth the wait.

They were right, and finally in October of this year our bike finally arrived at the dealer in Modesto, CA - Mitchell's.  We took our trailer about 320 miles or so and picked up the bike.  We are really enjoying this motorcycle, it runs and rides great so far!  This forum is a great place and resource on the CVO bikes!

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2007, 06:53:11 PM »

A momentary lapse of reason.

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2007, 10:16:35 PM »

In 2000 my wife and I were in daytona for bikeweek. We were on my customized '91 FLHS, had won many shows with this bike, and it was like a member of the family, while pulling thru an intersection, I felt the shift pawl spring break, and run through my transmisson gearset. Iknew that the trans was hurt, so we cut the trip short and nursed the bike back home to Fort Myers Fl, some 5 hrs south and west of Daytona. Back at home I called a bunch of local indie shops to see if they could check out the trans fro me, all were to busy to handle the job, so as a last resort I went to my local HD dealer, sitting out back was the then new Screamin eagle Road Glide. I inquired if the bike was sold, it was spoken for, except the dealeer was havin trouble getting in touch with the intended purchaser.....so they said...it was for sale, we worked out a trade price...I wrote the check, Next morning...monday of bikeweek, I picked up the new SERG...o/w/b....Rode the bike home to show my wife...it now had ten miles on it,...she said lets load it up and head back to bike week...so we broke it in at 70 mph going across the state of Fl. We only saw one other SERG at bikeweek the rest of the week....we were swamped with onlookers everwhere we went that week, A new family member was made that week in Daytona :2vrolijk_21:
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2007, 12:35:31 AM »

After riding a Honda Magna 750 for 6 or 7 years (I loved that bike), I finally gave in and purchased my first Harley - '91 Heritage Softail Classic in 2-tone ruby.  After customizing this wonderful EVO and winning a few shows with it, I just couldn't get rid of it and nowadays only put 5 to 600 miles on her yearly.  Everytime I'm out on the road with it, I fall in love all over again.

story continues...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 01:10:20 AM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2007, 12:37:27 AM »

... Over the next few years my wife and I started taking longer road trips, so in 1997 we purchased our first Ultra.

Do you think there maybe a little Irish in my background?

story continues...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 01:02:36 AM by Grizzly »

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2007, 12:41:45 AM »

... Not long after purchasing our Ultra my wife caught the bug and wanted to learn to ride her own bike.  We purchased a used Honda Rebel 250 to start her off.  It didn't take her long to graduate to a bigger bike and in 1999 we purchased her first Harley - '99 Low Rider.

story continues...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 11:36:11 PM by Grizzly »

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2007, 12:57:02 AM »

... Over the next number of years we both travelled all over North America on our bikes, heading over the Rockies to the west coast on three different trips riding the '97 Ultra and '99 Low Rider.  Then in September 2004 my dealer convinced me that it was time for a new bike and there was only one that would do!

So, he put my name on a '05 SEEG in 2-tone Teal (that was as close to Kelly green as they had), and after a little negotiating I was the proud owner of my first CVO.  I decided to hang onto the '97 Ultra, just in case my wife may want a more comfortable ride.

All that was left to do was to hit the road to break it in.  Within 2 weeks I had the first service done and we were off to San Francisco.  I suggested to my wife (who had only ridden my Ultra for 15 minutes prior to this) that she take the Ultra and enjoy the comfort and company of the radio as we crossed the country.  Hesitant, she agreed on the condition that after the first day of riding, if she didn't like the Ultra, we would return home for her to get the Low Rider to continue.

Well, we never turned back and after the 7,000+ mile trip over the Rockies and back on the Ultra, I knew my wife was in love with it and that I had better love my new CVO, cause there was no way she would ever give up the Ultra.

Since then we trader her '97 Ultra with 162,000 miles on it on a 2007 Ultra for her.  As for me, I did fall in love with my CVO.  So much so that I'm now the proud owner of a Duracell, and once the snow melts and I have a chance to ride it, I'm sure I'll fall in love all over again.

