Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: "Super" SERT?  (Read 18473 times)

sblade1948

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE
Re: "Super" SERT?
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2008, 07:40:15 AM »

Can the SERT adjust the speedometer ? I have an 07 FXDSE , Changed clutch pulley to a 30t. Thanks.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2008, 09:13:25 AM »

I'm seeing reports on another forum that the new Super Tuner cannot read the MT5 or MT6 files from the older version of the SERT. Also, that you can't download canned maps. I don't believe this but I guess it could be true. My Super SERT is on the truck on the way but I do not have it yet. I'll try and confirm this when mine arrives.

The first part is believable but I agree that the second part, not being able to download maps, doesn't seem like that would be a good decision.

:indian_chief:

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2008, 08:35:37 PM »

Picked this up from a veteran tuner:

You can still down load maps from the Super Tuner...but they are just that, a canned map is only a starting point.  You have to do exactly what you had to do with the old tuner...there is no magic in this new tuner.  It has the same maps as the old tuner but they are a MTO file now instead of a MT5 or MT6 file. When I say it has the same maps I am speaking in general ,ie there might be some small changes in timing or fuel but are basically the same as the old maps....if you don't have all SE parts it won't be as close as it would if it did have all SE parts.  The Super Tuner has all the same tuning tables to work with but a new way to access the tables with their new software program. The ONLY thing I found to be different is it allows the computer to talk the the ECM via a USB port and Vista works this year.  There is less clicking with a mouse to get to the tuning tables which is stated as easier to tune....sorry but you still have to go through the process you did before this up graded tuner.  The last BIG change is it allows you to record 15 min of data without carrying a lap top with you......this doesn't mean you push this magic button, ride for 15 min then program it into the computer and it is all done, matter of fact I don't see how this helps the tuner get his job done any faster or better....it's just bells and whistles as far as I'm concerned. 

Bottom line is you still have to Dyno tune your build to dial in the canned map to your configuration, it doesn't happen any faster nor are there any short cuts if you want it done correctly.

I'm not bashing this product I'm just stating it's the same thing in a different package and it isn't magic or a self learner that some have been led to believe. The tune up is still a 4 to 5 hour job for the average experienced tuner.

:2vrolijk_21:
'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.