Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: recent error  (Read 4744 times)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Re: recent error
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2007, 09:19:42 AM »

Can you send me some of that you're drinking or smoking?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

In this part of the year? A LOT OF STUFF :huepfenjump3:

Scooterhair

• Senior CVO Member
  • DSP Member # 637.3
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2007, 01:24:54 PM »

OMG,

I fell out of the chair, this place is just way to much. :huepfenjump3:

I think  cabin fever is setting in on some of us way to fast this year.

I'm kinda thinking global warming isn't such a back thing after all, it would give us more season to ride.

Scooter   :coolblue:
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8
2008 1500 RAM 4x4
2001 Blue FLTRSEI2
2003 Neosho trailer painted to match bike
1999 Blue Ness custom ( SOLD )
1997 Black & Champagne Wide Glide (The Wife's)
Big Ass 21' Dodge 3500

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2007, 09:16:58 PM »

We are Not Too Old.  We have one and love it.

Actually, Jamey got one when he had his shoulder surgery and could not do anything. He was bored out of his mind.  It frustrated him that he could not play any of the Wii sports, but he could play the less strenuous gameswhile recuperating.  Then as his shoulder healed, he'd do somethings and his physical therapist liked that he was using his shoulder more and more, and it was all disguised as playing games.  I think he is going to try to push to get one in the hospital for the patients to use.  I love the Wii games.  My favorite is BarnYard, but I like the Golf, Baseball, and Bowling with the Sports game.  I am horrible with fishing, can't even keep my line in the water.  We have a bunch of Mario games, have not even played with then enough to know what they are all about.  I love that you can make your own Mii charachters, that look like you or the friends and family you create them to be, then you have them come out on your team, like when playing baseball.  It's a lot of fun to see your friends and family out in the game.  I've heard that the Wii game unit is hard to find, but Jamey just walked into the store when they were putting ten of them out on the floor.  Bought it, and it is hooked up to the internet so we can play Wii with others. 

I know Candy, I know.  About a month ago I started hearing about the Wii.  Some friend of Parker's had one and of course she wanted one for Christmas.  First time I heard about it I thought she was asking to go to the latrine.  Boy did I feel stupid when we stopped at Burger King, went in to the head and she said, quite emphatically, "NO Uncle Donnie, I want a game!"

Totally struck out for Christmas though.  At least not without being willing to spend multiples of MSRP.  Birthday in six weeks.  Will have one for here and one for there by then.  I'm looking forward to playing it too.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2007, 03:15:38 AM »

...  Birthday in six weeks.  Will have one for here and one for there by then.  I'm looking forward to playing it too.
It is not unlike the video games of old.  I mean the lure to play, but over time we all lost interest with those.  But this one has a lot of interest built in, with the interactivity that you have to do.  I have heard from others that Nintendo in the past had a mat that you could use for running and jumping, have not seen it but it sure sounds like fun.  But with the hand units, it has some way of measuring how hard you move it, and it is no joke, you have to move it to make your characters move.  So baseball, you bend your knees, hold your hands up behind your head, and swing when the ball comes.  Pitches are determined by hard you throw, tennis returns determined by how hard you can hit, angles etc. golf the same, and so on and so on.  If you are not careful, you will find yourself winded from all the activity.  We have now discovered why people need such gargantuan family rooms.  You will really use a lot of room up with your moving around, and swinging.  It is truly an engaging game system.  Just got to find the units.  The accessories seem to be everywhere.  Will look forward to your Wii report after you get the system.  You may end up with one at Uncle Donnie's house so Parker will have it there when she comes over.  You know, sometimes you gotta take one for the team.   :D

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2007, 04:07:01 AM »

