Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Wouldn't believe it if didn't see it myself  (Read 8381 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Wouldn't believe it if didn't see it myself
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2008, 09:04:58 PM »

I can say all of the above, with fewer words: "Harley Service Reps are educated beyond their inteliigence"

I was translating all that to mean "they suck"! :o ;D

Hoist! 8)

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here and offer some food for thought...

I know many have a hate relationship w/service reps, but lets look at it another way. I would say it would be safe to say that most Service Reps at dealerships aren't on the high end of the salary pay scale (ie: Minimum to just above minimum wage). With that said and these hard economic times wouldn't it be safe to say that if corporate or the owner of their dealership has told them not to say anything otherwise risk loosing there jobs they wouldn't say anything. Put yourself in their shoes would you give information to someone if giving that information might cost you your job? :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2008, 10:38:15 PM »

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here and offer some food for thought...

I know many have a hate relationship w/service reps, but lets look at it another way. I would say it would be safe to say that most Service Reps at dealerships aren't on the high end of the salary pay scale (ie: Minimum to just above minimum wage). With that said and these hard economic times wouldn't it be safe to say that if corporate or the owner of their dealership has told them not to say anything otherwise risk loosing there jobs they wouldn't say anything. Put yourself in their shoes would you give information to someone if giving that information might cost you your job? :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Gary, the guys at the service counters aren't who I think of or hold at fault when discussing the issues with such bizarre information and such poor attitudes in dispensing coming from the MoCo.  Those kids often are kids and don't know squat more then what they've been told that morning.  I'm talking about the company service reps.  The travelers.  The actual honest to god professionals.  The ones who think we're mushrooms and knowingly think it really is ok to keep us in the dark and feed us doo-doo.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2008, 10:44:44 PM »

The ones you speak of may be better paid then the ones at the dealerships, but they too may have been told to keep quiet or loose their jobs. We all know that there is a nondisclosure contract that is signed stating that they will not give out information on upcoming models.

I'm not trying to defend the withholding of information just trying to understand it better why the information is being held. If it would cost me my job or perhaps put me in a situation that I might get sued for giving out information I might be reluctant to give out information also. :nixweiss:

I just think the heart of the problem lies within those that we can never directly contact.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2008, 10:54:15 PM »

With already 4 pages into this thread I'm getting here late but to address Twolanes opening post. I feel for the 110 owners that are having the problems. It does give me flashbacks to the paint issue on the 2006 models (mine being one of them). After having gone through that pain, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Part of that was the cause for me selling my CVO and getting back to basics with a 2003 RK Classic with a TC88. It runs great with no issues and if I say so myself (and I do) it looks great too. I spent $14k on it and couldn't be happier. I wish all you 110 owners the same cause them sure are some purty bikes!  8)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2008, 11:01:33 PM »

Don I have to agree with you. It has gotten so bad on this board it is now getting boring to say the least. The threads are all the same. 110 porblems.

Man my 103 looks better and better everyday.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
That's too funny, DAWG........'cause me and ole NiteAl rode a couple hundred miles on our '04 and '05 SEEGs today and agreed that we wouldn't trade 'even' on anything that was new in the Wilmington dealership while we were there (and it was loaded with all shapes and sizes of beautiful new CVO's)........those old SEEGs are sswwwweeeeeet!  :P har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2008, 11:07:04 PM »

That's too funny, DAWG........'cause me and ole NiteAl rode a couple hundred miles on our '04 and '05 SEEGs today and agreed that we wouldn't trade 'even' on anything that was new in the Wilmington dealership while we were there (and it was loaded with all shapes and sizes of beautiful new CVO's)........those old SEEGs are sswwwweeeeeet!  :P har!  spyder
I'll have to agree w/that also. Haven't seen anything yet that would make me give up my SEEG. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2008, 01:26:50 AM »

The ones you speak of may be better paid then the ones at the dealerships, but they too may have been told to keep quiet or loose their jobs. We all know that there is a nondisclosure contract that is signed stating that they will not give out information on upcoming models.

I'm not trying to defend the withholding of information just trying to understand it better why the information is being held. If it would cost me my job or perhaps put me in a situation that I might get sued for giving out information I might be reluctant to give out information also. :nixweiss:

I just think the heart of the problem lies within those that we can never directly contact.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Gary, those who don't speak are a bone of contention we've spoken of before here.  Harley makes it incredibly difficult to really access some person.  It's not their best thing. 

The reps that are dispatched, however, are a different beast entirely.  Some of the things they say regarding paint, engines, pitted chrome, the effect of changed parts on unassociated systems, etc etc etc is just beyond the pale.  I disagree with you on the motive force of having to live within the confines of nondisclosure. 

