Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: Friend dies on Santa Cruz run, 3 injured.  (Read 12865 times)

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
Friend dies on Santa Cruz run, 3 injured.
« on: April 13, 2008, 04:50:33 AM »

What was one of the best rides I have been on in a long time, ended in tradegy earlier this evening in Los Gatos, 12 of my friends (9 bikes) started out in san Lorenzo, went across the San Mateo bridge Half Moon Bay, up thru Shyline blvd, ate breakfast at Alice's restaurant, went to the beach, then on down to santa Cruz highway 1. Corndogs at the wharf, stopped at HD santa cruz, we took our time the entire way there, was nice not to rush to the next stop. one of the guys decided it was time to buy a full face helmut while at HD dealership, and chuck the skid lid. I tried to talk him outta of it, telling him , my good friend Jim can sell him one for a couple hundred less, if he would wait till we got back to town, he said , he wanted one for the ride back, this is a guy who has worn a skid lid since ive known him. we went back on highway 17, the 3 bikes behind me, didnt see the traffic slowing (Im guessing here), I hit my brakes lights a few times to warn anyone behind me, and looked in my rearview to make sure no one was on my ass, and one of them locked it up at maybe 60MPH, sideways,  he slid into his cousin who was 2 up with his wife, they both got sideways, and the bikes and the riders all went tumbling and bounching repeaterly,  George, the guy who bought the fullface just 15 minutes or so ago, went into the wall, his bike flipping and landing on the legs of jesse's wife. Phil wound up in the other lane, getting run over by a van, we didnt know this at first, that he was run over , I got to Jesse, and Jesse's wife first, pulled the bike off from her, she was in bad shape, out cold, and broken leg and arm, and blood everywhere, Jesse was not as  injured, but only cared about his wife, I went to Phil,  i couldnt understand why he looked so bad, he wasnt breathing, had severe head trama, and when I tried to turn his head to clear the blood form his airways, I realized how bad he was, i wanted to try CPR, and started too,  but it felt like he was all busted up in his chest,  I made the decision that I might do more harm than good, I didnt know if I would actually push a rib thru his heart or something, I cant begin to explain how helpless and powerless I felt, Im not sure anything I could of tried or done would of mattered, Im still really mind screwing myself for what I didnt do, or couldnt do. He died before the paramedics arrived, which was very fast, they pulled up opposite side of the freeway. The tried to revive him, but no use. They concentrated on jesse's wife, Pennelipy, forgive my poor spelling. She was in surgery as of a little while ago, she is expected to be OK, but that is the first prognosis. Everyone went to the hospital except for myself and another friend, we stayed with Phil, took care of speaking to the coroner and we left when they finnially took him. I had to stay, I hope I am not ever left alone on the road like that, i would want a friend to stay, he was my brother. I didnt want him to be alone, when none of his family couldnt be there, not like this. Its still not sinking in seeing him under a yellow plastic tarp, I mean, for gods sake!! is that the best they can do for you?, Plastic??, Watching people go by and stare for like 2 hours after hes dead, and saying things, chitty things cause they had to wait to get to where they were they were going?, I hope none of you ever have to experience this, I hope i never do again, Phil just had a kid 11 months ago, I feel so bad for his family, I cant imagine my wife getting a call that I was just killed like this, and what they would have to go thru. I really needed to get this out. This is one the worst f*ckin days and yet, I was luckiy I didnt also get taken out, man, Im sorry that this is the first post that Ive made since leaving a long time ago, I miss you guys, I still read the forum all the time.  please dont wear skid lids. Georges brand new fullface, is toast, but his face and head are intact, he's in the hospital, but alive.  Also, prayers please for Jesses wife, Phil, and Phils wife, baby, and family. Phils and jesse's uncle Frank (or Jeses's brother?) again, forgive me if My facts arent exactly accurate, died along with his wife on last years Sturgious run, Phil was wearing his Uncle that died helmut that  and it was not DOT approved. Thanks for letting me vent here, Its 2 am, and I needed to talk to someone about it. take care bro's

Donations can be made to:

'Felipe Loza Memorial Fund'
15867 Corte Mariana
San Lorenzo, Ca. 94580

Or a direct deposit can be made at any B of A branch under the memorial fund name

Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 07:38:22 PM by Cigarmike »
You will get no more Respect than you are willing to give.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: Friend dies on Santa Cruz run, 3 injured.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 06:23:28 AM »

Mike, we are very sorry for the trauma you have endured.  Sorry for the family and friends of your lost friend and prayers being said for the full recovery of those injured.  The mental anguish you are enduring is natural and hard.  Get help.  Talk it out anywhere anytime, if here, I for one, am more than happy to listen.

