Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 1 in. lowering kit  (Read 1756 times)

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
1 in. lowering kit
« on: April 05, 2008, 04:52:07 PM »

will a 1 in. rear lowering kit fit on my 04 seeg , or will that cause me problems :nixweiss:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: 1 in. lowering kit
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 04:54:25 PM »

will a 1 in. rear lowering kit fit on my 04 seeg , or will that cause me problems :nixweiss:

The SEEGs are already lowered one inch coming out of the factory. Probably not a good idea to try to go any lower or you'll wind up shredding the wiring harness inside the rear fender.

:indian_chief:

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 01:22:05 PM »

the 04's are lowered by the 3/4 in. shorter shocks, i was wondering if i could  also add  a 1 in. lowering kit to the shorter shocks ,....anyone  ever tried this?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 01:41:50 PM »

the 04's are lowered by the 3/4 in. shorter shocks, i was wondering if i could  also add  a 1 in. lowering kit to the shorter shocks ,....anyone  ever tried this?

As Chief mentioned, your bike is already lowered almost an inch (if not a full inch).  If you lower it another inch, ESPECIALLY IF YOU KEEP THE STOCK SHOCKS, you are just asking for problems with the rear tire eating up the wiring harness that runs inside your rear fender.  Even with the best aftermarket shocks, you are still going to bottom out occasionally.

If you are thinking about this because of your inseam, and having trouble touching the ground, I would explore other options such as a fully adjustable air suspension like Legends Air Ride.  If you're doing it for looks, I'd rethink that.  But, it's your bike, and if that's what you want to do, go for it.  Just keep the shocks from compressing much, which is going to make it ride like a hardtail.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 03:21:35 PM »

yep - tried to lower an 04 SEEG with a 1" lowering kit - doesn't work..  Bottomed out on the fender on every bump.  I did one test drive of about a quarter of a mile and removed the kit...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 09:34:17 PM »

thanks for  the info :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 10:12:55 PM »

You might shoot a PM to Jonga.  He rides a Street Glide that has SEEG shocks on it and a lowering kit.  He did say that he had to relocate his wiring harness to the inside of the fender from the top inside of the fender.  His bike sits really low in the back. 

Take a look at the photos of his bike in this thread (Jon is pretty short)....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=21811.0
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 06:06:09 PM »

Shooooooooot,
    I wanna raise mine,  can't afford to keep replacing all the sh$t I scrape off in the twisties.  Does HD make a RAISING KIT???????

_Beags :cherry:
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 06:10:13 PM »

Shooooooooot,
    I wanna raise mine,  can't afford to keep replacing all the sh$t I scrape off in the twisties.  Does HD make a RAISING KIT???????

You have a 2004 SEEG with the 1" lower rear shocks, right?  I have a brand new never ridden stock full height 2007 SEUC air shocks hanging on a peg in the garage...    ??? ::) ;)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 07:24:36 PM »

I have a '05 Cherry bomb,  1" lowered front and back.  If I raise the a$$ end,  I have to raise the front end (thanks for the offer though {and just for handling purpose}).  This ain't no '63 Chevy with twice pipes and dual quads mang.  Point is that even at 1" lowered,  it's low enough to the point that when I'm hav'n the most fun,  I'm scraping stuff.  Why lower it more????  If you want the low look,  bite the bullet and do the air ride setup or change the rear fender....maybe a bit wider and longer to the bottom (make one of those optical contusions).  You can make the same "contusion" (as long as you're tall enough to touch the ground) by keeping the 1" lowered rear,  and adding a 1/2" to 1"spring or spacer to the front end without any major issues (other than a small change in the motor oil in the case riding back a little).  Remember,  no one walks around with a tape measure........measuring the height of your fender to mine...... to 2Ln's.......It's all an illusion (I've been in the imaging business for 15 years.....smoke and mirrors).

Now,  if you need it lower because you can't touch,  there are seats that are cut narrow in the thigh that will help.  You can also get boots with a larger heel (no joke...had a roomate that was 5'1" and wanted to ride.......got him a lowrider,  Mustang seat, and BIG FREAKIN' BOOTS!!!).

Just tryin' to hep.

What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 07:40:34 PM »

I have a '05 Cherry bomb,  1" lowered front and back.  If I raise the a$$ end,  I have to raise the front end (thanks for the offer though {and just for handling purpose}).  This ain't no '63 Chevy with twice pipes and dual quads mang.  Point is that even at 1" lowered,  it's low enough to the point that when I'm hav'n the most fun,  I'm scraping stuff.  Why lower it more????  If you want the low look,  bite the bullet and do the air ride setup or change the rear fender....maybe a bit wider and longer to the bottom (make one of those optical contusions).  You can make the same "contusion" (as long as you're tall enough to touch the ground) by keeping the 1" lowered rear,  and adding a 1/2" to 1"spring or spacer to the front end without any major issues (other than a small change in the motor oil in the case riding back a little).  Remember,  no one walks around with a tape measure........measuring the height of your fender to mine...... to 2Ln's.......It's all an illusion (I've been in the imaging business for 15 years.....smoke and mirrors).

Now,  if you need it lower because you can't touch,  there are seats that are cut narrow in the thigh that will help.  You can also get boots with a larger heel (no joke...had a roomate that was 5'1" and wanted to ride.......got him a lowrider,  Mustang seat, and BIG FREAKIN' BOOTS!!!).

Just tryin' to hep.

Sounds like a job for Traxxion Matt. They can install a standard height AK-20 cartridge bringing the front up to standard height. Then you can use the 13" shocks or the 330mm bitubo shocks from Traxxion. That's how I raised my SERK. And you damn well won't be disappointed in the improved handling! It'll cost ya just over 2 grand to do both from Traxxion. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.