Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: And then there were (FXR)3 . . .  (Read 30390 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: And then there were (FXR)3 . . .
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2008, 10:18:36 AM »

Dave, I saw your eBay auction for that bike awhile back.  It looked great in the photos and had me wondering how I could pull off a 4th bike with the missus. :sauer024:  That bike would make somebody a great scoot! :2vrolijk_21:

As far as going back to stock, yes, at this point I have everthing back to stock except the chrome lower belt guard, V&H pipes and the chrome primary.  The primary is the original one that had been chromed and it looks OK, but I'd like to eventually go back to the black wrinkle powdercoated original look.  I removed a few other trinkets of chrome since getting the bike like the front caliper cover and cylinder base covers - just didn't think they looked right on the bike (even though it was CHROME! :o ). :nixweiss:  I like the pipes and the belt guard, though.  Those will probably always stay! :2vrolijk_21:

Well don't expect my blue3 to stay stock. ::) ;D

Probably like to have mid controls. The one I'm looking at has forward controls. Was mid controls stock or was forward? I'll be trying to contact the owner today so Jim can check it out! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2008, 10:24:24 AM »

Mid controls with highway pegs up front is stock.

Longer-term I may not keep the internals of the motor stock either but do want to keep the outward appearance stock or close to stock.  Should be able to get 'er running stout (enough for me) with a cam and some head work. ;D

Good luck today, Howie!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2008, 11:17:36 AM »

Mid controls with highway pegs up front is stock.

Longer-term I may not keep the internals of the motor stock either but do want to keep the outward appearance stock or close to stock.  Should be able to get 'er running stout (enough for me) with a cam and some head work. ;D

Good luck today, Howie!

Thanks Brian. I hope the guy has the original stuff he took off then. Save me some $$$ setting it up for my liking! :2vrolijk_21: ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2008, 11:35:42 AM »

Hoist,

As was just stated by 103tHunDer about the shifting being OEM at the midrange area, just another thought, I believe the bike performs better as well especially when entering curves your feet are in a more proper position....

It sounds like you are in pursuit of a blue FXR3, you guys on the east coast don't let the grass grow under your feet that's for sure!!!!!! 

I am running a V~Thunder 3010 cam in my FXR2 and a buddy is running a Andrews EV~27 in his FXR3, he went originally from stock to a V~Thunder 3020 which was turning on too late for his liking so he went to the EV~27 and likes it very much.  I really like my V~Thunder 3010 cam in my FXR2.

Regards,

Tim

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2008, 09:30:03 PM »

Hoist,

As was just stated by 103tHunDer about the shifting being OEM at the midrange area, just another thought, I believe the bike performs better as well especially when entering curves your feet are in a more proper position....

It sounds like you are in pursuit of a blue FXR3, you guys on the east coast don't let the grass grow under your feet that's for sure!!!!!! 

I am running a V~Thunder 3010 cam in my FXR2 and a buddy is running a Andrews EV~27 in his FXR3, he went originally from stock to a V~Thunder 3020 which was turning on too late for his liking so he went to the EV~27 and likes it very much.  I really like my V~Thunder 3010 cam in my FXR2.

Regards,

Tim

Exactly why the mids will be going back on Tim! :2vrolijk_21:

And yeap, you're right, can't let that grass grow. I think I found my bike. Just waiting for everything to fall into place. I'll know Wed night if I took it home! :huepfenjump3:

I've always run Sifton cams in Evos but they're no longer around. Black Widow bought out their stuff, but I'll keep those cams in mind too. It's really gonna be up to Vern. He'll know what to do with the motor when I'm ready. With 9600 miles on it, I can get away with a Stage1.............................................................

til the end of the season, anyway! ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 11:26:05 PM by Hoist! »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.