Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: cvo paint  (Read 3529 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: cvo paint
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 10:51:36 AM »

So I ended up ordering from my local dealer and then beating the hell out of the old one I had to turn in w/ a sledge hammer.  I figured, if is not on my wall, is not going to be on anyone's garage.   Let's Roll

My feelings exactly. Still haven't decided how I will handle the gas tank emblem I have waiting for me at the dealer.
Personally, I think this is a consumer rights issue. I bought the bike, I own the bike, not the rights to use it (eg software). SO I should be able to buy parts for the bike as required by law. (manufacturers are required to have parts available for a minimum of 10 years, automotive anyway).

But, if I have to give the emblem back it will not turn up on eBay.

BTW, I have a Fatboy SE air cleaner that I bought on eBay, as well as a pumpkin derby cover, also eBay and both from dealers.
Its just not right, I understand their reasoning, but heck, I don't want all the SE parts, only a couple here and there.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 10:56:50 AM »

My feelings exactly. Still haven't decided how I will handle the gas tank emblem I have waiting for me at the dealer.
Personally, I think this is a consumer rights issue. I bought the bike, I own the bike, not the rights to use it (eg software). SO I should be able to buy parts for the bike as required by law. (manufacturers are required to have parts available for a minimum of 10 years, automotive anyway).

But, if I have to give the emblem back it will not turn up on eBay.

BTW, I have a Fatboy SE air cleaner that I bought on eBay, as well as a pumpkin derby cover, also eBay and both from dealers.
Its just not right, I understand their reasoning, but heck, I don't want all the SE parts, only a couple here and there.

Duane,

I just got a new emblem for my 07 Jester. All I had to do was give them the VIN. I now have three emblems. No one ever asked for the old part. I think a lot of that is the dealer and not Harley.

The new frame was a different story as it has to beheaded to get a new one.

:indian_chief:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 11:21:20 AM »

Duane,

I just got a new emblem for my 07 Jester. All I had to do was give them the VIN. I now have three emblems. No one ever asked for the old part. I think a lot of that is the dealer and not Harley.

The new frame was a different story as it has to beheaded to get a new one.

Frames have serial numbers (as well as the engine) so I wholeheartedly agree. would want my bike heisted, frame changed out and then resold.

I think the real issue boils down to the "trinket" items. My gas tank emblem, which I damaged, is mine, and when it is replaced I want to cut the undamaged part off (CVO portion) and use it with a framed picture of the bike.
Most of us only want one or two items, and I'm sure most everyone would like the tourpak emblem to display.

I would love to add the new tourpak brake light and emblem (Screamin Eagle) to my barren tourpak now, but I can't.

MV 2013

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008, 07:31:27 AM »

Frames have serial numbers (as well as the engine) so I wholeheartedly agree. would want my bike heisted, frame changed out and then resold.

I think the real issue boils down to the "trinket" items. My gas tank emblem, which I damaged, is mine, and when it is replaced I want to cut the undamaged part off (CVO portion) and use it with a framed picture of the bike.
Most of us only want one or two items, and I'm sure most everyone would like the tourpak emblem to display.

I would love to add the new tourpak brake light and emblem (Screamin Eagle) to my barren tourpak now, but I can't.

I saw one yesterday.  Too bad you can't.  It's really sharp.  Since Great Lakes Waterjet is making the awesome shifter linkages maybe they can do the same thing with a shin strip of aluminum to fill the space between the lights.  I don't know if you can get the molding around it but I bet you could.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 07:50:42 PM »

I don't know if you can get the molding around it but I bet you could.

1st I would have to find out if the trim fits an earlier tourpak

MV 2013

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 22 queries.