Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: HD Cuts Jobs as Profits Skid....  (Read 8764 times)

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Candy Cobalt SERK
Re: HD Cuts Jobs as Profits Skid....
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2008, 11:46:10 PM »

Also as another having been afflicted with the 110 issues, I do not find it boring or redundant to be discussing it. In fact, I rely solely on this forum to keep abreast of any new developments. Where else would you go for info on a problem that doesn't exist?  I have yet been able to find the enthusiasm to pick up my ride from the dealership where it has been for over seven months waiting for a possible fix. I have little reason or desire to ride it until I am convinced that it will perform at least for a  riding season before I must return it to the dealer for repair. It has been repaired using the original 07A gasket set. I probably should have saved the 9k I just invested on a trailer to haul it back and forth and gone the "Sybil" route.  >:(

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2008, 12:36:19 AM »

Serkcus, I have stated and amended my thoughts. I am here to learn and help. I find it redundant only in the fact that at this point the same topic is in multiple threads. I have known about this problem for well over a year and a half and so have many others. I am not going ha ha mine is a 103, which it is.  I want to see a fix almost as bad as you.

Seven months, I don't know what to say, but I don't have a fix. Unless you go with the after market. Yes it sucks but thats not my point....less venting in so many threads and more solution's. there are a lot of people on this site that have fixed there problems so lets here more positive and less negative. I wish you luck and I really mean it

AXIL
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 03:19:34 AM by AXIL »
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2008, 12:51:28 AM »

Axil,
Welcome to the site from another fellow Virginian...don't know how I missed your coming on to the site.  Never be afraid to say what you feel here...as you can see none of us are.  One of the great things about this site is the information we share...even if it's b*tching, it's life's experience that we can take to the dealer and tell them things the MoCo's not.  If it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't have known about the latest and greatest band aid gasket the MoCo is offering this week for the head leaking problems.  My dealer didn't even know about them, until I told him about them...We all look forward to your posts and sharing your wealth of riding experiences with us.  That's what's so great about this place....again welcome and have fun.  :)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2008, 03:02:59 AM »

Damn Bro that's got to be worth an award. :huepfenlol2:

Seriously Mike is alright for a "Truckie" ;)

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Thanks to all for the kind words. This is a great site where I have many friends and family to boot. This really is a good place to hang around.

Well I guess the "CAT" is out of the bag now. Axil and I have been running the streets for a very long time. Almost since the days we were wearing diapers. It is hard to think back that far. He is more than a friend he is a "MY BEST FRIEND". Many years ago we went in separate directions in our careers. I became a Firefighter and he became an HD mechanic. He is one of the most respected in the industry. No I am not blowing his horn either.  He is a wealth of information and I was the one who talked him into joining this great site. He knows what everyone is going through. There is a fix on the way. No one knows when or how but the factory is working on it.

We did talk tonight and we both agree "WE FEEL YOUR PAIN". The problems all the 110 owners are having is very sad to say the least. I just hope the MOCO comes up with a fix SOON. The amount of money spent on buying a CVO is bad enough. When you buy one you go into an elite group. When you bought an 07 or 08 model you went into another elite group. A 110 owner.

Be Safe

THE DAWG   
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 03:22:01 AM by DCFIREMANN »
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2008, 06:57:31 AM »

Thanks Mike and Axil for understanding. I really value both you guys input. Excellent stuff. This is a sore subject for many. Used to be for me. Keep coming with your great tech stuff. I learn a lot from you guys! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2008, 08:01:53 AM »

greetings everybody,  hope you have a great time tonight and tomorrow.  wish i could be there but it is spring and i'am waiting on a set of bandaids for a 110 springer.  the weather looks good so happy motoring.  axil
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2008, 09:41:58 AM »

Thanks Mike and Axil for understanding. I really value both you guys input. Excellent stuff. This is a sore subject for many. Used to be for me. Keep coming with your great tech stuff. I learn a lot from you guys! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Howie,
Not to diss what you've done to your bike, but it should still be a sore subject for you.  You should not have had to of put $8500 into a $30K motorcycle to "make it right".  :-X   I know you're going to be much happier with the new build and the additional feelings you're going to get with all that new power and torque, but you shouldn't have had to of basically buy a new engine to achieve those results.  We all know that relatively few leave their bikes stock, but to have to do what you did to make it right, is absolutely reprehensible, imo, on the MoCo's part.  Ride safe.