That's where we've come from and where we are today... Loved every minute of every ride and just can't wait to hit the road again.

Take care & ride safe,
Grizzly

« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 07:36:39 AM by Grizzly »

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2007, 09:23:13 AM »

I was looking for used FXDWG2/3's on the net in fall of 04 and came across a WG3 here in atlanta for 24K , kept searching and found a nice blue one in Asheboro NC for 19K with only 4400 miles . When I called the dealer to see if it was still there , he said  Yep, and it was a consignment  the owner just dropped the price 2k!  I quickly put the deposit down and we picked it up the day after thanksgiving ... 29 degrees and a 300 mile ride home.. Brrr.  She was a great bike , and I miss her.
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2007, 09:36:31 AM »

Mine was pretty simple.  I was on the HD website putting together my new 07 Ultra.  The wife came in and asked me what I was doing...I had mentioned earlier that I was thinking of trading in the 02 Ultra on an 07 because of the new 96" in engines...she said how much is this going to cost us?  I said, well you know me, I'm not going to leave it stock, but I'm not going to do like I did with the 02 and put things on piece by piece after I buy it cuz I already know what I want to put on this one.  She asked me how much, and I said well, if I bump the engine up to a 103, we're looking at about 33K.  She then said didn't you say that HD made an Ultra that had everything on it already?  I said well they make the CVOs, but they're about $35 K.  She said well it sounds like you could get a factory custom bike for about the same price, what else does it have on it that the Ultra wouldn't.  I told her and she said why don't you get one of those? Well, I said it's not that easy, they're limited production.  She said call around and see if you can get one.  So I did, and the rest was history.  Put a deposit on it and it came to be mine in November of 06. 

Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2007, 09:44:28 AM »

... Over the next number of years we both travelled all over North America on our bikes, heading over the Rockies to the west coast on three different trips riding the '97 Ultra and '99 Low Rider.  Then in September 2004 my dealer convinced me that it was time for a new bike and there was only one that would do!

So, he put my name on a 2-tone Teal '05 SEEG and after a little negotiating I was the proud owner of my first CVO.  I decided to hang onto the '97 Ultra, just in case my wife may want a more comfortable ride.

All that was left to do was to hit the road to break it in.  Within 2 weeks I had the first service done and we were off to San Francisco.  I suggested that my wife (who had only ridden my Ultra for 15 minutes prior to this) that she take the Ultra and enjoy the comfort and company of the radio as we crossed the country.  Hesitant, she agreed on the condition that after the first day of riding, if she didn't like the Ultra, we would return home for her to get the Low Rider to continue.

Well, we never turned back and after one trip over the Rockies on the Ultra I knew I had better love my new CVO cause there was no way she would ever give up the Ultra.

Since then we trader her '97 Ultra with 162,000 miles on it on a '07 Ultra for her.  As for me, I did fall in love with my CVO.  So much so, I'm now the proud owner of a Duracell and once the snow melts and I have a chance to ride it, I'm sure I'll fall in love all over again.

That's where we've come from and where we are today... Loved every minute of every ride and just can't wait to hit the road again.

Take care & ride safe,
Grizzly

Grizz.........the picture of your SEEG looks like Western Colorado, somewhere along US 50.   How close did I get? :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2007, 10:11:28 AM »

Grizz.........the picture of your SEEG looks like Western Colorado, somewhere along US 50.   How close did I get? :nixweiss:

You must have been pretty close at some point to recognize it from a photo   :nixweiss:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

1823 MC DC

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2007, 10:41:42 AM »

I was back from Sturgis for a little less than 2 weeks and my tricked out Road king was boosted 1.5 bocks from the White House.
I did the claims thing, started to look at my buddies 07SEUC hard, dropped 1000.00 on that Thursday (I wanted the white) Friday it was in.
I've had my bike since 8/28 and have my 5k service 1/8/08.
Hell I rode it to work today.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 21 queries.