Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Willie G and the 110  (Read 6697 times)

blowncobra

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Blue
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Street Glide Orange Lava
Willie G and the 110
« on: March 17, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »

Had an oppurtunity to pose the 110 problem question to Wille G andd the techs yesterday at the Gatornationals in Gainesville FL- Short answer what problems? Long answer, we have it under control for the small number of units that have seen problems, and are correcting any and all under the warranty provisions. OKIE DOKIE. They also relate a great deal of problems to modifications owners have made and poor engine management tunes? For what it's worth.
THE WHOLE WORLD NEEDS A DRINK

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Willie G and the 110
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 11:13:14 AM »

blame the customer....... big surprise there
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 11:15:09 AM »

Had an oppurtunity to pose the 110 problem question to Wille G andd the techs yesterday at the Gatornationals in Gainesville FL- Short answer what problems? Long answer, we have it under control for the small number of units that have seen problems, and are correcting any and all under the warranty provisions. OKIE DOKIE. They also relate a great deal of problems to modifications owners have made and poor engine management tunes? For what it's worth.

Bingo!!! Classic Co line!!! Thanks Willie the Ostrich!!! Sell us an untested POS engine on your flagship bikes, then blame your best customers for causing the problem!!! Yeah, you really got my respect now!!! Take your BS and your w.....ty and stick it where the sun don't shine!!! :P >:(

What a piece of work. Some set of balls!!! You guys should be completely insulted by that type of comment. I know I am! FTF and FTW!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 11:42:13 AM »

blame the customer....... big surprise there

That's always the best approach.   :zwtf: are they thinking.  That's why I bought a SEEG, trust me, I never (seldom) buy used anything but until they get their chit figured out I'm not buying a new Harley.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 11:42:25 AM »

Can you say, "DENIAL"?  -I know you can.   :bananarock:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 11:45:48 AM »

Can you say, "DENIAL"?  -I know you can.   :bananarock:

Yeah, I think Willie the Ostrich must live in Egypt!!! :D :D :D

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 11:48:23 AM »

Yeah, I think Willie the Ostrich must live in Egypt!!! :D :D :D

Hoist! 8)

If he does he wouldn't be riding a 110, ..............too friggin' hot :huepfenlol2:

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 12:01:09 PM »

Well for 2 cents worth here we go. I don't blame the MOCO I blame BIG BROTHER! You see the MOCO gave the customer what they wanted. Thats right BIGGER AND BETTER. Yep we want a bigger engine. So you got it. The problem is BIG BROTHER says it will only put out X amount of emissions. Yep I know what we are all going to say. What a CROCK OF S$%T!!!!!! Yep I also agree.

The day I picked up my SEEG and rode ole Punkin home I could not believe the amount of heat that came off of the engine. Not knowing a lot about the fuelies at the time I made a few calls and was very well educated on the problem. These motors are way tooooo lean. Most of the guys on here know that and take things into their own hands. Yep A/C, pipes and fuel management. After that very few problems till we found the dreaded chain tensioners. Hence the gear driven cams and fueling oil pump and lifters and pushrods and roller rockers ECT,ECT,ECT!

So just to go on record here. QUIT YOUR DAMN WHINING!!!!! You knew of the problems, picked up the extended warranty and refused to make any changes to keep warranty intact.

So tell me people how does your extended warranty work?????? How does it feel to sit home and watch some boring baseball while all of your riding buddies are out riding. Oh and I forgot your bike is in the shop waiting on warranty work!!!!!

Not to be so damn brutal but we all know of MOST of the problems with our bikes. Bottom line is if you want a CVO plan on spending your good hard earned cash to buy it and some more hard earned cash to make it really yours.

Remember THE DAWG loves you all. Bottom line is owning a CVO is like buying another house.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 12:18:11 PM »

Well for 2 cents worth here we go. I don't blame the MOCO I blame BIG BROTHER! You see the MOCO gave the customer what they wanted. Thats right BIGGER AND BETTER. Yep we want a bigger engine. So you got it. The problem is BIG BROTHER says it will only put out X amount of emissions. Yep I know what we are all going to say. What a CROCK OF S$%T!!!!!! Yep I also agree.

