Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: SEEG fairing removal  (Read 4846 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: SEEG fairing removal
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2005, 02:23:51 PM »

I had our local shop replace the sender on my garage door opener a while back, and I noticed that the two lower fairing screws were no longer black.
  I found one of the original screws that night by removing the lower triple tree cover. I didn't find the other one until last night when I removed the oil cooler cover to clean up the oil I spilled from changing the oil filter. When I pulled the oil filter cover off out popped the second original lower fairing screw. Seems the tech working on my bike that day had a bit of a dexterity problem.    [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Those little buggers are just way too easy to drop.  There's likely one in my bike someplace that I've never found yet (and I was using the magnet).  Hadn't thought of looking inside the oil cooler though.  Thanks  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

Re: SEEG fairing removal
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2005, 05:03:48 PM »

Be very careful re-installing the screws.  They cross-thread easily... and if you torque them down too much you'll rip the brass fitting out and it'll have to be replaced!

Yeah, 'er 'uh, DJW,
 Torque and Brass don't mix, right DJW?  Now that I started on topic, allow me to stray.  Please re-post that picture you so masterfully developed of spyder, The Honorable Mr. President, George W. Bush, and HUBBARD.  I was going to frame for my office, but procrastinated, and passed the opportunity.  Thanks!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 22 queries.