Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ?? about Nolan helmets  (Read 1982 times)

Diesel Dragon

• Full CVO Member
?? about Nolan helmets
« on: May 20, 2008, 08:18:51 PM »

Does any one have a Nolan Full face flip front helmet ?

I'm trying to figure out the right size, I have been told that their helmets run a little small, the helmet I wear now is a large sized helmet, my head diameter is 23 1/4" which is a large size on the Nolan site but at other retailers they say to use a X-large.

Any one have any ideas which to go with ?

Thx

DD

A threesome is not really cheating, the 2 girls cancel each other out :)

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits

08 SE Ultra
03 Fatboy

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Re: ?? about Nolan helmets
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 08:27:41 PM »

I wear a size 7-1/2 hat as told by a hat shop owner in Jackson Hole Wyoming who fitted me for a nice custom "cowboy" hat  he also said I had the oval head type when looked at from above. 

I bought a JM speaker equipped Nolan Xlite 1002 a year and a half ago.  I went to a local shop and tried one on several times and went with the XL.  After riding with it for several hours, it started to feel too tight in the ears and cheeks.  I still have it but never wear it.  May buy an XXL and move the speakers.

/Bill

I'm trying to figure out the right size, I have been told that their helmets run a little small, the helmet I wear now is a large sized helmet, my head diameter is 23 1/4" which is a large size on the Nolan site but at other retailers they say to use a X-large.

Thx

DD

Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 09:55:19 PM »

Thx

DD

I actually think they run a bit big.  I have a H-D XXL flip-up helmet and was on the edge between an XL and XXL according to the Nolan size chart for the N-102.  I went with an XXL thinking I could use a tad more room versus the Harley helmet, but the Nolan ended up being HUGE!  Had to return it for an XL which ended up being a PERFECT fit.

Having said all that, the best advice is to try one on somewhere before ordering to make sure you are getting the correct size -- something I did not do.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 10:18:48 PM »

My hat size is 7 3/8 and I ordered the Nolan N102 in XL. It fits perfectly with the J&M headset speakers on my ears.
AJ

jmhenrie

• Full CVO Member
  • expensive oil change

• CVO1: 2007 screaming eagle electra glide Gone
    • CVO2: 2010 screeming Eagle electra glide cvo limited black
    • CVO3: 2012 cvo electra glide Electic Orange/black
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 12:03:37 AM »

I would find somewhere to try one on, I wear a large Flip face Nolan, but xxl HD half helmet, sizes do vary.
cheers
Mike

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 08:44:45 AM »

WFP mentioned the one thing that will affect fit more than any small manufacturing variation, and that is head shape.  People with the exact same head measurements can experience totally different feel with the same helmet, due to pressure points created by head shape differences.

With the exception of Arai, which actually addresses this issue with different head shape models, most manufacturer's try to come up with a compromise shape that will supposedly fit the "average" head.  In reality, that works about as well as all the other "one shape or size fits all" products.

The advice to actually try various sizes on prior to ordering is right on the money.  And if you already have a helmet that has pressure points that bother you, check to see if the manufacturer offers different thickness pads to tailor the fit.  Many of the higher priced helmets offer at least different cheek pads.  And if all else fails, you can pull back the padding and modify the actual energy absorbing foam slightly to eliminate minor tight spots.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 06:44:21 PM »

I have the Nolan N-100 and the Nolan N-102 and they are both XL but the N-102 fits more snug (no slop) than the N-100.  When I first got the N-102 it felt like it was almost too snug but after wearing it for a few weeks, it broke in to be just right.

My head size is the same in either helmet. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

tompen

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 07:19:52 PM »

I just got an N-102. My HJC modular helmets are Large and I needed an X-Large in the Nolan. By the way. I really like the Nolan with the N-com blue tooth system.

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 20 queries.