Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Does he deserve to be our President?  (Read 11186 times)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Does he deserve to be our President?
« on: January 23, 2008, 10:15:13 AM »

I am not a person who like the politic and follow what happens in Washington but I just saw this article and even though I am not surprised for our President's bunch of lies I think in the parents and relatives of who lost their lives in Irak for this absurd war.

By DOUGLASS K. DANIEL, Associated Press Writer
Wed Jan 23, 6:43 AM ET

935 FALSE STATEMENT ON IRAK

WASHINGTON - A study by two nonprofit journalism organizations found that President Bush and top administration officials issued hundreds of false statements about the national security threat from Iraq in the two years following the 2001 terrorist attacks.

The study concluded that the statements "were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses."

The study was posted Tuesday on the Web site of the Center for Public Integrity, which worked with the Fund for Independence in Journalism.

White House spokesman Scott Stanzel did not comment on the merits of the study Tuesday night but reiterated the administration's position that the world community viewed Iraq's leader, Saddam Hussein, as a threat.

"The actions taken in 2003 were based on the collective judgment of intelligence agencies around the world," Stanzel said.

The study counted 935 false statements in the two-year period. It found that in speeches, briefings, interviews and other venues, Bush and administration officials stated unequivocally on at least 532 occasions that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction or was trying to produce or obtain them or had links to al-Qaida or both.

"It is now beyond dispute that Iraq did not possess any weapons of mass destruction or have meaningful ties to al-Qaida," according to Charles Lewis and Mark Reading-Smith of the Fund for Independence in Journalism staff members, writing an overview of the study. "In short, the Bush administration led the nation to war on the basis of erroneous information that it methodically propagated and that culminated in military action against Iraq on March 19, 2003."

Named in the study along with Bush were top officials of the administration during the period studied: Vice President Dick Cheney, national security adviser Condoleezza Rice, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, Secretary of State Colin Powell, Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz and White House press secretaries Ari Fleischer and Scott McClellan.

Bush led with 259 false statements, 231 about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 28 about Iraq's links to al-Qaida, the study found. That was second only to Powell's 244 false statements about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 10 about Iraq and al-Qaida.

The center said the study was based on a database created with public statements over the two years beginning on Sept. 11, 2001, and information from more than 25 government reports, books, articles, speeches and interviews.

"The cumulative effect of these false statements — amplified by thousands of news stories and broadcasts — was massive, with the media coverage creating an almost impenetrable din for several critical months in the run-up to war," the study concluded.

"Some journalists — indeed, even some entire news organizations — have since acknowledged that their coverage during those prewar months was far too deferential and uncritical. These mea culpas notwithstanding, much of the wall-to-wall media coverage provided additional, 'independent' validation of the Bush administration's false statements about Iraq," it said

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080123/ap_on_go_pr_wh/misinformation_study
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 10:16:53 AM by jegomez »

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
Re: Does he deserve to be our President?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 10:46:10 AM »

I am not sure that this site is right for political arguments. There are plenty of sites/blogs available and the "hate Bush" rhetoric is old and tiring.
If under the guise of independant/unbiased opinion is the authority rule who decides what unbiased is?  Media Matters?  Move on?  Michael Moore?
CNN? MSNBC? fox?  how about Ann Coulter.

Just remeber how we got into Iraq, your elected representatives voted on this including Hillary and they now are running away from their own best decisions now it is election time. Do not let them distort history.    oh by the way Iraq is doing very well right now and where is the major media outlets now!

only bad news needs reporting?
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 12:38:35 PM »

I hate to confuse the issue with any facts, However in 1998 Your beloved Bill Clinton vetoed the energy bill that would have allowed drilling in An war Alaska, That pipe line would now have been completed and we would have no reason to protect our interest in the Mideast as we would be supplying our own oil produced on this side of the world!

NOT being able to Drill OFF shore (USA) or Burn COAL (which we have enough for a million years) in the USA or in Alaska we have been put in the postion we are in today--india and china are comming on line with auto's and oil burning power generators every day using the oil we continue to import.

If you think we don't have an interest in the mideast then you are not ridding anything or need any fuel to heat your house, What you are told you may think are lies but that is lame mistake for national security whatever it took to get into Iraq was just part of the cost of American lives that have been lost since 1979 to include the Cole, NYC, and countless service men and women who have given there LIFE in IRAQ and Afghanistan!

