Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DAYTONA BIKE WEEK  (Read 2676 times)

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
DAYTONA BIKE WEEK
« on: April 15, 2005, 08:58:24 AM »

I MADE BIKE WEEK IN DAYTONA THIS YEAR. ITS GREAT WHEN YOUR PARENTS LIVE THERE. YOU CAN DOUBLE DIP AND REALLY ENJOY IT. LOTS OF ACTION.GREAT WEATHER PERMITTED LOTS OF MILES RIDDEN ON THE ELECTRA GLIDE. I SPENT TWO WEEKS IN DAYTONA AND SPENT WAY TOO MUCH MONEY. IT WAS WORTH IT!!!!! [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=6.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
Re:  DAYTONA BIKE WEEK
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 06:19:37 PM »

Mav,

With your parents living in Daytona, what are their thoughts regarding Bike Week?  In the years I have been going, I know many of the locals would love to rid themselves of this event.  Others realize the cash flow it brings into the city, even with the additional expenses and resources required to manage it.

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 05:43:05 AM »

My parents and lots of people that live in the Daytona area refuse to go anywhere near main street during the event. Too many people at one time in one spot. They usually go on the last Sunday to look for bargins from the vendors.Rumor has it that some big shot that owns 4 Harley dealerships in Florida is building a new harley shop on I-95. The hurricanes last year slowed the work progress down some. Its a huge complex that is being built in two phases. The idea is to bring vendors out away from main street to the new complex.
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
Re:
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 09:04:01 AM »

My parents and lots of people that live in the Daytona area refuse to go anywhere near main street during the event. Too many people at one time in one spot. They usually go on the last Sunday to look for bargins from the vendors.Rumor has it that some big shot that owns 4 Harley dealerships in Florida is building a new harley shop on I-95. The hurricanes last year slowed the work progress down some. Its a huge complex that is being built in two phases. The idea is to bring vendors out away from main street to the new complex.

You are correct regarding the HD Dealership...should be ready by Biketober Fest...Many of the custom vendors have already moved to the speedway given the sale of the property across the street from the orginial location.  

Having said all that, Main Street will continue to be a highlight and filled with people no matter what occurs.

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 05:21:51 AM »

MORE PICS FROM DAYTONA

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 05:24:33 AM »

MY MOM AND SCOOTER WITH THE 1996 ELECTRA GLIDE

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 05:29:10 AM »

My friend Kai from Finland on a Heritage Springer that he purchased while attending Bike Week.

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 21 queries.