Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Chrome Upgrades  (Read 7870 times)

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
Re: Chrome Upgrades
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2005, 06:10:49 PM »

I put the part

no-rain

• Senior CVO Member
  • Man it is good to be a SE Ultra owner
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2005, 07:01:07 PM »

REO, did you install the chrome inner primary or did you have the dealer do it? I am just wondering how big of a job it is.
--  No-Rain (aka rainman)  --
06 SE Ultra List of UCEG SE mods
05 SE Fatboy

no-rain

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2005, 08:21:29 PM »

REO, how much clearance is there depth wise with the oil filter cover? I have purchased K&N oil filters and they have a nut on the end of them. I am just wondering if I can use both the K&N and the chrome cover.

Regards,
Rainman
05 SE Fatboy

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2005, 08:26:08 PM »

REO, did you install the chrome inner primary or did you have the dealer do it? I am just wondering how big of a job it is.

I did it myself, Its not that bad of a job (4hr if your familiar), just follow the manual. I would suggest getting the two special tools recommended. The outer gasket is kind of pricey. Don't forget to put the two little gasket washers on the inner primary before installing the outer, and make sure you put silicone (rtv) on the bolts inside the inner primary, the manual is very well written. I borrowed a buddies 2001 manual because I havent done one since the evo.

To be honest I should have bought everything like you did rainman and installed it all myself (would have been more fun). I had the dealer install most of the accessories and chrome to get it all under the 7yr warranty umbrella.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2005, 08:33:19 PM »

REO, how much clearance is there depth wise with the oil filter cover? I have purchased K&N oil filters and they have a nut on the end of them. I am just wondering if I can use both the K&N and the chrome cover.

Regards,
Rainman

To be honest the oil filter is a bastard to get on and off when this cover is used. There is quite a bit of clearance but you will have to evaluate if you want to go thru the procedure of using this with the chin spoiler, the spoiler has to come off to remove the oil filter cover. And if you are planning to use this with the cylinder base cover part# 32753-01, you will have to heavily modify these pieces. Not easy to get all these pieces in place but if it was easy everyone would be doing it. [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

no-rain

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2005, 09:13:58 PM »

Thanks REO for all of the feedback. I think I will just skip the chrome oil cover for now.
05 SE Fatboy

wiseguy

• Junior CVO Member
pipes
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2005, 07:56:40 AM »

Hi nice pipes!Was thinking about ordering them for my fatboy.Was just wanting to know what the differece is and if any from mine?p.s. keeping in mind my baffles are drilled out.Any extra performance,any sound difference,etc
thx brother nice bike man.

It's Not A Party Unless Someone Gets Knocked Down, Knocked Out, Or Knocked Up.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
Re: pipes
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2005, 06:30:37 PM »

Hi nice pipes!Was thinking about ordering them for my fatboy.Was just wanting to know what the differece is and if any from mine?p.s. keeping in mind my baffles are drilled out.Any extra performance,any sound difference,etc
thx brother nice bike man.

I'm not sure what bike you have flstf or flstfse and if you'r using the stock pipes with drilled out baffles. The rineharts offer a performance gain but I can't give you accurate data as I will be getting the bike dyno'ed in the summer to get the fuel mapping tweaked in the race tuner. The big advantage of the pipes are the fit and finish and the sound. I haven't heard anather pipe that sounds better (my opinion of course), these pipes have a low rumble even when used on an 88cu but the 103cu sounds awsome. These pipes are a little loud so don't expect to be popular with the neighbors.

wiseguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2005, 06:50:10 PM »

Hey thx for the feed back reo!Ya i have the flstfse with the drilled out baffles sounds somewhat loud and a little rumble.Was just wanting to know if i install the same pipes if it will be much louder with different rumble??

LOL i have to make a prper decion as i have neibors both sided haha
thx rio!

wiseguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2005, 07:46:31 PM »

Hey rio talked with my local hd dealer today and they inform me that there are baffles that come with your pipes.

Keeping in mind that the feed back was negative on the baffles as they aperntly didnt make a noticeable difference.If you need a # number let me know brother

Thx

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2005, 10:54:19 AM »

Hey rio talked with my local hd dealer today and they inform me that there are baffles that come with your pipes.

Keeping in mind that the feed back was negative on the baffles as they aperntly didnt make a noticeable difference.If you need a # number let me know brother

Thx

I would be interested  in any information you would have re: optional baffles on the Rinehart's I have. I only know of optional baffles for the true duals.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.