The day I picked up my SEEG and rode ole Punkin home I could not believe the amount of heat that came off of the engine. Not knowing a lot about the fuelies at the time I made a few calls and was very well educated on the problem. These motors are way tooooo lean. Most of the guys on here know that and take things into their own hands. Yep A/C, pipes and fuel management. After that very few problems till we found the dreaded chain tensioners. Hence the gear driven cams and fueling oil pump and lifters and pushrods and roller rockers ECT,ECT,ECT!

So just to go on record here. QUIT YOUR DAMN WHINING!!!!! You knew of the problems, picked up the extended warranty and refused to make any changes to keep warranty intact.

So tell me people how does your extended warranty work?????? How does it feel to sit home and watch some boring baseball while all of your riding buddies are out riding. Oh and I forgot your bike is in the shop waiting on warranty work!!!!!

Not to be so damn brutal but we all know of MOST of the problems with our bikes. Bottom line is if you want a CVO plan on spending your good hard earned cash to buy it and some more hard earned cash to make it really yours.

Remember THE DAWG loves you all. Bottom line is owning a CVO is like buying another house.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

DAWG, I agree with your assessment of what needs to be done. This ain't nothing new. HD's solution to EPA has always been "make it leaner" going back to sealing off the mixture screws on CV carbs on EVO's. The '98 Evo was my first taste of their effort on an FI bike. That was just as bad, if not worse, as what they do today. That bike ran so hot it was unbelievable. I sold it after only one month and went back to a carb.

But the 110's problems of leaking and breaking are only a result of an underengineered and untested product, that they have their best customers do that testing for them in the field. Us! Then they take their sweet ass time and minimal cost to attempt the cheapest assed repairs they could come up with.

I saw this right away, blew them off, and built my own. But put the leaness aside, they still owe their customers a reliable engine, and failed miserably there with the 110! That's not the customer's fault, and shouldn't be their problem. I do agree, that if you want it right, don't wait or look for HD to provide that! Still sucks for those that nerver counted on that! ;)

Hoist! 8)

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 01:16:12 PM »

You got that right about the FI. I had an 02 with carb(changed to a Mikuni)" built to a 95". Nothing too elaborate but I got 108hp out of it. It was faster albeit lighter than what I drive now. And to get that amount of power cost me half what I had to do to achieve roughly the same HP.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 04:09:55 PM »

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Totally disagree.  I bought a very early pre leaker that also had a bad crank.  No modifications of any kind were made.  Would not have bought it if I knew it would get new head gaskets, cylinders every other oil change.  I say every other, because between gasket changes, they changed the whole engine and tranny for the crank issue and various other leaks.

TRIVIA Question for Willie G.
What do they change more often, the design of the gaskets or the specs for crank runout?

If I bought a 2008 with all this data out there then yes, I am stupid.  But no, I would not have invested in this fiasco of a product.  Screw Willie G.  With the stock at $34 he's lost half his money this year.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 04:18:03 PM »

If he said that to me, I would have replied, "Small number of units, eh?  Then why redesign the head gaskets at leat 4 times?"  What a load of bullcrap!

This pisses me off to no end.   

blowncobra

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Blue
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Street Glide Orange Lava
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 04:53:16 PM »

Totally disagree.  I bought a very early pre leaker that also had a bad crank.  No modifications of any kind were made.  Would not have bought it if I knew it would get new head gaskets, cylinders every other oil change.  I say every other, because between gasket changes, they changed the whole engine and tranny for the crank issue and various other leaks.

TRIVIA Question for Willie G.
What do they change more often, the design of the gaskets or the specs for crank runout?

If I bought a 2008 with all this data out there then yes, I am stupid.  But no, I would not have invested in this fiasco of a product.  Screw Willie G.  With the stock at $34 he's lost half his money this year.

