Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Does anything smell worse than burned microwave popcorn?  (Read 4123 times)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
Re: Does anything smell worse than burned microwave popcorn?
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2008, 08:45:56 AM »

Reminds me of the obvious. Road kill baking on hot asphalt. Sitting still in August over some sort of bloody / furry smear is a smell not forgotten.

Yup, that's a doozy.  By October it's just a dark spot on the shoulder.

I have to give a vote too to the coke ovens of a steel mill.  Before Bethlehem Steel shut down in Lackawanna, NY we'd roll the windows up if we were within 10 miles of it.  It didn't help.  All of the homes and businesses in the area were gray with soot too.  It's much cleaner now but there is still a hulking brownfield that once employed 20,000 on Buffalo's waterfront.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2008, 10:21:10 AM »

Yup, that's a doozy.  By October it's just a dark spot on the shoulder.

I have to give a vote too to the coke ovens of a steel mill.  Before Bethlehem Steel shut down in Lackawanna, NY we'd roll the windows up if we were within 10 miles of it.  It didn't help.  All of the homes and businesses in the area were gray with soot too.  It's much cleaner now but there is still a hulking brownfield that once employed 20,000 on Buffalo's waterfront.

Sounds like the sister city to Gary, Indiana...!
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2008, 10:34:23 AM »

Gut shot antelope is about the worst thing I ever smelled except for fews day old dead guy.  Few days old dead guy is definitely worst.  All of that is if I don't count some of my own cooking though.  Now that's some bad chit!

I was wondering when someone was going to bring up the old dead guy... I didn't want to be the first.

Once you have been subjected to this, there is nothing that is worse... and you end up noticing it more frequently afterwards.

We get them at work... they call them "sudden deaths"... I have always wondered why this term is used when the person passed about three weeks previous... nothing sudden about it!

I step off the elevator in an apartment building now and can immediately tell that there is someone on that floor just waiting to be discovered.

Another smell that is instinctual is the smell of burning flesh... of our variety.

You may not know the source, or what it is at first, but when you smell it, the hair on the back of your neck stands up.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2008, 11:03:08 AM »

You may not know the source, or what it is at first, but when you smell it, the hair on the back of your neck stands up.

Yuck but true.  Have occasionally wondered why it works that way too.  It is like the mind somehow locks on the odors of old dead guy or people meat and then always try to warn you of it again.  Has to be some instinctive taboo or something.  Those really are worse than gut shot antelope or my own cooking.  Though my own cooking would still rate way up there.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2008, 02:37:35 PM »

If eat too much deep fry and draft lightbeer my farts smell like dead old guy...

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2008, 03:52:12 PM »

I was wondering when someone was going to bring up the old dead guy... I didn't want to be the first.

Once you have been subjected to this, there is nothing that is worse... and you end up noticing it more frequently afterwards.

We get them at work... they call them "sudden deaths"... I have always wondered why this term is used when the person passed about three weeks previous... nothing sudden about it!

I step off the elevator in an apartment building now and can immediately tell that there is someone on that floor just waiting to be discovered.

Another smell that is instinctual is the smell of burning flesh... of our variety.

Like you I didn't want to mention these two either, but agree they are smells you'll never soon forget or want experience again.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.