Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: HD Cuts Jobs as Profits Skid....  (Read 8741 times)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: HD Cuts Jobs as Profits Skid....
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2008, 11:08:51 PM »

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2008, 07:47:48 AM »

k2,we can tell about the reality with the factory/dealer /public relationship and some will git it some wont,  some dealers git it, some wont. some customers will just say FTF  then pull there skirts back down and bitch some more..  i have been riding along time(34 years) on Harley's and have seen the good and the bad and alot of people have a good reason to complain to a point. but if the twin cam area and others is going to a whipping post against the factory for those who wont get therapy i now ask the moterators to get invalved and give the kids there own play pen and us purist a break
Axil - you my friend are one funny MF'er!!

Howie

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2008, 08:08:39 AM »

And you layed off how many illegals :nixweiss:

Brian

NONE!

Illegal workers (in my type of work) typically work for subcontractors and you don't lay off subcontractors.
You know the drill, you just stop calling them when there is nothing for them to do.
You know that!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2008, 08:27:37 AM »

It seems that every month or two, someone wanders to this site and declares that the people involved in the TwinCamGate scandal are whiners.  Inviting discussion is one thing, but spewing without any facts or experience except that you are a loyalist (whatever the hell that means) is idiotic.  I believe in the First Ammendment so go for it.  I also believe in the Second Ammendment.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2008, 08:30:02 AM »

It seems that every month or two, someone wanders to this site and declares that the people involved in the TwinCamGate scandal are whiners.  Inviting discussion is one thing, but spewing without any facts or experience except that you are a loyalist (whatever the hell that means) is idiotic.  I believe in the First Ammendment so go for it.  I also believe in the Second Ammendment.
I'm hoping it's just a feeble attempt to fan the flames  :huepfenlol2:

Howie

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2008, 08:52:26 AM »

...........................  i have been riding along time(34 years) on Harley's and have seen the good and the bad and alot of people have a good reason to complain to a point. but if the twin cam area and others is going to a whipping post against the factory for those who wont get therapy i now ask the moterators to get invalved and give the kids there own play pen and us purist a break

What does "therapy" consist of for folks who realize they just pissed away almost as much as the average American makes in a year on a POS Harley that has all the reliability of a Yugo, while the MoCo blows them off with lies?  Buy some more overpriced Chinese chrome at your friendly dealership while your bike sits in the cue back in service?  That has been the response of way too many over the years, and is one of the main reasons the MoCo can get away with treating customers like excrement.  The therapy I recommend is more along the lines of "tough love", and it starts with placing your wallet firmly back into your pocket and leaving it there until H-D gets serious about proper quality, reliability, and customer service.  If the apologists for H-D want to keep on grabbing their ankles, hey, it's still a relatively free country.  Unlike the place where they are sourcing most of their parts nowdays.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2008, 09:53:00 AM »

I just got back from my therapist opthamologist and he said that my outlook on the MoCo is healthy, even for a loyalist.  (I guess there's a certain number of years you have to ride an HD to be called a loyalist... :nixweiss:) So I'll just happily continue complaining discussing about the piss-poor attitude limited responses of the MoCo to its customers.   ???

:devil:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 09:55:56 AM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2008, 09:57:46 AM »

If the MOCO can't fix the bikes maybe they can pass out Prozac to fix us? 

HD probably laid of the people assigned to fix the 110.  It's probably end of life anyway.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2008, 10:06:26 AM »

What does "therapy" consist of for folks who realize they just pissed away almost as much as the average American makes in a year on a POS Harley that has all the reliability of a Yugo, while the MoCo blows them off with lies?  Buy some more overpriced Chinese chrome at your friendly dealership while your bike sits in the cue back in service?  That has been the response of way too many over the years, and is one of the main reasons the MoCo can get away with treating customers like excrement.  The therapy I recommend is more along the lines of "tough love", and it starts with placing your wallet firmly back into your pocket and leaving it there until H-D gets serious about proper quality, reliability, and customer service.  If the apologists for H-D want to keep on grabbing their ankles, hey, it's still a relatively free country.  Unlike the place where they are sourcing most of their parts nowdays.

