Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is the tour-pak for 08 SERK easily removable?  (Read 1115 times)

ace07fxdl

• Full CVO Member
Is the tour-pak for 08 SERK easily removable?
« on: February 10, 2008, 12:53:23 AM »

Can you take it off relatively easily? Can't decide whether to go with the tour-pak or a trunk bag from Boss Bags w/ a luggage rack. I like the tour-pak cause it matches the reptile print on the bags but it would be nice if it was easily put on and off. Anyone have one on their SERK?

2008 FLHRSE4 SERK
Twilight Blue & Candy Cobalt

"Chance favors the prepared mind" - Louis Pasteur

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Is the tour-pak for 08 SERK easily removable?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 01:16:41 AM »

Can you take it off relatively easily? Can't decide whether to go with the tour-pak or a trunk bag from Boss Bags w/ a luggage rack. I like the tour-pak cause it matches the reptile print on the bags but it would be nice if it was easily put on and off. Anyone have one on their SERK?

Copied from a previous thread. D.L.

I have one on my SERK and it comes off as easy as the passenger's back rest.  So if you have no issues with it, you'll have no issues with the TP on your SERK.

I did have to do a bit of modifying to make the TP fit for us a bit better.  Both my wife and I are on the larger side of average and we found that even in the rear mounting postion the TP is too far forward.  It's a couple inches forward of the passenger's back rest.  I redrilled four new holes in the chrome mounting plate and moved the TP rearward on the mount.  I see now that there are new horseshoe mount tubes available from Kuryakyn that moves the TP back about 3" to start giving you lots of possible mounting positions.

Hope this helps you out some.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

ace07fxdl

• Full CVO Member
Re: Is the tour-pak for 08 SERK easily removable?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 08:38:20 PM »

Thanks Dan. It was very helpful and just the info I needed. I'll be going with the tour-pak myself. I want to be able to get it off if I want relatively easily. Thanks for confirming that I can. You can't beat the TP for looks either. Your bike looks great also Dan.

2008 FLHRSE4 SERK
Twilight Blue & Candy Cobalt

"Chance favors the prepared mind" - Louis Pasteur

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.