Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FIRST 3 DAY RIDE IN 2005  (Read 2335 times)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
FIRST 3 DAY RIDE IN 2005
« on: April 12, 2005, 08:37:39 PM »

My wife and I do a lot of three day rides during the year.  Normally we know in advance where we are going and where we're going to stay.  Due to bad weather in the souteast, we decided we would get up early this past Friday and head wherever the weather was good.  It was still raining here in Augusta, but the weather looked good in the panhandle of Flordia.  Off we went.  This was the first time I had to use my rain suit this year.  After I got it on, I noticed it fit a lot tighter in the "hip" area compared to last year.  That didn't make any sense to me since I have lost about ten pounds thru the winter months (I'll get back to this problem later in my story).

We arrived in Panama City Beach that afternoon.  Didn't have too much of a problem finding a room even though it was spring break and every teenager in the southeast was there! [smiley=confused5.gif]  Was I that rowdy when I was 18?  Probably so.

Next morning we took Hwy 98 east along the gulf coast.  Overall a great ride.  We turned north and spent Saturday night in Fitzgerald GA.  Now I'm probably the most redneck member on this site (excluding HUB), but I didn't have nothin' on the people in that town.  You know you're a redneck if you dress up (kaki slacks, shirt with a collar, shoes and white socks) to go to dinner at the Huddle House on Saturday Night!  There was a "stretch limo" in the parking lot.  It was a very old school bus painted white, black window tint, chrome wheels and a generator bolted to the back bumper (so much for the emergency exit)!  Painted on the side in big black letters was " Top Shelf Party Limo".  I wish I could have seen the inside!

We got home Sunday afternoon.  A great trip!

I had a doctors appointment Monday so I told him about my problem with my rainsuit being too tight in the as s area.  After examining me he diagnosed me with Chestadrawers Disease.  Just what I needed to hear....... [smiley=mean.gif]

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

mfgreen

Re: FIRST 3 DAY RIDE IN 2005
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 08:48:02 PM »

it hurts to laugh that hard

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
Re: FIRST 3 DAY RIDE IN 2005
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 09:44:34 PM »

My wife and I do a lot of three day rides during the year.

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 22 queries.