Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: What scooters do the ladies ride?  (Read 27696 times)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
Re: What scooters do the ladies ride?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2005, 08:17:24 PM »

As to the question, on the back of whatever I am riding...She has no interest in riding alone.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2005, 08:22:55 PM »

I don't think the choices were very well thought out for the poll. IMHO of course.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2005, 08:25:46 PM »

Another idea I'll probably catch he** for but GoFastGirl graduated to street bikes a few years ago on Kawaski Vulcan.  Low seat height, low center of gravity, easy to handle, decent looking bike and plenty of power.  Compared to an HD also an inexpensive bike to learn on and ding a little if such a thing might happen.

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2005, 01:12:30 AM »

My wife started on a Buell Blast for 4 mo. then bought a FXDL in 02, now she's riding my 03 Heritage.  Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 14 years and still got her
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2005, 01:30:21 AM »

Thanks members, your experience is great guidance.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 01:42:59 AM by Bad_Ass_2 »
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
6 speed tranny,regeared primary and secondary,
SE slip on pipes, K&M Kit, remap ECM
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 14 years and still got her
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2005, 10:04:41 AM »

Thanks Mrs. WeCVO. Printed off your thread and let Cheri read it. Lots to learn. Appreciate the guidance. Will let her do the training and get the feel of driving first. Several ladies riding in local HOG club. Getting to know them - great support for her. Will let her choose what she wants when she want to. No pressure for now. She' really getting into riding with me. Did only twice on my Honda ST1300. She's done 5 rides with me for over 600 miles totalso far on the CSE2. Cool...We've got a real cool road with small hills and curves nearby around the lake. I think she likes the rolling back and forth in the twisties. And close to home at one corner I always give'er through four gears up to 6000 rpm. Usually it's slow down. But nestled in with the tour pack supporting her, she's rocken... Cool...Thanks.
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
6 speed tranny,regeared primary and secondary,
SE slip on pipes, K&M Kit, remap ECM
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

Gr8Escape

• Need more hp!
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2005, 04:22:58 PM »

Since you asked....my wife rides an "other", as in 2003 FXSTDSE Screamin' Eagle Deuce, to go along with my 2003 FLHRSEI2 Screamin' Eagle Roadking.....now, ain't we a pair! [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=bigok.gif]

That's awesome Roadking.... way cool!
Ride like the wind....
Gr8Escape

'01 FLTRSEI...S&S 570G cams, Baker DD6, Dynojet PCIIIusb, Rich 2-into1 Thunderheaders.

'03 FLHRSEI2...Baker DD6, Dynojet PCIIIusb, Bub Rinehart True Duals.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2005, 11:09:23 AM »

Nancy rides my 03 Lowrider - It's 95" and the SEEG can't keep up!

I caught a glimpse of Nancy smokin all the SEEGs on the way down the hill from the dragon, and let me say she can ride the dog snot out it.   [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2005, 01:34:17 PM »

Badass2, this bike for sale  is a good example of getting a bike that is easy to learn on, and when your wife is ready to move up, it will be easy to move on quickly because of the low price. I would normally say this bike is too small, but it will go 55 mph and for the low price, I would not negate it.  JMHO, of course.     [smiley=cowboy.gif]  

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2005, 06:35:57 PM »

My sweetie is going for her motorcycle driving training and liscence in June. She is 46, 5'6", and 125 lbs. Think she should be on a scooter that has a 24" seat height and at a weight that she can handle.

I started riding solo on a Honda Shadow 600VLX at the age of 43. It sits and weighs a lot like the HD Low Rider. I think either would make a great starter bike for your wife. My first HD was a 1200C Sporty, recommended by my dealer and husband. I only rode that bike for a year. Just didn't like how it felt,  a little top heavy and a bit tall sitting for my short legs. Second HD was the first CVO bike from Harley, the FXR2. I kept that bike for nearly 4 years before I got the urge for something larger. The RKC was next, also recommended by my dear husband, a 2003 black and silver one. At the time I was really looking at the Fat Boys or the Heritage Classic., but again went with my husband's suggestion. I really loved that bike and it's nice smooth ride. However it turned out to be a bit too heavy and wide sitting for me and my short legs to handle. Even with it lowered quite a bit, with it being so wide I still couldn't get my feet down good enouth to get the leverage I needed to manuver it around in many situations. Mostly uneven ground and steep hills etc.... That's the reason I decided to go with a Fat Boy this time. The SE Fat Boy is nice and low and doesn't feel near as wide as the King did. Although it's only 40 something lbs lighter, to me it feels more like a hundred or more to me. It's because the FB has a lower center of gravity and sits much different than the King. It's working out much better for me. Most lady riders that I know who have been riding for a year or more have either the Low Rider, the Fat Boy, the new Softail Deluxe or a Heritage Classic .  All great bikes from the HD line for women riders, especially the ones of us with shorter legs.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]  Sandy
Sandy :)

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2005, 06:58:25 PM »

Sandy :)

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2005, 06:02:44 AM »

My Wife started out on an anniversary 883 Sporty , her first street bike. After 2 years of riding , she recently upgraded to a 1200 custom and loves it. We looked at the Softail Deluxe , while she loved the look and the feel she wasn't comfortable with the weight.
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

Cannibus_Man

• Full CVO Member
  • I love to set off car alarms
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2005, 01:18:24 PM »

here is a picture of my Riding partner  [smiley=laugh.gif] she owns a 2003 sportster hugger 883 (last year of the hugger) she loves the bike and would like to some day upgrade to a dyna low rider
~late~ Cann

HarleyGirl

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2005, 07:30:12 PM »

My first bike was a "05" 1200 custom sporty.  I agree with the ladies, I never felt comfortable on the bike, top heavy.  I do have a supporting partener who was patience and helps me. The best thing for us beginners is someone always pushing us when we are in doubting ourselves.  I also learned in the blue ridge mountains.  We went to Cherekee NC rally last September.   I got my licence in August and had about 300 miles on my sportster.  When I left NC I had gained another 500 miles and I have to say you can learn alot on those mountains.  I started to build my confindence on my sportster and I figured out I should have listened to my rider edge instructer.  He told me to skip the sportster and go for the lowrider or softail but as a beginner the size and weight indimidated me.  But it only took getting 1800 miles on my sportster and I knew this was not the bike for me.  I saw the 05 red sefb and fell in love.  I couldn't trade my sportster in fast enough.  Needless to say I am new rider with alot more to learn but I would rather learn on my Fatboy.

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2005, 08:04:40 PM »

The soft-tail deluxe boasts the lowest seat height next to the CVO's.  Rode one, it was down their, most ladies, and inseam challenged males like it.
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.