Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Yellow Bike Sited  (Read 2714 times)

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
Yellow Bike Sited
« on: April 03, 2005, 09:27:41 PM »

New yellow bike delivered this past thurs (march 31st) from Fletchers HD in Clearwater. Owner was riding it on 4/2 at the Crystal River HD open house/anniversary deal. Very nice, shows great in the sun, dash sucks regardless of what anyone says, just to bright. Other than the dash, it is great looking. Dash needs to be silver.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: Yellow Bike Sited
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 05:34:33 AM »

DW6019, DId you turn the rider onto this site?  Lots a pictures showing off this wonderful looking bike by Shovelhead57 on the General CVO thread;

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=cvo_gen;action=display;num=1111453560;start=0#0

As for the inner fairing being bright? i like it.  It makes it look big, but it looks good, and as Shovelhead pointed out, when you are riding, all you see is the road and it wouldn't matter what color bike you were riding.   Of couse, as long as it is red.  But the yellow is gorgeous, I can't wait to see one in person myself.   [smiley=bigok.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 05:57:02 PM »

DW6019, DId you turn the rider onto this site?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 08:41:32 PM »

I'm with Mrs. We CVO on this one.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 09:33:32 PM »

They are never made in the same number. It would depend on how many each dealer would order. Some dealers will get more than others and some don't order at all. Also some will order say one teal, two red and one yellow. Most of your high volume dealers are able to order 2 or 3 of each. So we don't know the exact numbers till the run is over. I do know that the SEEG1 had less than 2800 made and that is in 2 colors. I think orange/black was the most popular.

I have a yellow SEEG2 on order but after seeing the pics on this site 2 days ago I'm not to sure that I am going to take it.  If I do take delivery I am going to do something with that dash. Maybe silver?
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

M.White

• Junior CVO Member
  • aka:
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 09:36:42 PM »

[How can it be the "rarest" when the green and the red and the yellow were all supposed to be produced in the same numbers?
[/quote]

Twolane,

At the Las Vegas dealers meeting they supposedly said they were going to increase production numbers on the Red and Greens and limit the numbers on the Yellows to the confirmed orders. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] I had originally put money down on a Yellow in October, but then found the Red for MSRP and decided not to wait on the late January  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] delivery date. Just could not wait, and now could not be happier with the Red.  [smiley=bigok.gif] Glad to hear you got back safe and sound, enjoyed talking with you in La., looking forward to talking more at Magee Valley.  [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]

MWhite  
05 FLHTCSE2
SE Stage 1 AC
Bassani Power Curves
Bassani Reverse Cone HO
PC III usb

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 10:28:42 PM »

How can it be the "rarest" when the green and the red and the yellow were all supposed to be produced in the same numbers?

The Blue and Black and the Orange and Black was also scheduled to be produced in equal numbers (see early posts in this forum) however many of us that were originally scheduled to receive the Orange and Black (I am one of those), after seeing the Blue and Black, changed my colors.  

So many people were changing theirs from O&B to B&B that it moved back the first delivery of the O&B.  It's all in the early posts of this forum.

I'm guessing that many who should have gotten the bannana probably had their color changed to the red.  That would mean fewer bannanas.

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 10:34:06 PM »

They are never made in the same number. It would depend on how many each dealer would order. Some dealers will get more than others and some don't order at all. Also some will order say one teal, two red and one yellow. Most of your high volume dealers are able to order 2 or 3 of each. So we don't know the exact numbers till the run is over. I do know that the SEEG1 had less than 2800 made and that is in 2 colors. I think orange/black was the most popular.

I have a yellow SEEG2 on order but after seeing the pics on this site 2 days ago I'm not to sure that I am going to take it.

West Coast GTG   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 11:18:08 PM »

DC I agree with you on most counts however, disagree with the color count on the B&B and the O&B.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 11:21:41 PM »

Glad to hear you got back safe and sound, enjoyed talking with you in La., looking forward to talking more at Magee Valley.

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 01:08:39 AM »

I have a yellow SEEG2 on order but after seeing the pics on this site 2 days ago I'm not to sure that I am going to take it.

LeRoy

• Full CVO Member
  • God, Family, Country, Harley !
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2005, 01:19:15 AM »

God made the colors of the rainbow for a reason..and one of those reasons is so we can enjoy the greatest bike Harley ever produced in just about any flavor we like....

I think they are all beautiful and wish we could do an online group hug........

LeRoy.  [smiley=angel.gif] [smiley=smilie_eimer.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2005, 01:22:57 AM »

the Dealers have an allotment, but can specify color preferences.  They make the decision when they see the bikes at the Dealer Show.   [smiley=cool3.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2005, 02:33:37 AM »

Don, leave those poor guys with the oldest and slowest versions of the SEEG alone.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2005, 02:40:50 AM »

The Blue and Black and the Orange and Black was also scheduled to be produced in equal numbers (see early posts in this forum) however many of us that were originally scheduled to receive the Orange and Black (I am one of those), after seeing the Blue and Black, changed my colors.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.