Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Type of helmet you wear most...  (Read 30941 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Type of helmet you wear most...
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2008, 09:45:43 PM »

I really like the modular flip-up full face. It is very versatile. Cool or warm and quiet.
How do you keep cool?  :confused5:  Do you ride with the chin bar  :nixweiss:flipped up?   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2008, 09:47:25 AM »

Actually, with the face shield up a couple of notches and all the vents open, I feel more air flow around my face than I did with the 3/4 helmet and a face shield. Some air comes in over the shield and some air comes in under the shield. That's my perception anyway. My riding buddy says that is all fine and good until a bee comes in from one of those two locations. Also, with the chin bar up, casual talking off the bike is better. If you wish, you can ride the bike with the chin bar up. Then, it's like an open faced helmet. I rode that way on a particularly hot day in Arizona.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2008, 12:50:33 PM »

FL Marine

For your SA, the gate Marines are now checking helmets for DOT stickers here at MCB Quantico.  Easy thing to bypass unfortunately, but good idea still.  2nd Tank Bn had a mandatory motorcycle club that took day-long rides with a lunch stop at whichever Hooters was closest.  It was a fantastic thing to do, especially since so many Marines were buying motorcycles with their combat pay, much like now.  Group rides did a good job of building camraderie and training them to ride safely and I'm glad to see II MEF is still doing this.  It's a horrible thing to hear when a unit returns from combat with little to no casualties only to lose Marines to preventable motorcycle accidents.

Personally, I wear a DOT-approved carbon fiber helmet w/ my Gov't issued Wiley-X goggles (thanks, supply) and switch to a full-face in cold weather.

They have not been checking at Lejeune - but I am covered anyway with my HJC.  Been looking at the Scorpion Evo helmets - supposed to be good cold and hot.

Just wondering what Jul and Aug are gonna be like in traffic on 24...stuck in traffic that is...after being stuck in traffic on Holcomb.

Sean
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 12:52:27 PM by Florida Marine »

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Black and Gray 08
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2008, 10:32:39 AM »

I have been monitoring this site and posted some comments myself. Someone said helmet speakers are available for helmets. Question?  What are good helmet speakers for 1/2 helmets and still legal. I have a 1/2 helmet and have to ride on post myself (regulary). Army won't cover you if you violate regs...

I wear 1/2 want to maintain the 1/2 or 3/4.
Life time member VFW 7450 San Diego! Love your freedom, Thank a Vet!

harleydawg57

• Full CVO Member
  • "Raring to go-- but can't go for raring!!"

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG orange/black
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2008, 05:07:53 PM »

Carbon Fiber from Harley is my choice.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
HD six speed-True Duals with Samson slip ons- S & S gear drive cams with oiling fuel pump-power commander-Kuyakyn rear adjustable rider pegs-HD tuner-Hawg-Wired amp and speakers w/Sony Tuner xm sat radio-Boogey Lights

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2008, 06:14:02 PM »

I wear a carbon fiber shorty, light wieght and reasonably strong. Florida has no helmet law, did ride for a couple years with ni lid, but now have gone to using the shorty 99% of the time.
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

Radarlv

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2008, 11:03:35 PM »

The Nolan Flip-up Is a nice helmet for all round riding, I use it with the J&M headset on the Ultra.
06 Blk Crimson Charcoal Slate Gray
Street Glide Rear Light kit
Dakota Digital Gages
Kuryakyn Panacea Light kit
6-Speed Trans
Stage-1,
SE Race Tuner,
High Flow Air Cleaner
575 Zipper cams
Jims Push Rods
Chrome Inner Primary
Rinehart True Duals
GPS
Klock Works Wind Screen
Dyno'ed 99.2 HP 117lbs of TQ

guentherb

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE Black
    • CVO2: 02 FLSTFI Black
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2008, 08:15:41 PM »

I usually wear a skid lid but throw on a full face when I go on long road trips.  I just bought a 1070's bucco helmet that's friggin' sweet.  Not up to current DOT standards but probably still more protection than the skid lid. 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2008, 08:22:40 PM »

The best skid lid made. Meets all DOT standards except the 5lb spear test. Same impact protection as their DOT version, with less padding. :2vrolijk_21:

Headtripp Helmets by Carbon Fiber Helmets.

http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2008, 10:02:25 PM »

The best skid lid made. Meets all DOT standards except the 5lb spear test. Same impact protection as their DOT version, with less padding. :2vrolijk_21:

Headtripp Helmets by Carbon Fiber Helmets.

http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/

Hoist! 8)
Hey Hoist, that helmet will get you a couple hundred dollars lighter on the hip in NC.  :-X You may not ride  Cybil away w/o getting a DOT helmet, either.  :'( So, someone has to come to your assistance or get 'towed'.   :( aaaaargh.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2008, 11:35:02 PM »

Hey Hoist, that helmet will get you a couple hundred dollars lighter on the hip in NC.  :-X You may not ride  Cybil away w/o getting a DOT helmet, either.  :'( So, someone has to come to your assistance or get 'towed'.   :( aaaaargh.  spyder

But it's got a DOT sticker spyd! ??? ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2008, 12:06:20 AM »

well, maybe ole 'Barney' up there in the mtns. might not check the sewn-in authorization info, but most in the state have been (so I've been hearing).  Just wanted to give you a 'heads-up', as it were.  ::) har!  :drink: spyder

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2008, 12:09:18 AM »

well, maybe ole 'Barney' up there in the mtns. might not check the sewn-in authorization info, but most in the state have been (so I've been hearing).  Just wanted to give you a 'heads-up', as it were.  ::) har!  :drink: spyder

Thanks spyd. :2vrolijk_21:

Hmmm! I'll have to keep this in mind for MV! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

Sean M Cary

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2008, 07:37:28 AM »

Thanks spyd. :2vrolijk_21:

Hmmm! I'll have to keep this in mind for MV! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

MV?  you headed to NC??

Sean

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2008, 08:09:40 AM »

MV?  you headed to NC??

Sean

Him and his better 1/2 are scheduled to be in M/V.
Are you going to be there?
It's a great place to ride and meet some fantastic site members. (even Hoist)
See this thread and get you a room!

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=15484.msg245490#msg245490

See you there!

SBB

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 21 queries.