I always wondered why that MAKE A DONATION button on the page header above is right below the HD stock ticker! Hmmm maybe a conspiracy  :nixweiss:
THE WHOLE WORLD NEEDS A DRINK

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 06:19:50 PM »

Well i just left dealer and they finally had the torque plates to check my new cly's and they were off and out of spec and need at least bored .010 over to straighten. The motor man there said thats why he wouldn't assemble my motor till he had the torque plates. Maybee it's thats not a wide spread problem either.Just be careful when you get new cly's guys.RIDE SAFE JDO

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 06:41:44 PM »

Well i just left dealer and they finally had the torque plates to check my new cly's and they were off and out of spec and need at least bored .010 over to straighten. The motor man there said thats why he wouldn't assemble my motor till he had the torque plates. Maybee it's thats not a wide spread problem either.Just be careful when you get new cly's guys.RIDE SAFE JDO

Maybe there is no Chinese translation for the word "QUALITY"  not chop chop!

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 06:57:38 PM »

Take your BS and your w.....ty and stick it where the sun don't shine!!!

Howie would that be for an unlimited 2 years or till the stock 110" freeze over ?  :bananarock:

:drink:
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 07:29:39 PM »

From the ones I have seen over the years EVO on there all out of spec .004 taper or more in every one we ever checked, was told Harley does that to keep them from galding up on break in and people runing to hot or lean. Oh well I just bore my own, usually .001 to .0015 front and .00175 rear and straight down the hole.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 07:39:19 PM »

When your name is on the door it's got to be difficult to be anything other then a CP.  Willie G. has just gotten so embarassingly bad at it the last few years.  Some of the stuff he spouts would be humorous it it wasn't at the literal and/or figurative expense of those of us that buy and ride the bikes.

Hotrodracer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 10:52:02 PM »

When I got ready to buy an U/C I went looking for an 06 with a 103.  Only took me a week to find a 06 UCSE with only 3975 miles on her. Best thing I could have done.  Not one problem so far.
Let's Ride

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 11:34:15 PM »

When I got ready to buy an U/C I went looking for an 06 with a 103.  Only took me a week to find a 06 UCSE with only 3975 miles on her. Best thing I could have done.  Not one problem so far.

Took a little longer to find my SERG but haven't found a 110 that I can't pull all the way to triple digits with. This is also the first Harley I have ever purchased used and can thank this website for guiding my decision. Until Willle comes out with a liquid cooled bagger, I'm not interested in purchasing another new HD ever.  Doc

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 11:36:07 PM »

Took a little longer to find my SERG but haven't found a 110 that I can't pull all the way to triple digits with. This is also the first Harley I have ever purchased used and can thank this website for guiding my decision. Until Willle comes out with a liquid cooled bagger, I'm not interested in purchasing another new HD ever.  Doc

What he said.  Red SEEG and Red SERG; will travel.  For a long long time.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 11:44:13 PM »

Too much red stuff is good, triple red is best.  :2vrolijk_21:  Doc

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 11:50:14 PM »

Me three.  (Three mis-matched, non-color-coordinated, old, decrepit, out-of-production junkers, that is! :o ;D :2vrolijk_21:)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008, 12:02:39 AM »

Me three.  (Three mis-matched, non-color-coordinated, old, decrepit, out-of-production junkers, that is! :o ;D :2vrolijk_21:)

Its a red disease, your better off avoiding if you can. Doc
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 12:06:16 AM by grandpadoc »

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2008, 04:32:20 AM »

What's your favourite colour? ;D ;D

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2008, 04:34:50 AM »

Twolane and Grandpa. I guess the color Red is not all that bad. Till you go to work for almost 27 years and wash a RED TRUCK everyday!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2008, 07:03:01 AM »

Twolane and Grandpa. I guess the color Red is not all that bad. Till you go to work for almost 27 years and wash a RED TRUCK everyday!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
Exactly!!!! Nothing against red, but I couldn't own one either. :no:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2008, 07:16:49 AM »

DOOD you are right nothing against RED but I got to say I LOVE OLE PUNKIN!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2008, 07:57:11 AM »

You can send those non-color-coordinated, old, decrepid, out-of-production junkers out my way anytime Bro.   :P

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

efrbc1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2008, 12:16:51 PM »

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Mine have always been white ones (25 years)!!

Chris
2003 Special Edition Firefighter Road King
2005 Cherry Screamin Eagle Electra Glide
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 21 queries.