If someone simply told any one of us, "sorry, I can not answer your question."  Or, "sorry, this is an issue under review and I am not allowed to do more than X and Y."  Something at least direct.  I can live with someone having to follow orders and toe the line.  It's the direct misinformation or seemingly intentional incorrect information whose only purpose is delay, obfuscation or the attempt to move the burden of responsibility away from the company and on to the owner that is insulting.  That it's not actually embarassing to them only bespeaks the character of those issuing the guidance.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2008, 01:27:58 AM »

I'll have to agree w/that also. Haven't seen anything yet that would make me give up my SEEG. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

But there we agree completely.  SEEGs are sweet.  We gave birth to the Street Glides and the SEUCs grew from what we started.  Damn these bikes are nice.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2008, 01:39:04 AM »

Gary, those who don't speak are a bone of contention we've spoken of before here.  Harley makes it incredibly difficult to really access some person.  It's not their best thing. 

The reps that are dispatched, however, are a different beast entirely.  Some of the things they say regarding paint, engines, pitted chrome, the effect of changed parts on unassociated systems, etc etc etc is just beyond the pale.  I disagree with you on the motive force of having to live within the confines of nondisclosure. 

If someone simply told any one of us, "sorry, I can not answer your question."  Or, "sorry, this is an issue under review and I am not allowed to do more than X and Y."  Something at least direct.  I can live with someone having to follow orders and toe the line.  It's the direct misinformation or seemingly intentional incorrect information whose only purpose is delay, obfuscation or the attempt to move the burden of responsibility away from the company and on to the owner that is insulting.  That it's not actually embarassing to them only bespeaks the character of those issuing the guidance.
Well damn that's a first us disagreeing. :P :beerchug: :huepfenlol2:

Of the things you mentioned (again playing devils advocate and trying to understand the devil) any answer you are wishing to hear could be an admission of guilt. They might be instructed to do the song and dance around such questions and give such answers as they are giving. :nixweiss: Maybe its just me trying to look for the good in people, but I think the hourly employees that are just trying to make a living/feed their family aren't the ones that are ultimately responsible for information not flowing/answers not being given.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2008, 01:41:07 AM »

But there we agree completely.  SEEGs are sweet.  We gave birth to the Street Glides and the SEUCs grew from what we started.  Damn these bikes are nice.

Damn us agreeing has to be worth :beerchug: :beerchug: topped of with  :drink: of Makers. :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2008, 01:50:26 AM »

Well damn that's a first us disagreeing. :P :beerchug: :huepfenlol2:

Of the things you mentioned (again playing devils advocate and trying to understand the devil) any answer you are wishing to hear could be an admission of guilt. They might be instructed to do the song and dance around such questions and give such answers as they are giving. :nixweiss: Maybe its just me trying to look for the good in people, but I think the hourly employees that are just trying to make a living/feed their family aren't the ones that are ultimately responsible for information not flowing/answers not being given.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Gary, I just have major issues with a corporate culture that enforces not just disingenuous answers but deception.  Deception that at times delays responses to us that might help solve problems.  At other times has as a purpose to avoid responsibility that it is obvious should be the company's.  And at other times could actually get us hurt.

I understand the desire to give some benefit of the doubt to the person relaying the message.  He is, after all, just the messenger.  It's the corporate culture that enforces the behavior.  The corporate culture that is your villain of choice rather then the guy working for it just bring home the paycheck...

Corporations aren't alive.  The culture and the choices are nothing more then the choices made by the people.  If the people aren't held responsible and taken to task the company can never change.  Because it is nothing more then its people.  And it is its people that give us the song and dance.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2008, 01:52:17 AM »

Damn us agreeing has to be worth :beerchug: :beerchug: topped of with  :drink: of Makers. :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Man, now I'm bummed.  I didn't know we had to have a reason to share :drink: :drink::huepfenlol2:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2008, 01:56:02 AM »

Man, now I'm bummed.  I didn't know we had to have a reason to share :drink: :drink::huepfenlol2:
Don't have to have a reason to initiate the festivities, but conversation and sharing views will entice us to have more. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2008, 02:03:14 AM »

Don't have to have a reason to initiate the festivities, but conversation and sharing views will entice us to have more. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

And have you noticed the relationship there too?  The higher the beer quotient the more intelligent is the conversation and the better looking are all the particpants  :2vrolijk_21: .

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2008, 02:04:34 AM »

Don, don't hold it in man........let it out and tell us what you really think!!!  :bananarock: :huepfenjump3:  

:2vrolijk_21:

Wonder if anyone 'in the know' is going to the shareholders meeting 4/26? If it weren't so close to Sedona, I mean damn  aren't they supposed to coordinate these things with us first ?  :nixweiss:

:drink:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 22 queries.