Glad to see you here, you've been missed.  Come anytime for condolences, we love you man.

What a horrible and senseless tragedy.  It just can never be explained. 

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 07:37:00 AM »

Mike, we are very sorry for the trauma you have endured.  Sorry for the family and friends of your lost friend and prayers being said for the full recovery of those injured.  The mental anguish you are enduring is natural and hard.  Get help.  Talk it out anywhere anytime, if here, I for one, am more than happy to listen.

Glad to see you here, you've been missed.  Come anytime for condolences, we love you man.

What a horrible and senseless tragedy.  It just can never be explained. 

nothing much to add here, only agree. get yourself some company mike, its gonna hurt real bad for awhile. get a friendly shoulder and keep it around for support.

praying for ya and crying with ya man.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 07:49:30 AM »

Mike,
So sorry to hear about this. My condolences, thoughts and prayers go out to you, friends, and Phil's family.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 07:57:21 AM »

Mike,

I am so very sorry to hear this devastating news.  My condolenses to Phil's family and to everyone involved.  You and your friends experienced something tramatic last evening...spend time with friends and fanily...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 08:04:39 AM by sadunbar »
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 07:59:13 AM »

Mike,

Reading your story saddens my heart. We'll keep everyone involved in out thoughts and prayers.

:indian_chief:

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 08:00:11 AM »

DAMN after reading this I was numb. I have been a Firefighter/ EMT/ IP for as long as I can remember. Mike there was not much you could do. I have been in your position before. It sucks to have the training and feel so helpless.

I cannot Begin to tell you how sorry I am for you and all of your friends. My deepest condolences to you and everyone else involved.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 08:43:44 AM »

Ditto what everyone has said.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 09:04:33 AM »

Same here as above. My thoughts and prayers to the surviving and departed.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 09:16:42 AM »

My thoughts are also with you, Phil, your families, and everyone else involved.

It’s difficult to find a silver lining in tragedies such as this, but something that has helped me is to find even just one positive, regardless of how small it may seem in comparison.

Phil was doing something he loved doing when he died, he would be honored to know that a friend as dedicated and caring as you remained with him when he needed you the most.

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 09:28:25 AM »

Mike,
I feel your pain and pray for the family of your friend. You describe your experience clearly and based on what you said there doesn't sound like there were too many choices for you and you chose the best available in caring for the friends that have the best chances. The pain will subside over time the memories of the night will get processed and talking about it is the best way I know to put things in perspective. Respect your bro's memory and support the family and all those things will speed your own healing. The hurt in your gut will get better-talk it out and give it time!

Stay in touch with your CVO family for our support!

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 09:53:30 AM »

I just decided to buy a full-face helmet.  OMG I don't even know what to say.  I can't imagine what you must be going through.  Vent, vent and vent some more.  That is what we are here for.  My prayers are with you.

~V
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 10:13:58 AM »

Mike,

I'm sorry for your loss, and you did what you could.  You know that I'm a phone call away if you want to talk, and you have a lot of supporters on this site.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 10:22:23 AM by erniezap »
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 10:59:06 AM »

Can we get a group hug here? Mike, we've only met once and it feels like your heart is in my hands. There is nothing I can do, but I want to do something. This hurts badly, and please know that you are not without support if needed. Wow, this hurts.

