Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: New Triple Red SERG in Joplin, MO  (Read 7496 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: New Triple Red SERG in Joplin, MO
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 11:14:08 PM »

Welcome from SoCal. Triple red seems to be the hot color and the only one with a painted inner fairing, color matching seat, and soft covers on the lowers. All this amounts to you having the rarest of the rarest CVO.  :2vrolijk_21:  Doc

About that seat....   Looks cool.  Less (ful)filling.  I hope I get used to it.  Otherwise it might have to be stored for something more rideable.  A little concerned about what it might be like about two tank fulls in to a four or five tank day.

route66rider

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 11:15:07 PM »

Well thanks for the welcome from everybody, all over the US and the World. I have read all the replies and this seems like a very friendly group. Can't wait to get the bike and give it a good 900 mile ride right off the bat. I have been riding a 95 Ultra Classic Tour Glide for the last 4 years and I really like the frame mounted fairing. My wife has a Ultra Classic EG and so do all my riding buddies, so I have tried them all out and I just like the frame mounted fairing better. I was looking at a new RG and decided that the SERG is more what I wanted since it already has items like lower fairings and tour pak.
I have been riding since 1977 (thats when my first kid was born and I couldn't afford 2 cars) but My first Harley was about 5 years ago, don't know what took so long. Maybe the cost of raising kids?
I may be asking lots of questions, but I will search the archives first. So look for me on other threads.
David

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 11:23:59 PM »

About that seat....   Looks cool.  Less (ful)filling.  I hope I get used to it.  Otherwise it might have to be stored for something more rideable.  A little concerned about what it might be like about two tank fulls in to a four or five tank day.

Twolane, Your right about that seat, we use a Mustang "Pillow Look with Buttons" most of the time. You asked about the detachable backrests and yes they are solid black. Doc
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 11:26:47 PM by grandpadoc »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2008, 11:24:33 PM »

Do you know yet when you're going to Michigan after the bike David?  If we can arrange it give a call somewhere around Lebanon and we'll try to get Hobo and Scooter on their blue ones and me on the red all together in Springfield as you parade home.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2008, 11:26:03 PM »

Twolane, Your right about that seat, we use a Mustang "Pillow Look with Buttons" most of the time. You asked about the detacable backrests and yes they are solid black. Doc

That's what I'm finding more and more Doc.  Longest ride so far has only been very short.  75 miles or so.  If that's any indication this thing will never be an all day seat though.  Oh well.... :nixweiss:

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2008, 11:31:11 PM »

That's what I'm finding more and more Doc.  Longest ride so far has only been very short.  75 miles or so.  If that's any indication this thing will never be an all day seat though.  Oh well.... :nixweiss:

I don't know if I told you that the Mustang moves you about inch or two closer for a better riding position and gives the passenger a lot more room. If I'm solo the stock one goes back on cause it looks cool.  Doc

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2008, 11:35:57 PM »

I don't know if I told you that the Mustang moves you about inch or two closer for a better riding position and gives the passenger a lot more room. If I'm solo the stock one goes back on cause it looks cool.  Doc

Don't think I'd want the Mustang then.  The stock seat is very good for leg position with the backrest off.  But I'm a bit too far from the bars. 

Installing the backrest keeps me a bit closer to the bars.  But makes the legs feel cramped.  A set of those floorboard extender spacers helped with that though. 

What I'm seeing so far is that likely a seat that puts me in the right spot for leg comfort will also end up necessitating a bar change.  It's not as if that's an uncommon combination to dial a bike in to a rider.  So I shouldn't be surprised.  Would just be nice to get one someday that just fits right out of the box.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2008, 12:10:38 AM »

I rode mine all the way from Albuquerque to Dallas ...It was good on the 5th tank as it was number 1 ..I'm going to the Springfield Mile again this year,  labor day weekend....I just may have to stop in at Twolane's place in  Joplin..since it's right on my way and  we'll have three triple red's in Joplin at the same time.... Greg 

By the way.. Don.. I thought you'd really like this picture...Even though you beat me  to that bike you bought....I got to Sedona FIRST>>>>>>>Greg 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 12:16:32 AM by Texas 103 »
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2008, 06:32:35 AM »

I rode mine all the way from Albuquerque to Dallas ...It was good on the 5th tank as it was number 1 ..I'm going to the Springfield Mile again this year,  labor day weekend....I just may have to stop in at Twolane's place in  Joplin..since it's right on my way and  we'll have three triple red's in Joplin at the same time.... Greg 

By the way.. Don.. I thought you'd really like this picture...Even though you beat me  to that bike you bought....I got to Sedona FIRST>>>>>>>Greg 
Great looking bikes. 

Jealous about the Sedona pic.  I am so sorry I won't be getting my pic this year. 

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2008, 10:45:56 AM »

Your right, the only one complaining about the seat is my wife. That's the way a SERG should look, no damn pillow look with buttons or rear floor boards. :2vrolijk_21:  Doc

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2008, 10:49:28 AM »

That'd be great Greg.  We'll definitely try to round up the new guy to score a tri-red threesome.

The Sedona pic was a good one.  I'm not complaining at all about scoring mine an hour from home that enabled free one afternoon delivery via my own trailer.  But I certainly did miss a ride home with it.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2008, 10:52:24 AM »

Your right, the only one complaining about the seat is my wife. That's the way a SERG should look, no damn pillow look with buttons or rear floor boards. :2vrolijk_21:  Doc

Doc, there are pictures here somewhere of a red SERG that someone had had a Corbin built for.  They used reds and some interesting stitching to make what I think I remember to be a nice looking seat.

Screw it... Hang on a sec and I'll try to find them.....

Ok, here goes.  It's a striking first impression.  I'd do a couple things a little different.  Might even shoot for a bit more subtle.  But it's a striking combination.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2008, 10:58:47 AM »

Are those lights under the passenger floor boards? :confused5:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2008, 11:05:08 AM »

Are those lights under the passenger floor boards? :confused5:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

There'd been a lot done to that bike.  Air horn, lots of motor work, many other things.  I only ever paid attention to the seat though.  I like it.  I'd like it a lot better if the bright red welt cord was a darker tone so it didn't jump out at you so strongly.  It needs to blend in more.

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2008, 11:07:51 AM »

Do you know yet when you're going to Michigan after the bike David?  If we can arrange it give a call somewhere around Lebanon and we'll try to get Hobo and Scooter on their blue ones and me on the red all together in Springfield as you parade home.

Sounds like a great idea, let me know when and if I'm not working (maybe even if I am), I'll meet you guys.

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 21 queries.