Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Circuit City causes damage on GPS install  (Read 1303 times)

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Circuit City causes damage on GPS install
« on: April 01, 2008, 09:30:30 AM »

Take a look at this article, it states that a Circuit City installer caused $12,000 worth of damage to a car trying to install a GPS system.
They are also refusing to pay for the damage and a dealership trying to fix the car states it's now a fire hazard due to wiring damage.

http://www.switched.com/2008/03/31/circuit-city-botches-gps-install-12k-in-damages-wont-pay-up/

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Circuit City causes damage on GPS install
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 09:39:58 AM »

Those stores should be illeagal....I ahve not been in one in several years after trying to buy something there once.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 09:50:37 AM »

CC installed a stereo in my son's car a few years back.  Screwed it up badly - would not make it right even though it was obviously their problem.  Don't do business there myself due to another issue on a restocking fee for a computer that never worked.  Returned later the same day & got the fee refunded after a BIG hassle.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 09:54:18 AM »

They apparently suck from coast to coast....Did I say they suck...I wouldn't but a floppy disc from those assrims...

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 11:55:44 AM »

I would be extremely careful with "ANY" installers unless you have good references before hand and know the installer is the same one that did work for the referer.

We see this type of Harlie Fox often in our shop and the manufacturer is obviously not going to warranty any wiring issues that were done improperly. 

The other issue is on many models the type wiring that was done on that Honda potentially would cause issue with other systems in the car than just the audio.

Buyer Beware is the word of the day on these issues.

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.