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 11:09:47 AM »

Wow, very sorry for the long un-paragraphed post last night, I had just gotten back from this nightmare, threw down a few shots and then posted. Thank you everyone for your prayers for all the riders that went down and their families, I am OK, I couldnt cry at all yesterday, I was just numb, I couldnt cry untill I re-read my post this morning, It didnt seem like I was one of the persons involved in that story for some strange reason, I shed tears for Phil and his family, I am still numb, but am OK. Thanks again for being here and understanding.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 11:17:23 AM »

I'm terribly sorry to hear this, and of the loss of your friend's life. My thoughts go out to his family, to the others that were injured, and to you and all their friends. Not much more I can say unfortunately. It could have been any one of us on any given day. We all ride more carefully every time we hear something like this. Another damn shame! :(

Hoist! 8)

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 11:58:31 AM »

Kind thoughts going your way.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2008, 12:14:08 PM »

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_8905894

They say 2 injured, it was 3. I just watched the report on channel 11, so surreal. I hope his family doesn't see the camera shots they took
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 12:17:46 PM by Cigarmike »

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2008, 12:39:12 PM »

As in war... the first casualty in the media is the truth.

It's a sad statement when ones life is reduced to what ammounts to a couple of lines in the local newspaper.

Thanks for sharring.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2008, 12:41:59 PM »

Mike...so very sorry to hear about this.  Talk this out with your friends and those close to you...it will help to ease the pain a little.  We're all here if you need us.

Something was telling your friend to get the full face helmet...that decision by him probably saved his life, so glad he listened to himself...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2008, 01:08:29 PM »

CigarMike I'm very sorry to read about what happened to your friend. I had a similar experiance a few years back. Things over time do improve........ I think about my friend often (everytime I'm on my bike).  Hang in there and be the best support to his family that you can.  2Soaper!

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2008, 01:14:12 PM »

Cigarmike,

So sorry to hear of this tragic story, know that they are with God now. I will pray for the others, and for you as well. God bless you and yours...

Flyndyna
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2008, 01:27:53 PM »

http://losgatosobserver.com/los-gatos/Article.php?article_id=0817

Unreal man, just unreal, I feel I need to post this, so we all know to always be on the defense.
I almost call AK Andy to come get my bike, I didnt think I would be able to ride home. I seriously hope his family does not see these pics.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 01:29:33 PM by Cigarmike »

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2008, 01:35:35 PM »

Wow, very sorry for the long un-paragraphed post last night, I had just gotten back from this nightmare, threw down a few shots and then posted. Thank you everyone for your prayers for all the riders that went down and their families, I am OK, I couldnt cry at all yesterday, I was just numb, I couldnt cry untill I re-read my post this morning, It didnt seem like I was one of the persons involved in that story for some strange reason, I shed tears for Phil and his family, I am still numb, but am OK. Thanks again for being here and understanding.

CigarMike,
absolutely nothing to be sorry about-the important thing is to talk it out here and with your bros in San Jose. While it won't make any sense now-everything happens for a reason-somewhere--somehow--something positive will come from the pain and loss-it will be very tough to look for that and when you find that thing it will somehow be a relief-thank God it could have been worse.

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

LabRat

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SECU Copper Canyon
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2008, 03:19:26 PM »

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you, Phil's family and everyone else involved on this sad day.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2008, 08:13:05 PM »

http://losgatosobserver.com/los-gatos/Article.php?article_id=0817

Unreal man, just unreal, I feel I need to post this, so we all know to always be on the defense.
I almost call AK Andy to come get my bike, I didnt think I would be able to ride home. I seriously hope his family does not see these pics.

Mike, wow, that's exactly what I was thinking reading through the posts.  I wish I could offer a hug.  Survivors guilt is real and understandable.  You did everything you could and God will take care of the rest.  I'm praying for you and your friends.  Thanks for sharing.  It makes us all a bit more cautious.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2008, 09:16:42 PM »

Simply beyond words......like Jim said it makes us all more careful hopefully.
We are all thinking and praying for you and the family. 

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2008, 09:53:06 PM »

Mike,

You have my # if you need to talk. 

Here's my email to the Observer...

I think that it absolutely sucks that you would publish sensationalist photos of the body under the tarp.  How would you feel if you were that person's family? 

In addition, the article centers more around the traffic tie-up than the father of an 11 month old losing his life.  It's pathetic!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2008, 11:07:23 PM »

Mike, I am in shock after reading your post. I am so very sorry to hear about the tragic loss of Phil's life, the injuries of Pennelope, Jesse and George. I can't imagine mental pain that you are experiencing after living through the nightmare accident. I hope that I will never experience your pain firsthand. I will pray that you are comforted and that in time, you will have the strength to overcome the sorrow of your loss.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2008, 11:13:52 PM »

Its been a tough day and night... I got the call yesterday afternoon after the accident and have not been able to post about it. I built Jessie's bike for him and have done lots of work on both his and Phil's bike's. Its really sad that this happened, Phil is a great person and will be missed by many. Can't say much else right now......:(

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2008, 11:34:31 PM »

Mike, I just got home from a trip to Death Valley and read this.

