Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Belt tension/Chrome swingarm  (Read 4470 times)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
Re: Belt tension/Chrome swingarm
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 09:19:46 PM »

Went fishing for pacific sailfish and checked into setting up fishing/riding trips. I want to take groups of people there to fish for a couple of days and then go riding in the country.

Do not mean to steal the thread but how did the trip go?  Got some pics to post on another thread?

hogasm

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 09:48:12 AM »

Do not mean to steal the thread but how did the trip go?  Got some pics to post on another thread?

I need to get on the stick.

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 09:55:48 AM »

i was having the same problem. the axle adjuster cams have quite a bit of play in them. the secret is to get the belt set and torque the cone nut while making sure that axle nut on the other side does not turn at all. its easy with two people. the amount of play will make it appear that the cam has not moved ( i marked mine ) but if the axle nut moves then it will loosen up-good luck :bananarock:

hogasm

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 10:48:59 AM »

i was having the same problem. the axle adjuster cams have quite a bit of play in them. the secret is to get the belt set and torque the cone nut while making sure that axle nut on the other side does not turn at all. its easy with two people. the amount of play will make it appear that the cam has not moved ( i marked mine ) but if the axle nut moves then it will loosen up-good luck :bananarock:

I have tightened the axle nut with the tire both on and off the table. Definately holding the solid axle nut while tightening the cone nut. I believe that the chrome is causing the axle to move on its axis. Have checked the torque on the axle and it has not changed.

I did not grind the chrome completely off the swingarm and adjuster cam, but I did make the surface rough. If this does not work then I will grind off the the chrome from the adjuster nut completely and try again.

If that does not work, then I will try another axle with no chrome.......then back to the stock swing arm.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 22 queries.