CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Clutch Squeak/ Throttle unload

(1/2) > >>

Assfault:
I have recently purchased a 2001 Screamin eagle Road Glide. I have ridden this hog 1000 miles since purchase. I have been hearing a noise that occurs when i unload quickly on the throttle that sounds like it is comming from the clutch. It seems to be worse when ridding my passanger. It also seems to get less noisey as the engine heats up and has been ridden for a while.
My Question is does this clutch need adjustment or is this just the "nature of the Beast"?

geezerglide:
Assfault,

Any relation to Assman? Who was on Dave Letterman a year or so ago.

It may not be your clutch, it could be your Drive Belt, check its tightness.

geezerglide

Twolanerider:

--- Quote ---I have recently purchased a 2001 Screamin eagle Road Glide. I have ridden this hog 1000 miles since purchase. I have been hearing a noise that occurs when i unload quickly on the throttle that sounds like it is comming from the clutch. It seems to be worse when ridding my passanger. It also seems to get less noisey as the engine heats up and has been ridden for a while.
My Question is does this clutch need adjustment or is this just the "nature of the Beast"?
--- End quote ---

I can remember twice over the miles having experienced a sound something like you're describing at the time you're describing it.  Once was a drive belt that had gotten loose and once was a bad (worn out) belt tensioner inside the primary.  Nice looking Road Glide; congratulations on finding the bike.

Assfault:
Thanks to geezerglide and two lane rider for your comments.
We just got back from a big ride today for the Bridge to Faith Mc fund raiser. We had a blast. I talked to a few of the guys and they said about the same thing  you both did. The poll seems to think that the primary belt drive pully may be worn. I will be checking that as soon as i get the chance.              Thanks again         Assfault

JCZ:
Assfault welcome to the web site. [smiley=beerchug.gif]  You have a nice looking ride and a georgeous wife. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Sounds like you're already on your way to solving your problem.  Good luck with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version