I know there's not a whole lot that anybody can say that will make it any easier.  Just know that I've said a prayer for you, those involved and all that this terrable tragedy have touched.

All of us know the risks we take when we ride and those of us from Nor Cal know what Hwy.17 is like (back east they have one kind of similar, Tail of the Dragon) and while we all like riding that Hwy. it has increased risks.  Mike, you did what you could.  I just pray that it never happens to you or anybody else from this site!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 04:28:17 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2008, 12:19:48 AM »

Mike,
Man I am so damn sorry to hear that this horrible accident involved someone I know. I head the news on the radio, and my thoughts were that first I hope it's no one I know of, and second how many lives that road has claimed over the years, especially bikers. Every time I hear one of those announcements, I get knots in my stomach and dread hearing the details.

Your bro and his wife were fortunate you were there for them, and you clearly did all you could under the circumstances. The local radio and traffic reports did not cover the real tragedy of the loss of father and husband. Just that the traffic was tied up due to a motorcycle accident involving serious injuries, and an apparent fatality. What a sad day it was.

My condolences in the loss of your friend, and I hope the rest pull though. As Andy, JC and Jim said, us locals are here for you if you need us.
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

hossdog

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2008, 12:53:19 AM »

Mike, it seems like in this situation saying " I'm sorry " for the loss of your buddy Phil isn't enough. Your in my thoughts and You,Pennelope,Jesse and George are at the top of my prayer list. Hossdog
Jesus loves bikers too !

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2008, 12:59:53 AM »

Mike,

I am so sorry to read about the loss of a friend. Please do NOT beat yourself up about this. Your friend would not have wanted you to. Love him, miss him, pray for him and his family, but don't blame yourself.

God Bless.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2008, 08:04:34 AM »

My deepest condolences...

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2008, 09:18:54 AM »

Very sorry for that tragedy....it was terrible.....My prayers are with all of them....... :'(

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2008, 09:34:50 AM »

Mike,

You have my # if you need to talk. 

Here's my email to the Observer...

I think that it absolutely sucks that you would publish sensationalist photos of the body under the tarp.  How would you feel if you were that person's family? 

In addition, the article centers more around the traffic tie-up than the father of an 11 month old losing his life.  It's pathetic!

Their reply...

I'm very sorry that Mr. Loza died, and saddened by the accident. My condolences to his friends and family, and I hope the injured people recover quickly. I'm sorry that tragedies such as this are newsworthy, but I don't blame you for being angry.

2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2008, 09:58:18 AM »

Ernie, thank you for the support< and everyone , I tried to call you yesterday, but just couldnt pick up the phone. Im OK, still stunned a little, I got a call from Jim last night, there is much pain over this, I really feel for his family and all of our friends and mutual friends, Jim will validate the following I'm sure: Phil was such a great guy, well liked by everyone and just a good person, he didnt deserve to go out so young. Im still asking god right now, "why him and not me?" I talked to Jesse, I feel the pain in his voice. His family has suffered much these last couple years.

We will be setting up a fund to help the family with expence's etc., when I get the bank info on where donations can be sent, I'd like to post it here if its OK with admin.?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 10:45:52 AM by Cigarmike »

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2008, 11:07:57 AM »

Mike,

Count me in on the donation and it shouldn't be a problem whatsoever to post a donation thread for something like this.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2008, 11:30:03 AM »

Mike- As you know i,ve been there when a friends son crashed and died on 280....Happened right in front of me... Highway 17 is unforgiving I,m back and forth a lot and always respect how fast things can happen.....Give me a call if you need to vent---AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

IslandUltra

• IslandUltra
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2008, 12:58:57 PM »

I just want to express my condolences to you, your friends, their friends and families.  This was truly a terrible occurence.  I am glad you were their and unhurt to lend all the aid you could.  I can't think of any words to make you feel better but I hope you know other people with a common bond do care.