It is not unlike the video games of old.  I mean the lure to play, but over time we all lost interest with those.  But this one has a lot of interest built in, with the interactivity that you have to do.  I have heard from others that Nintendo in the past had a mat that you could use for running and jumping, have not seen it but it sure sounds like fun.  But with the hand units, it has some way of measuring how hard you move it, and it is no joke, you have to move it to make your characters move.  So baseball, you bend your knees, hold your hands up behind your head, and swing when the ball comes.  Pitches are determined by hard you throw, tennis returns determined by how hard you can hit, angles etc. golf the same, and so on and so on.  If you are not careful, you will find yourself winded from all the activity.  We have now discovered why people need such gargantuan family rooms.  You will really use a lot of room up with your moving around, and swinging.  It is truly an engaging game system.  Just got to find the units.  The accessories seem to be everywhere.  Will look forward to your Wii report after you get the system.  You may end up with one at Uncle Donnie's house so Parker will have it there when she comes over.  You know, sometimes you gotta take one for the team.   :D

Ok, after reading this earlier I realized I'd not called the local stores since before Christmas.  Best Buy and three of the Wal Mart Stupor Centers within 10 or 12 miles did not.  The fourth Wal Mart (also within the same radius) had 8 come in today.

Boogied across town and scored two.  Also one extra set of controllers as the box said each kit comes with but one.  Hooked one up here and have already played, stroked, worked up a sweat and fell over the coffee table.  So it will be one here and the birthday present in six weeks all taken care of.

I think (but not sure) that the "mat" thing you spoke of is something called the Wii Fit.  It's a fitness addition to the system.  But apparently not out here in the states yet.

All the accessories that a half hour's surfing here have shown are daunting to immediately recognize needs for.  Fortunately that means little else will be bought.  And once the kid gets the one that she and her dad will get (they share a birthday) my sister can be responsible for things like Wii Hanna Montana and Wii High School Musical and Wii Did It in the Hot Tub (that last one may not be a game title :nixweiss: ).

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2007, 06:40:53 AM »

2Lane, with 6 weeks of serious practice you might be able to hang with your niece for the first day or two, so get to practicing!  :2vrolijk_21:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2007, 06:46:55 AM »

Congratulations, scoring two Wii units.  I know a lot of Mom and Dad's who'd have like to have been able to make that score for the Christmas tree this year.  As for the other accessories, Jamey did some perusing of the kids who play chat lines and they say the golf club, tennis racket and baseball bat made by Wii ---- are a waste of money.  Jamey had bought the shot gun accessory, and it does not add any realism to shooting birds or skeet.  There are aftermarket items that may be better, but when you look at the size, you can see the age market they are made for.  

But you are right, you do need two controllers, and you are going to need two numchucks as well.  I'm going to keep my eye out for the Wii fit mat.  

Happy Wiiing.  MMMMM that just does not sound right.   ;)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2007, 06:52:14 AM »

I knew I had gotten old when the new music made no sense & sounded like cats mating in tin trash cans with a bass back beat.

This thread indicates I am an ancient relic - no need for anyone to try & interpret.    ::)
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2007, 10:49:48 AM »

going to need two numchucks as well.  I'm going to keep my eye out for the Wii fit mat.  

MrsWii, is the "numchuck" you're talking about this other half of the controller for the left hand? Or is there something else out there I don't know anything about yet?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2007, 10:50:43 AM »

2Lane, with 6 weeks of serious practice you might be able to hang with your niece for the first day or two, so get to practicing!  :2vrolijk_21:

There's no pretense on my part here. I know that in very short order it'll get ugly.  The (then) five year will certainly kick my butt.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2007, 04:13:01 PM »

MrsWii, is the "numchuck" you're talking about this other half of the controller for the left hand? Or is there something else out there I don't know anything about yet?
You got it, the other half for the left hand. Actually, depending on the game, it can be intended for either hand.  Sometimes it is a joy stick.  You'll get it.  It is just that depending on the games you buy, if you want two to be able to play, you need both controllers and both numchucks.  Which game/s are you playing with now?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2007, 04:15:03 PM »

You got it, the other half for the left hand. Actually, depending on the game, it can be intended for either hand.  Sometimes it is a joy stick.  You'll get it.  It is just that depending on the games you buy, if you want two to be able to play, you need both controllers and both numchucks.  Which game/s are you playing with now?

This morning I went bowling in the living room for what was supposed to be 10 or 15 minutes but ended up being 45.....
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 22 queries.