Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ride to Myrtle Beach  (Read 904 times)

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Ride to Myrtle Beach
« on: May 11, 2008, 08:58:20 AM »

Well the weather kinda cooperated. I left home at 5:15 am, hope I did,nt wake up the to many of the nieghbors. Made my way around Philadelphia and then into Delaware. Rode down thru Rt 13 thru Del, Md, Va. Over the Chesapeke Bay Bridge. Then motored my way over to Rt 17 thru N.C. to S.C. The rain was only a minor inconvience from home until about 30 miles into N.C. I made sure I stopped at a half a tank for gas and ass breaks. I finally made it into Mytrle Beach around 6:30 that night. I was watching the news on Friday morning and and noticed that one of the towns I stopped in had a tornado. Good thing I left a day early..........................Met Chip and Nancy Lil Bear and AJ at Breakfast Sat morn..........Rode into Georgetown for a few road  sodas. Right now were sitting in the house waiting for nasty storms to go by..............to say the least it's a little snotty............. :drink: :drink: :drink:       
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: Ride to Myrtle Beach
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 09:55:11 AM »

Just checked the radar. Looks like a good morning to sleep off a hangover. Glad you made it and hooked up w/ the other folks.

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 10:22:07 AM »

Definately a good day to sleep in. Still raining pretty good. Might have to crack one open to have a little hair of the dog. No riding today! :drink:
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

SE-Dave

• Full CVO Member
  • "AWESOME"
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 01:35:25 PM »

Hey Rich,"fuzznuts"
                  Glad to see you made ie OK. I was thinking of you on Friday. I was heading up from Fl. on Friday and was passing a ton of bikes heading to Myrtle. Enjoy your week. Ride Safe, :drink:
                                                              Dave

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 02:39:18 AM »

Well the weather kinda cooperated. I left home at 5:15 am, hope I did,nt wake up the to many of the nieghbors. Made my way around Philadelphia and then into Delaware. Rode down thru Rt 13 thru Del, Md, Va. Over the Chesapeke Bay Bridge. Then motored my way over to Rt 17 thru N.C. to S.C. The rain was only a minor inconvience from home until about 30 miles into N.C. I made sure I stopped at a half a tank for gas and ass breaks. I finally made it into Mytrle Beach around 6:30 that night. I was watching the news on Friday morning and and noticed that one of the towns I stopped in had a tornado. Good thing I left a day early..........................Met Chip and Nancy Lil Bear and AJ at Breakfast Sat morn..........Rode into Georgetown for a few road  sodas. Right now were sitting in the house waiting for nasty storms to go by..............to say the least it's a little snotty............. :drink: :drink: :drink:       

Sounds like it would have been a good ride minus the rain. No Superslabs? That is the way to travel if you got the time!

Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 22 queries.