CVO Social > Other Topics

Re: Shifting and shifting and shifting

(1/2) > >>

Twolanerider:

--- Quote ---I find myself always lookin for another gear  even tho im in 5th gear already,,,does anyone else do this?  It's drivin me nuts,,kinda like a bad habit i can't get rid of it    [smiley=brood.gif]
do most of you guys actually have the # of the gear your in when ya ride, on your mind? or do you go by the rpms of your motor ? i tend to listen to the motor  but  i cant seem to stop wanting to shift to 6th and 7th and 8th gear  etc...
--- End quote ---

I used to on the 80s and 88s.  All the time.  With the way the SEEG is geared and where it's torque range is I have almost never searched for "one more gear" on the red bike.  At least not except for the extra gear one might hope for while in some hypothetical excess violation of the speed limit.....  [smiley=laugh.gif]

Tonys:
I have a long time habit of using the tach...altho if Im going over 90 I wish I had another gear. [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Cannibus_Man:
I find myself always lookin for another gear  even tho im in 5th gear already,,,does anyone else do this?  It's drivin me nuts,,kinda like a bad habit i can't get rid of it    [smiley=brood.gif]
do most of you guys actually have the # of the gear your in when ya ride, on your mind? or do you go by the rpms of your motor ? i tend to listen to the motor  but  i cant seem to stop wanting to shift to 6th and 7th and 8th gear  etc...

shovelhead71:
want no 6th gear - just want that rocket back pack willie coyote got from Acme - just for the rush

booboosboss:
YA KNOW , I FIND MYSELF DOIN THE SAME THING ESPECIALY WHEN I'M GETTIN ON THE HIGHWAY ....  [smiley=thinking2.gif]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version