Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Secret Paint Codes  (Read 2024 times)

pushrod

Secret Paint Codes
« on: October 08, 2004, 12:04:33 PM »

I am trying to find a color match for the yellow pearl paint so I can get a black muffler bracket painted to match the frame.  The dealer tells me the HD paint code for yellow pearl is SECRET!  Has anyone found a description or code a body shop might understand for HD yellow pearl?
  As an alternative, has anyone installed a Screamin' Eagle Two into one exhaust system and chromed the black bracket?  If so, I would like to see a picture.  I am concerned that chroming the bracket would be a little too much chrome.  I think the black bracket needs work.  See photo.

Thanks

TB

• Full CVO Member
  • Name: TB
Re: Secret Paint Codes
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 12:02:54 PM »

If you buy (or get a look at) the HD touch up paint (bottle) there will be a number code on it.  Take this number to your friendly PPG auto paint distributor and they will match it. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

The only secret is that Harley wants you to buy their painted sheetmetal!!!! [smiley=confused.gif]
TB
2008 FLHX, 103 Big Bore, SE Air Cleaner and re-map, Klock Werk windshield.
2005 Assembled - Grim Reap'r -100ci RevTech, Prowler frame.
1993 Sportster - Steam Roll'r - 1200cc, 200 front tire, Paucho springer.
more photos at:  www.nccycle.com

TCSTD

Re: Secret Paint Codes
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 07:35:21 AM »

Never gave that a thought, good thinking [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
03 FXSTDSEI ,  K&N & Kit , Stage 2 download ,SE II slipons,  Low profile anniversary windshield , Replaced  smoked lenses with red/amber, headlight and turn signal extensions ,Some extra chrome.

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 22 queries.