Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone change Bars or add risers?  (Read 1599 times)

Phatharley4me

• Ride it Like you STOLE IT !!!!
Anyone change Bars or add risers?
« on: May 19, 2005, 01:21:07 PM »

Just curious to know if anyone changed out thier stock bars and or added risers?

Throwing the idea of either bikini bars or risers.  The main reason is to reduce the reach I currently have.  Not a MUST but rather a...ok.. time to do something different....AGAIN!

[smiley=laugh.gif]

michburt

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Anyone change Bars or add risers?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 06:11:24 PM »

Just curious to know if anyone changed out thier stock bars and or added risers?

Throwing the idea of either bikini bars or risers.  The main reason is to reduce the reach I currently have.  Not a MUST but rather a...ok.. time to do something different....AGAIN!

[smiley=laugh.gif]

I too am interested in maybe adding a little height to the bars, but am uncertain if I can with the wires being ran through the bars.

Mike
Just plain happy to be here, but then one reaches an age where one is happy to be anywhere.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Anyone change Bars or add risers?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 06:21:55 PM »

Yep, I added risers to my '94 nostalgia' (kinda a cross between a FatBoy and a Heritage) to give me more height to the bars.  It made all the difference in that I no longer got that cramp-type pain between my shoulderblades on longer runs.  I think I added 4 inches, would have to go out and measure to be sure, but you need to sit on your seat and have someone hold the bars where they fit you to decide.......we've all got different 'reaches' or something like that.  Course, I like the looks of 'em higher too.  Har!  spyder    [smiley=laugh.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.