Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bus ride and a pile of out control teenagers  (Read 1265 times)

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
Bus ride and a pile of out control teenagers
« on: February 28, 2008, 09:17:42 AM »

I do not know how many of you saw the video with this out of control teenage girl and a bus driver.
The mom coming to the defense of her daughter even after her reprehensible behavior is over the top.
What ever happened to personal responsibility?
Why is it when we find this bad behavior that we accept the notion that it must be caused by a force that is not within the reach of the individual.
I am tired of the excuses, and find that people should be held accountable for their actions.
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: Bus ride and a pile of out control teenagers
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 09:37:07 AM »

I had not heard of this particular story, but we have breakfast with our HOG chapter some Sundays and a number of the members are bus drivers and they tell us horror stories of what lengths they have to go to in order to protect them selves physically, and emotionally from the attacks and accusations.  And the accusations are just unbelievable.  Many have taken it upon themselves to video tape their driving area so the molestation accusations can be proven while they sit - hands in air while some of these young "ladies" say and move in manners that make it look like they are being mistreated.  So many have been prosecuted when accused by "mean girls" only to proven innocent of any impropriety.  They usually end up giving up this great $11,000 / year job ----- it just is not worth it.  And all the staff in schools face the same problems.  Things are so out of control.   I am not trying to say that young people have never been treated badly, cause I am sure they have, but now their way of hurting people is so out of control.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 09:54:48 AM »

:worthless: or film

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 10:39:49 AM »

BadDawg

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 04:07:42 PM »

Too bad they can't just kick their a$$e$ off the bus.   Take away their bus riding privileges for a certain amount of time so the parents have to get their snotty nosed kids to school themselves.
2000 SE Roadglide
1995 Nostalgia

The only mark you'll make in life is on your shorts.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 03:49:29 PM »

This topic intrigued me a little.  We have no children of our own, and really don't hang with folks too much that have kids, so we don't see any and hear of only a little of how bad it can be.  A quick check with our very good friend Google, and I find so many stories it is hard to believe.  This article really

Mean Girls and Bullying Boys: Doing Something About It - Most People Know What Bullying's Like

Teens might not know this, but most adults can remember a time where they were ridiculed, picked on or ostracized - or when they did this to someone else - or watched silently as it was done to someone else.

That horrible feeling as a flush rises until your whole face feels like it was set afire … the sick sensation in the pit of your stomach when you realize people are making fun of you behind your back … the twisted thrill of watching someone squirm from embarrassment, accompanied by a guilty tweak that your mother taught you better …
     ... The mute helplessness of not having the guts to intervene while someone else's self-esteem is squashed like a bug … the deadened conscience as empathy takes a beating along with the victim

This is the emotional collateral damage from bullying, one of the worst problems plaguing American teens - and experts say parents and teachers need to remember what it was like and take it seriously.

In 2006, a spat over a soda escalated to a bench-clearing cafeteria fight that sent a dozen McKinney High School girls to jail. This was a spectacular occurrence framing the kind of emotions that can run high among young people. However, the most damaging incidences of violence happen every day in every school in the form of bullying.

.... the rest of the story at the link

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.