To leave Iraq Now or any time in the future would disgrace the Men and women that have given there live to keep the USA supplied with FUEL and to FREE Iraq and make a shared base of USA operations, just like we have in Germany, Japan, South Korea and around the world-- KILL them There or we will have to kill them here!!

I understand your need to stay on message about the President -- However Histroy will say that he was the right person at the right time in our live, much like Regan is being discussed today.

GOD BLESS AMERICA and GOD BLESS GW  :znothingfunny:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 01:07:44 PM »

Yea...let's dig up all the coal and burn it however the companies that buy it see fit; drill every possible oil field within our boundaries, regardless of impact on either human or other life species on the planet; then we can start working on getting all the shale oil out of the Rocky Mountains, until they are just nubs and look like the surface of the moon.  Those are the perfect solutions to our problems...they are so simple, why hasn't someone thought of them before?
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 01:10:48 PM »

Jorge...

Not only is Bush and his "crew" liars, but Bush will go down in history as one of the worst presidents this country has ever had...the man is an absolute idiot.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 01:23:33 PM »

What is new?  Politicians are self serving crooks...If you cant or wont hold a job, go into politics.
One must admit for a draft dodging drug hazed alky, GW has done good for himself with Papas help of course.
That Texas Rangers stadium deal made him some big bucks but it is that kissing of the House of Saud Ass that put my skivvies in a wad.

J1AHO

Miker

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 01:39:26 PM »

Here's something else that all GW's Fault  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Drought Could Force Nuke-Plant Shutdowns
January 23, 2008 12:44 PM EST
LAKE NORMAN, N.C. - Nuclear reactors across the Southeast could be forced to throttle back or temporarily shut down later this year because drought is drying up the rivers and lakes that supply power plants with the awesome amounts of cooling water they need to operate.

http://my.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20080123/4796c9d0_3ca6_1552620080123139565434

Just trying to keep on message -- I would be gald to support a coal burning power plant on my 5 Ac lot show me  a link to sign up-- there are no snail darters or spotted owls or polar bears on my lot.  ;D

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 02:19:41 PM »

Here's something else that all GW's Fault  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Drought Could Force Nuke-Plant Shutdowns
January 23, 2008 12:44 PM EST
LAKE NORMAN, N.C. - Nuclear reactors across the Southeast could be forced to throttle back or temporarily shut down later this year because drought is drying up the rivers and lakes that supply power plants with the awesome amounts of cooling water they need to operate.

http://my.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20080123/4796c9d0_3ca6_1552620080123139565434

Just trying to keep on message -- I would be gald to support a coal burning power plant on my 5 Ac lot show me  a link to sign up-- there are no snail darters or spotted owls or polar bears on my lot.  ;D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 03:07:43 PM »

Not long after this thread posted the radio stations had picked up on it.

Surprised how much traction it is getting.  Not that it shouldn't.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 03:20:29 PM »

Jorge...

Not only is Bush and his "crew" liars, but Bush will go down in history as one of the worst presidents this country has ever had...the man is an absolute idiot.

:2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 03:38:16 PM »

I'm kinda with Wayne here. With the technology today, there's no reason we shouldn't be going back to coal. Coal that's mined right here in America. There's no reason that the oil hasn't been tapped in Alaska either. And there's no reason to fight terrorism and include that in the guise of Middle East Energy interests. If we had no Middle East Energy interests, our policies there would look completely different than they do today. I'm all for wiping terrorism off the face of the earth. And doing that with a wrath that's never been seen before by mankind. But don't use energy as any part of the reason or the excuse. Especially when we have plenty of our own!!!

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 04:03:46 PM »

Monica Says:

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 04:06:20 PM »

Bill in his early years!

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 04:06:56 PM »

Monica Says:

Great Picture, Thank You  :2vrolijk_21:

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 04:11:34 PM »

I'm kinda with Wayne here. With the technology today, there's no reason we shouldn't be going back to coal. Coal that's mined right here in America. There's no reason that the oil hasn't been tapped in Alaska either. And there's no reason to fight terrorism and include that in the guise of Middle East Energy interests. If we had no Middle East Energy interests, our policies there would look completely different than they do today. I'm all for wiping terrorism off the face of the earth. And doing that with a wrath that's never been seen before by mankind. But don't use energy as any part of the reason or the excuse. Especially when we have plenty of our own!!!

Hoist! 8)

Are you sure this is Howie???? ;D

But I kinda agree! If it wasn't for oil companies and other big business owning our congress, we'd have alternate fuels, I'm not talking about corn! We'd also have cars that got twice the mileage they get now!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.