Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2003 Centenial Gold Codes  (Read 2942 times)

d-rock

• Full CVO Member
2003 Centenial Gold Codes
« on: May 09, 2008, 10:45:07 AM »

It might be here somewhere but does anyone have a paint code for the 03 gold? I am putting on the rear fender trim from a street glide and I am have a hard time matching the paint :(. Thanks D
113 inch S.E.
The parts list will never be put in writing :)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re: 2003 Centenial Gold Codes
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 07:17:38 PM »

You mean the MOCO touch up paint kit P/N's or the commercial (PPG) etc. paint codes?

If you're looking to get an amount larger than the little touch up kits, try http://www.cyclecolor.com or email him at cyclecolor@ameritech.net You want the MOTTOTOUCHUP 'Scooby Gold' (aka Centennial Gold) and probably some clear coat as well. I got a 2 oz bottle of each for around $45 I think.

Hope this helps.
Joe

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 07:31:09 PM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

d-rock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 08:50:44 AM »

Thanks.  I am trying the scooby gold now and will wait and see how good the match is. I got one of those street glide rear fender trim panels and need to make it gold. derek
113 inch S.E.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 03:29:25 PM »

Having owned two 03 SERKs and being buds with Bubba_T who has also owned two as well as CVO Joe, I can tell you straight up that no paint code will match the paint on these bikes. Close maybe, but you can always see the difference. The only way to deal with this is to have the paint custom mixed to match a part on the bike (side panels are good )

B B

d-rock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 08:29:46 AM »

Thanks thats what I found out. the scooby gold is close, I had the paint supplier computer match the paint and that also was close, my painter seems good so he is going to blend his own. Only time will tell my fingers are crossed. Thanks for the help. D
113 inch S.E.

hossdog

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 10:15:55 PM »

Good Luck trying to match this paint. I needed a new bag (Don't want to tell ya why   :oops: it wasn't good ) Ordered one from Harley (Took 6 months) didn't notice right away but the bags didn't match. You really can't tell unless you put them side by side in the sunlight.
Jesus loves bikers too !

Sean M Cary

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 06:35:18 AM »

Looking at my bike from different angles, it is all original, been maintained with extreme care - there are different subtle changes to the color all over the bike...

Oh well... :nixweiss:

Sean

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 04:04:00 PM »

Looking at my bike from different angles, it is all original, been maintained with extreme care - there are different subtle changes to the color all over the bike...

Oh well... :nixweiss:

Sean

Sean,
         Take the saddlebags off and look at the backside (wheel side) if you want to see some differences. Ain't nothin subtle about it either. The centennial gold paint does not cover well and H-D got cheap in applying it to the backside of the bags. Also, maybe due to robotic paint machines or something, but the coverage on the tank, fenders, side panels and outsides of the saddlebags is not as even as it could be. I've never seen two of these bikes alike which is why the paint code doesn't work. I love the 03 SERK and intend to buy another one someday. When I do, I will strip it and have it completely re-done with multiple coats of color as well as more clear than stock. Anyway, in a a weird sort of way, what you describe above is the best way of knowing if an 03 SERK is orginal or has been re-done.

B B

Sean M Cary

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 07:48:17 PM »

Sean,
         Take the saddlebags off and look at the backside (wheel side) if you want to see some differences. Ain't nothin subtle about it either. The centennial gold paint does not cover well and H-D got cheap in applying it to the backside of the bags. Also, maybe due to robotic paint machines or something, but the coverage on the tank, fenders, side panels and outsides of the saddlebags is not as even as it could be. I've never seen two of these bikes alike which is why the paint code doesn't work. I love the 03 SERK and intend to buy another one someday. When I do, I will strip it and have it completely re-done with multiple coats of color as well as more clear than stock. Anyway, in a a weird sort of way, what you describe above is the best way of knowing if an 03 SERK is orginal or has been re-done.

B B

Geeze, did what you suggested.  There are spots that are white on the backsides!  Amazing.

Sean

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 07:52:53 PM »

Geeze, did what you suggested.  There are spots that are white on the backsides!  Amazing.

Sean

You just told me something else about the bike. It is an early 03. Midyear 2003 H-D went to ABS for their saddlebags, side panels and tour-paks. If you had ABS saddlebags it would have shown black on the inside. Some people don't care one way or another, but you've got fiberglass bags which can be repaired if damaged. Nothing you can do with ABS but toss it and buy new ones, so fiberglass is a good thing.

B B

d-rock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 07:53:51 PM »

I think I have 4 differant colors on my bike. The funny thing is the bag I bought from spiderman has the best coverage of paint, they must have sent the sh$t ones to the east coast. hahaha Hey maybe thats not funny ???
113 inch S.E.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 08:22:06 PM »

I think I have 4 differant colors on my bike. The funny thing is the bag I bought from spiderman has the best coverage of paint, they must have sent the sh$t ones to the east coast. hahaha Hey maybe thats not funny ???

Dunno, it made me laugh.

B B

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 22 queries.