Jim

cremebrulee

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2008, 01:16:39 PM »

My sympathy to all of the friends and family of a fine man.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2008, 04:13:56 PM »

Cigarmike,
I believe you just lived through the nightmare that all of us pray to God that we will never have to.  It is devastating enough to read and weep with a brother that we have not even met, :( let alone to be there and experience it from the proverbial front row.  Virtual hugs and support are being sent from everyone here on the site and you will be in my thoughts from across the pond. 

God Bless you and all who have to endure this tragedy.

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2008, 09:23:26 PM »

Donations much needed and appreciated.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 07:41:44 PM by Cigarmike »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2008, 09:27:25 PM »

Mike,
It might help to add your above post to the original post in this thread also. That way it'll be seen if someone just opens the thread and not view all the posts. Again sorry for this tragedy and let us know if we can do anything else for you or those involved.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2008, 09:46:21 PM »

Heres a pic of Penelope, Jesse, and Felipe (Phil)
More pictures can be seen at

http://www.peacemakermc.com/

and you are welcome to post to his friends and family there

Again, thanks everyone
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 09:48:52 PM by Cigarmike »

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2008, 09:55:39 PM »

Really sorry for your loss, It is one of my demons that something like this would happen to one of our group......I cannot imagine what you are going through, but pray for the survivors to be able to make it through this very difficult time......

God bless and have Mercy
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2008, 10:29:41 AM »

CM,
Sorry for your loss. I am still devastated by the loss of my friend Rich Green (in other post) who died of natural causes and we buried yesterday.  I cannot even imagine what it must be like to see a friend hurt like that and hold them during their last moments.  I only have images of my buddie laughing and riding, but you have images no one should ever have to witness.  Thanks for being there for him and I'm sure you will be there for the family as that's all we can do now. I was fortunate to ride those roads last fall with AK and Ernie and visit Alice's.  You are in great hands with those guys and Jim as well. 
Prayers to Phil and especially the injured.

God Bless.

Phil
Any day on the bike is a good day.

sanjoseduke

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2008, 10:40:32 AM »

Mike

I am truly saddened by the news and can’t begin to feel the pain you and his family and friends must have. Sunday was such a gorgeous day here in the bay area I think every biker besides myself were out riding somewhere. I also heard the news on the radio on Sunday afternoon and said to Wanda “I hope it wasn’t anyone I know”.  It seems like every morning you hear the traffic report and there is a biker down somewhere on our bay area freeways. We all know the potential consequences we face when we ride, however a tragedy like this falls too close to home. I know for sure this will be in my mind every time I ride.
My thoughts and prayers are dedicated to everyone who suffers his loss.
Mike feel free to call me anytime day or night.

Duke
13 FLHTCUSE8

Retired & Loving it!

johnlee

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2008, 11:16:28 AM »

Our deepest symphathy to the family and friends for the loss of a loved one. My wife and I both will have in our thoughts his memory.
John and Mary

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2008, 12:47:03 PM »

Mike,
No words can express the sorrow felt over this accident and the loss.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and the families.

Rog

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2008, 04:35:01 PM »

This just seems to get worse and worse, it turns out that a Nieghbor of mine, who also is my friend and a sub-contractor I use for a long time, is the cousin of both Jesse, and Phil. i didnt know this untill just now,  They just buried his 15 year old nephew who was shot a couple weeks ago. 5 deaths in last year for this family he told me.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2008, 01:38:21 AM »

I'm feeling really sad tonight, I have done many crash repairs over the years but this one is the first on peoples bikes that I consider more than just customers, these are friends. Jessie's and Felipe's bikes are at my shop now thanks to Mike and others for getting them out of the tow yard as soon as they were released by the CHP. This saved the families alot of monies for storage.

Mike, you need to be commended on all that you are doing for the families. You're a good man!

BANDANAGIRL

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • LIVE LAUGH RIDE

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG Cherry Sold
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG Orange Sold, 2005 SEEG Teal Sold, 2005 SEEG Banana Sold
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2008, 11:23:21 AM »

Mike

You and the families are in our thoughts and prayers.

