Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: 1999 FXR2 Arresting Red~~> Handle Bar & Front PM Brake Caliper Modification  (Read 25400 times)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE

REDFXR2,

That photo is awesome, captures the hopes and dreams of getting to first base......that's a KODAK MOMENT FOR SURE......

Regards,

Tim

RedFXR2

Yeah, I was just hangin' on the Sportster trying to decide if the chick in the parking lot looked enough like Bonnie Bedelia to try for first base with....

Oh, you're talking about my son. :D :D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 11:15:42 PM by RedFXR2 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member

Oh.....this Bonnie Bedelia

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member

Blaine....

Personally I really like the "look" of how those bars appear on your bike much better....and if I remember right, what's more important, you are personally enjoying the "function" of them as well?

Thanks for posting some photos.....your bike looks AWESOME!!!! and what's best is I don't see ANY "HIGH" water marks either......wheewwww another Hurricane season has nearly passed!!!!

Regards,

Tim

Socalshocker

Re: 1999 FXR2 Arresting Red~~> Handle Bar & Front PM Brake Caliper Modification
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2008, 11:10:38 PM »

FXR2evo99, First of all your bike looks great, along with your friends fxr. And the bars look cool on these bikes. Second (without reading through all of the comments) is it possable that your friends bike turns faster in the corners because of the thin tire up front? When I switched my front tire to the 21in, it seemed like I was riding a totally different bike. It was much faster in the conners. 

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2008, 03:33:09 AM »

FXR2evo99, First of all your bike looks great, along with your friends fxr. And the bars look cool on these bikes. Second (without reading through all of the comments) is it possable that your friends bike turns faster in the corners because of the thin tire up front? When I switched my front tire to the 21in, it seemed like I was riding a totally different bike. It was much faster in the conners. 

Socalshocker....

First of all thanks for your comments.....but let's clear up something first.....in the photo's showing both bikes, my bike is the "Arresting Red FXR2.  My "friend's" bike is the green FXR3.  It was actually my bike that began with the 21" wheel/tire up front as all FXR2's came from the factory this way, while the FXR3's and FXR4's both had 19" wheels/tires respectfully from the factory.

As for the question of whether I personally have found any difference in performance as far as how "fast" my FXR2 enters corners with either the 21" OEM factory wheel/tire vs the 19" wheel/tire, I would have to say the only reflections I have, is that the 19" wheel/tire handles actually better in corners as I have more tire surface in contact while cornering with it vs the 21" wheel/tire and by "better" I am referring to elements of say "stableness", I also have noticed that the 19" wheel/tire provides more "cushion" or "less" road feedback than the "thinner" 21" wheel/tire.  Having run both the 21" wheel/tire and the 19" wheel/tire on my FXR2 I personally have found the 19" an improvement to my riding experience......I also previously owned a 2003 Dyna Low Rider which also came with the 19" front wheel/tire for reference purposes. 

Socalshocker....

Also welcome to the website here.....how did you find the website, (always like asking this question).....which model FXR do you own? 

Regards,

Tim

"FXR2evo99"

« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 03:36:36 AM by FXR2evo99 »

Socalshocker

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2008, 03:10:41 AM »

Thanks for the welcome Tim, I think I found the this site when I was looking for some gearing info on an other Harley site. I followed the link here and noticed that you guys had your own FXR forum. I joined on the spot. Good FXR forums are hard if not impossible to find. As for my bike, it is a 91 FXR superglide with a 2002 wideglide front end. Salutations     Jerry

Socalshocker

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2008, 03:16:01 AM »

2nd pic

Socalshocker

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2008, 03:17:21 AM »

3rd

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2008, 09:48:22 AM »

Jerry, (Socalshocker),

Thanks for sharing, glad you found the website, and you are absolutely right finding a "good" site designated towards the FXR is difficult to find.....glad you found it.....and thanks for sharing a couple of photos of your bike, not sure where you have been so far within the "FXR SECTION", but there are some great people here, I recommend if you haven't taken a "gander" over to the "FXR HISTORY" Thread that you follow that thread through from the beginning, it's sort of a "story line" discussing the "FXR HISTORY", many have shared stories about different bikes and have provided a wealth of good information, it may prove to "frame" the FXR in a more conclusive way....here is a "link "easy" link to the thread, simply place your curser over the address, click your curser, view and read as both your time and interest allow.....

"FXR HISTORY" THREAD:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=25417.0

Another Thread that I would encourage you to "gander" through.....isn't "gander" a great descriptor....lol, anyway this thread is helping to serve the purpose of allowing us as FXR "CVO" Owners as well as FXR Owners of models from 1982-1994 an opportunity to get to know one another and a place to communicate with one another regardless of whether we have a "tech" need, or a "modification" need....and as a result I encourage you to introduce yourself over there if you are comfortable doing.....To keep these bikes on the road our communication with one another will be more and more important to us all....as both parts and time distance trail into yesteryear leaving these bike more and more simply "resting" in either barns or garages......

"FXR CHATTER" THREAD:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=29604.0;all

So welcome, and I for one thank you for taking the time to join, your bike looks awesome, I would enjoy learning about how you discovered your bike and why you purchased it...(over in the "FXR CHATTER" THREAD) and I am sure many others would as well.....

Regards,

Tim

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2008, 08:53:50 PM »

Welcome aboard Socalshocker! Always great having more FXR enthusiasts on hand! This Board is getting busier all the time now! Tim, you been recruiting? ;D

Thanks for joining us Jerry! Enjoy this Great Site!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

elvislee

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2008, 06:15:12 PM »

Bumping this thread up for Phil just in case he hasn't read...Another read for options on handlebars  :2vrolijk_21:

Phil...These bars are the HD 83T bars Tim references that his buddy put on his Fxr3. I really enjoy these; not trying to get ya to get these bars but just to let you see as many options as you can and then go for it  :2vrolijk_21:

Pic #1 of 6
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 06:26:44 PM by elvislee »

elvislee

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2008, 06:21:55 PM »

Pic #2 of 6
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 06:27:03 PM by elvislee »

elvislee

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2008, 06:22:34 PM »

Pic #3 of 6
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 06:27:22 PM by elvislee »

elvislee

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2008, 06:23:25 PM »

Pic #4 of 6
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 06:27:43 PM by elvislee »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.