2012 FLHXSE3

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2008, 09:46:47 AM »

Howie,
Not to diss what you've done to your bike, but it should still be a sore subject for you.  You should not have had to of put $8500 into a $30K motorcycle to "make it right".  :-X   I know you're going to be much happier with the new build and the additional feelings you're going to get with all that new power and torque, but you shouldn't have had to of basically buy a new engine to achieve those results.  We all know that relatively few leave their bikes stock, but to have to do what you did to make it right, is absolutely reprehensible, imo, on the MoCo's part.  Ride safe.

Well, ya gotta move on with your life too Charlie. That was the purpose for doing it in the first place. That, and the fact that I always loved the HD motor design, but a factory motor was never built good enough, strong enough, or powerful enough for me anyway! What's done is done. I'm happy with the way it runs now. It is what it is. I'd just like to see you guys with no other alternatives, be made whole again, so you can move on with your lives too! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2008, 09:57:21 AM »

Well, ya gotta move on with your life too Charlie. That was the purpose for doing it in the first place. That, and the fact that I always loved the HD motor design, but a factory motor was never built good enough, strong enough, or powerful enough for me anyway! What's done is done. I'm happy with the way it runs now. It is what it is. I'd just like to see you guys with no other alternatives, be made whole again, so you can move on with your lives too! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
Understand Howie.  It really doesn't boil down to not having alternatives, it's really forcing a manufacturer to follow through and make right what is, obviously, a poorly tested engine before they put it out in the general populace.  I'm already a beta tester for Microsoft when I buy a piece of software and have grown accustom to eagerly awaiting the arrival of Service Pack 1 to fix all the mistakes that should have been caught before being declared "ready" for the public.  I never expected to be a beta tester for the MoCo also.  Ugh...sorry for the rant.  :soapbox:

2012 FLHXSE3

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2008, 11:10:46 PM »

Axil, appreciate reading your posts and a belated welcome aboard.  :) Sorry to have sounded like another bitter HD owner. :-[ On a better note, snowed about 12 inches here today, thanks to those Wyoming folks who, it's reported  sent the stuff up here so no need to worry about picking up my ride for a least another few days..sigh 

I guess another way of looking at these 110 problems is that if/when we get a permanent fix, it will be like xmas :bananarock:

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2008, 05:24:18 PM »

Well on the tour at the factory today. Low and behold the touring assembly was shut down for the day. Yep that is right every Friday the will produce no touring models till the 2009 change over. That is a budget cut.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2008, 12:21:41 AM »

Well that explains the leakers. Close down Thursday nite and forget what you were working on Monday! :o

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2008, 12:33:32 AM »

Serkus,
            Where you been dude ? Seems like I haven't seen your name on the board in quite awhile.

B B

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2008, 12:23:59 PM »

Well on the tour at the factory today. Low and behold the touring assembly was shut down for the day. Yep that is right every Friday the will produce no touring models till the 2009 change over. That is a budget cut.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

That beats shutting the line down all together-come on BUY MORE CHROME- we'll reverse this recession as a group!

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2008, 01:47:50 PM »

That beats shutting the line down all together-come on BUY MORE CHROME- we'll reverse this recession as a group!

WhachutalkinboutCapo ?

We're already the MoCo's profit margin.

My $20,000 2007 Road Glide is as I sit here today, a $40,000 Faux SERG It's about $1,000 away from having more chrome than Elvis and that bike is sooooooooo chromed out it's - - - - - well that's how it came to be named Elvis. I'm doing my part as are you (with TWO CVO's) and every other brother and sister on this site. We ARE the bling bling of the H-D world. Not much more we can do unless we all buy sidecars so there's more places to hang the bling.

B B
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 23 queries.