Don And Suzanne

2006 Cripplecreek, Co.
                     2008 Sedona, Az.
                     2009 HoodRiver, Or.
                     2010   Pala, Ca.
                     2010 New River , Wv.
                     2011 Lake Tahoe, NV.
                     2012 Spokane, Wa.
                     2013 Santa Fe, NM.                      2014 Carmel & M.V.

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2008, 11:43:35 AM »

Man, Thanks Jim, but there are many others including you obviously, that are helping, its what we do, and I know you will be one of the first one's to help my family when it is my time, and I would be there for you if you were to beat me to that point.

From the Peacmakers president,  Peacemakersmc.com

JoJo President PEACEMAKER MC
04-16-2008 09:37:18 pm CDT
I wanted to take a minute to thank all of our fellow Brothers, Sisters and Friends for paying respect to the memory of our Brother "Felipe" and our Club. I wanted to extend a personal invitation to all Club Brothers/Sisters and Friends who would like to attend the Funeral. We are planning to meet at Jorges B Street Bar in Hayward at 8 a.m. this Saturday. We will plan on leaving between 8:45 and 9:00a.m. to attend the Services. You can view the address of the Funeral Home for the viewing this Friday and Church information for Saturday on the "Events Calendar" link on this site. I know Felipe can feel the love each of you are extending to his family and friends. Your words are comforting for us all during this sad time. I hope to meet and extend my hand in respect to each of you in person. Love and Respect. JOJO President PEACEMAKER MC PFFP

From (cigarmike), Anyone that is from our area or wanting to ride with us for Phil one last time from this forum, I just wanted you to know, that I know Phil and his love of riding, would be thrilled to see all the bikes that will be in his honor, many of the local MC clubs are representing, the family friends are also honored and wants to invite you to join, regardless of if you knew him personally or not to ride with Phil on his journey home. Hope to see some CVOharley members there if you can make it, weather you choose to stay for the services or not, all support aned all riders are welcome for the ride there from Hayward to Oakland, and also then on to the cemetery.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2008, 01:05:07 PM »

Mike,

I'd love to attend but I will be in Florida at my niece's wedding.  Contribution is going out today.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

HackNDos

• Junior CVO Member
    • Weather in my neck of the woods
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2008, 01:08:51 PM »

Read this story.  Was told about it from someone from the site. Sad news indeed.  A road even myself I travel quite often.

CigarMike, I myself only a few weeks ago watched my riding buddy go down in front of me.  Not with quite the same results here, I can only sympathize with you for having to see it happen.  

See what I can't do to get up to Hayward this Saturday.

My prayers and thoughts to the family.

(Sidenote: I heard from someone else that this accident was with sports bikes... funny how news gets twisted.)
Paul

--------

You ever stop to think.... and forget to start again?

HackNDos

• Junior CVO Member
    • Weather in my neck of the woods
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2008, 02:59:43 PM »

When I googled for Jorge's B Street Bar all it found was B Street Bar.  I am guessing that this is the correct place. Can anyone confirm this and if this is the proper address:

846 B Street
Hayward, CA  94541

Thanks
Paul

--------

You ever stop to think.... and forget to start again?

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2008, 05:36:37 PM »

When I googled for Jorge's B Street Bar all it found was B Street Bar.  I am guessing that this is the correct place. Can anyone confirm this and if this is the proper address:

846 B Street
Hayward, CA  94541

Thanks

Correct, we may be in the back parking lot, hope to see you there and shake your hand.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2008, 07:25:42 PM »

Mike, you need to be commended on all that you are doing for the families. You're a good man!

Yes, what Jim said above Mike............................my thoughts are with the familes as they're also left with the aftermath.

Have company in town this weekend, but will see what I can do so shake loose Sunday.

Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2008, 09:51:59 AM »

On behalf of the family, Thanks again for all the support. Phil got a lot of respect from many bikers, and MC's, over 230 bikes followed the hearse and family limo, from the church to the cemetary, which is a good distance away from each other. The Oakland Hells Angels, and Oakland Stroke MC did traffic control for us, after being asked by the 2 Oakland PD bike cops, for help. All the Clubs presidents were there, (13 in all) ,  pretty impressive show of support for a new, very small club who lost a member. Im sure Phil is smiling about that. R.I.P. bro
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Page created in 0.307 seconds with 21 queries.