Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More Ride Reports...Please!!  (Read 1805 times)

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
More Ride Reports...Please!!
« on: April 17, 2005, 10:39:09 PM »

Guys I have to ask a favor of all of you. I know that the weather is getting better around the country and most everyone is out riding on the weekend. Being that I cannot currently ride, I must now live vicariously through all of you. Any posts, be them long or short, will definitely speed up my recovery and bring a smile to my face. And of course, pictures would make it even better! I appreciate it and ride safe. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: More Ride Reports...Please!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 01:26:38 AM »

Guys I have to ask a favor of all of you. I know that the weather is getting better around the country and most everyone is out riding on the weekend. Being that I cannot currently ride, I must now live vicariously through all of you. Any posts, be them long or short, will definitely speed up my recovery and bring a smile to my face. And of course, pictures would make it even better! I appreciate it and ride safe. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Here's a quickie.  On the way back in to town this evening after a nice full afternoon on the bike I stopped at my sister's and brother-in-laws for a moment.  As I pulled up in front of the house a neighbor family was walking down the street with their kids in tow.  One of the kids is a little boy that looked to be about four years old.

My niece's parents weren't home so I hopped back on the bike and took off up the street.  The little four year old boy has never taken his eyes off the bike.   His eyes are like this  [smiley=shocked2.gif] just staring at it.  The kid is just digging on the bike.  

They're about a block ahead so I coast up halfway close to them and cut the ignition and finish rolling up beside them.  Lean over and say to the little boy something like "hi there, my name's Don.  Do you like motorcycles?  If your mommie says its ok you can sit on it if you want to."

At this point, and with astonishing immediacy, the little boy's look of early-bike-infatuation-nearing-adoration turns to something like a Klingon with tribbles in his shorts.  

The kids just freaks.  

Literally climbs up his mother's bike screaming "the bad biker talked to me, make the man go away."  The poor kid is just in tears as his mom untangles herself and leans over to say "um, he's a little shy."

If all that weren't bad enough for the little guy while this is going on his sister (looked to be about a year younger) is standing on the street next to where he'd been been before he played Mt. Everest with his mom.  The sister has her hands on her hips, one hip cocked out just a bit with a look on her face that just screamed "oh  pleeeeze, what a wuss."  With the attitude she threw in that moment she could already be auditioning for the lead in "Mommie Dearest."

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
Re: More Ride Reports...Please!!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 11:15:14 AM »

[smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Good stuff Don. Thanks buddy!

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 22 queries.