Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Speedo Needed  (Read 2896 times)

webjammn

• Orange & Black FLTRSEI
Speedo Needed
« on: January 15, 2004, 01:18:06 PM »

I bought a used 2000 FLTRSEI from a guy in Nova Scotia, Canada.  Our arrangement was that the seller took care of the shipping and importing issues, including replacing the speedometer from a kph to mph type.  The seller installed a new black face mph speedo, which didn't match the other white face gages.  Evidently you can't buy just a white face speedometer for this bike, you have to buy both the speedo and tach at a cost of $400.  I've been looking for a white face insert for the speedo from a defective speedo or from a wrecked bike, but so far I haven't been able to find one.  If anyone knows where I could find a white face insert for my speedo I would greatly appreciate it!      

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Speedo Needed
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 02:53:57 PM »

Welcome to the site.

You may be better off posting in the SERG (Screamin Eagle Road Glide) forum.  All visitors do not read all the forums and that one is specific to your model.  Just a suggestion. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 06:01:58 PM »

I should have thought of that !!! [smiley=confused5.gif]

So I moved it!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 06:02:10 PM by cabo »
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 08:43:34 PM »

p/n 67468-00  speedo for this bike.  It's in the parts book....
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

webjammn

• Orange & Black FLTRSEI
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 01:02:20 PM »

Yea, I did just discover that the speedo alone can be purchased for $300, over twice the cost of a black face speedo.  Harley won't sell me just the insert though.

The reason I posted this in a general category is this same speedo fits FLHT models as well as FLTR.    

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2004, 08:02:02 PM »

Yea, I did just discover that the speedo alone can be purchased for $300, over twice the cost of a black face speedo.
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.