Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: Does he deserve to be our President?  (Read 11243 times)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: Does he deserve to be our President?
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2008, 01:53:00 PM »

I should rephrase that statement, and apologize for being so blunt.

That GW is not the brightest bulb in the box is not a partisan opinion, and neither is his lack of fully understanding all facets of any given problem.

In my opinion, a good leader, even if they are not the most intelligent being on the planet, should surround him/herself with people/advisers who bring different perspectives to the table, regardless of political affiliation, and actually listen to what they have to say...not blow them off just because their opinions/advice do not fit with their point of view.  They might actually offer up a reasonable argument contrary to his/her preconceived notions.

As I have stated previously, very, very few issues facing the country (the world, for that matter) stand in a vacuum...almost every action taken has a ripple effect, and until all those ripples have been examined and weighed, it is better to take no action at all.  As I've also said, there absolutely are no simple solutions to very complex problems.  This country has not been appointed by anyone to be "King of The Planet"...there is always room for reasonable differences in thought...there are truths to be found in all.  Last time I looked, there were no absolutes...
Terry these two statements seem to be contradictory. "What the US can do, and should do, is provide leadership to the rest of the world in all things...that puts pressure on other countries to make better policy". This one is from your post #50. Unless I lost it's meaning from a context standpoint the two leave me confused on your position. Would you mind to clarify.

By the way this is not an attack on Terry, just merely two friends discussing points of view. I've never met you Terry and I must say that we do differ greatly on SOME of these matters but I still look forward to us sitting down over a cold one. And I personally think that it's the sharing of ideas that make us wiser. It's important to keep this in context for me!  :2vrolijk_21:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2008, 01:55:41 PM »

WE the people seem to assume very little individual personal responsibility.
well.......we are all part of the 'me' culture, aren't we?  I think the last 'war' this country got involved with that in which most of the citizens actually sacrificed more than 'lip service' was WWII.  Lots of analogies between the way that war and the current war got started......but seems to end with the degree of support the citizens engaged in........It's as if now that we're part of a world economy instead of a country economy, it's as if what is good for the individual is more important than what's good for the country.  More Corporate profits by shipping our jobs to whereever.....the same as allowing 'illegals' to perform our jobs in-country at less costs for increased profits even though breaking laws and pressuring  our tax-supported systems to the point of breaking.  Hmmmm.  Maybe we're electing officials that give us just what were wanting???  :confused5:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2008, 01:58:44 PM »

well.......we are all part of the 'me' culture, aren't we?  I think the last 'war' this country got involved with that in which most of the citizens actually sacrificed more than 'lip service' was WWII.  Lots of analogies between the way that war and the current war got started......but seems to end with the degree of support the citizens engaged in........It's as if now that we're part of a world economy instead of a country economy, it's as if what is good for the individual is more important than what's good for the country.  More Corporate profits by shipping our jobs to whereever.....the same as allowing 'illegals' to perform our jobs in-country at less costs for increased profits even though breaking laws and pressuring  our tax-supported systems to the point of breaking.  Hmmmm.  Maybe we're electing officials that give us just what were wanting???  :confused5:  spyder
Ya know Spydy I have given much thought to the question about the government using tax revenue vs war bonds for our war efforts. Seems to me using the tax revenue removes all personal accountability unless you have a loved one thats served or serving!! Just my .02

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2008, 02:34:27 PM »

Little listening is being done among all the talking.  So no one will notice this:

I have a rash, on my butt.

On one cheek it looks kind of like an elephant.

On the other it looks a lot like a donkey :nixweiss: .

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2008, 02:50:45 PM »

Little listening is being done among all the talking.  So no one will notice this:

well, I see the discussion has taken a 'tail-wind'.  :oops: :o har! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2008, 02:56:40 PM »

well, I see the discussion has taken a 'tail-wind'.  :oops: :o har! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  spyder
:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: 
 :cowboy: :beatdeadhorse:

Jackass?  Maybe? 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2008, 02:58:34 PM »

:worthless:

??? :huepfenlol2: ???

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2008, 02:59:57 PM »

Hey that is your tail wind you are asking for pictures of buddy

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2008, 03:01:44 PM »

Quit making me laugh dammit :huepfenlol2: .  Ooops, sorry, you're name isn't dammit :coolblue: .

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2008, 03:16:01 PM »

:worthless:

??? :huepfenlol2: ???

Don,
      You win the Hoist Most Shameless Example of Post Count Boosting Award, for the day (perhaps the week) for quoting yourself

That's lame even for an admitted self agrandizer like you

B B

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2008, 03:17:23 PM »

Terry these two statements seem to be contradictory. "What the US can do, and should do, is provide leadership to the rest of the world in all things...that puts pressure on other countries to make better policy". This one is from your post #50. Unless I lost it's meaning from a context standpoint the two leave me confused on your position. Would you mind to clarify.

By the way this is not an attack on Terry, just merely two friends discussing points of view. I've never met you Terry and I must say that we do differ greatly on SOME of these matters but I still look forward to us sitting down over a cold one. And I personally think that it's the sharing of ideas that make us wiser. It's important to keep this in context for me!  :2vrolijk_21:

One was an abstraction of our position as a country,and the other more literal.   The days of forcing our principles of government, religion, etc are long gone.  It is my opinion that good leadership, no matter the context, is best done by by example....good examples.

I am certain we could sit down and have a beer or three together and be friends, and hope that opportunity presents itself at some point in time.. :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2008, 03:18:39 PM »

As much as I think of Don, please do not give me a visual any worse than the one already in mind... :nervous:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2008, 03:20:17 PM »

Don,
      You win the Hoist Most Shameless Example of Post Count Boosting Award, for the day (perhaps the week) for quoting yourself

B B

What does "agrandizer" mean?
Was gonna google it but was scared what the answer would be!

:nixweiss:         :nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2008, 03:22:18 PM »

AgĀ“gran`di`zer
n. 1. One who aggrandizes, or makes great.

Aggrandize:
1.To increase the scope of; extend.
2.To make greater in power, influence, stature, or reputation.
3.To make appear greater; exaggerate: aggrandize one argument while belittling another

And why the hell not!!! ::) :P :drink:

Hoist! 8)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 03:24:32 PM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2008, 03:24:05 PM »

Don,

B B

Thankyewveramuch.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 23 queries.