Jerry

DAMN JERRY!!!!!!! I DON'T THINK I COULD HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER!!!!!

I think the point Axil was trying to make is. We all know the 110 motor has some major problems. If you look in the twin cam section you will see majority of the posts are about 110 problems. Most of the problems are about the leaks. I too get tired of reading the same old same old. The posts about the problems are now everywhere in this site, not just in the twin cam section. I do feel for you guys. If you look in the past. It took the MOCO 6 years or better to come up with a fix for the cam tensioners. We ( or some of us ) bitched, moaned and complained. You now hear nothing about them, except in the older models. I know for a fact HD is working on a solution for the 110 problem. What it is or what it will be I have no idea.  

I just wish they would come up with a fix real soon, so we can move on to bigger and better things. Like how can I make my 110 scream!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2008, 10:08:24 AM »

I think he may have more experience than anyone on this board!!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2008, 10:13:17 AM »

I think the point Axil was trying to make is. We all know the 110 motor has some major problems. If you look in the twin cam section you will see majority of the posts are about 110 problems. Most of the problems are about the leaks. I too get tired of reading the same old same old. The posts about the problems are now everywhere in this site, not just in the twin cam section. I do feel for you guys. If you look in the past. It took the MOCO 6 years or better to come up with a fix for the cam tensioners. We ( or some of us ) bitched, moaned and complained. You now hear nothing about them, except in the older models. I know for a fact HD is working on a solution for the 110 problem. What it is or what it will be I have no idea.  

I just wish they would come up with a fix real soon, so we can move on to bigger and better things. Like how can I make my 110 scream!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Dawg, You're going to love this.  I talked to the performance guy at the dealership I bought my SEUC about gettting some more torque and ponies out of the old 110 and asked him what I should do.  First thing he said was get rid of the stock crank and also do the Timken conversion...he stated that right now he doesn't recommend going any further with the 110 other than stage one because the crank is just not designed well enough to handle much more torque.  He said he put in whatever I wanted, but he said if I put too much torque on that crank, I'll end up imploding the engine.  Interesting huh?

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2008, 10:17:31 AM »

I think he may have more experience than anyone on this board!!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Then I would think he'd be a little bit kinder and more sympathetic to these people's issues then. This is no joking matter when people spend 35 grand of their hard earned money to get the bike of their dreams, only to find they've just entered hell instead. Anyone bored with reading about the 110's should just not read it. I have a feeling you're gonna keep hearing about it more and more as time passes, until they all get fixed. But calling people whiners because they don't know where to turn on this, while having HD treat them like idiots, surely doesn't help at all! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2008, 10:28:35 AM »

Be Safe

THE DAWG

You have one DAWG?

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2008, 10:48:07 AM »

You have one DAWG?

Absolutely not. I have had to opportunity to buy 3. I will not take the plunge till the problems are resolved or I make up my mind to go right to a 120. Plain and simple. I do have 2 103's and really like them.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2008, 10:51:45 AM »

Dawg, You're going to love this.  I talked to the performance guy at the dealership I bought my SEUC about getting some more torque and ponies out of the old 110 and asked him what I should do.  First thing he said was get rid of the stock crank and also do the Timken conversion...he stated that right now he doesn't recommend going any further with the 110 other than stage one because the crank is just not designed well enough to handle much more torque.  He said he put in whatever I wanted, but he said if I put too much torque on that crank, I'll end up imploding the engine.  Interesting huh?

There you go.

At least he has enough gonads to tell the customer. The problems started when they changed the crank/bearing assemblies. That was in 03. The early 103's would hold up but again the timken is a must. Welding the flywheels is not a major issue if you aren't pulling holeshots with the bike. If you do weld them toooo!!!!

Be Safe

TH DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 21 queries.