Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Siezed front wheel spacers?  (Read 3952 times)

wizgee

• Vendor

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE - Silver Rush / Midnight Black - GONE
    • CVO2: 13 FLHRSE5 - Crushed Sapphire / Cold Fusion
Siezed front wheel spacers?
« on: May 24, 2008, 03:30:35 PM »

Just tried to get the bike inspected at the dealer and they told me that I needed a new front tire, which I thought was rather soon as I only have about 7900 miles on the bike. I told them to go ahead and put on a new tire ($200.) Well, they tried to get the wheel off, and the spacers are froze to the axle. They didn't want to proceed with damaging parts, so they asked me to come back on Tuesday when they could talk to H-D HQ.
Has anyone else had either of these problems? (Tire wear and front wheel spacers)

Dyna mite

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: "07 FXDSE
    • CVO2: "11 FLHTCUSE 6
Re: Siezed front wheel spacers?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 05:32:18 PM »

>:(   in the process of changing my front tire and have the same problem with the wheel spacers  >:(  was wondering if anybody had a solution to this problem?? thanxx in advance for any information  :2vrolijk_21:
USMC 81-85 Combat Vet.Lebanon "83

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 06:17:21 PM »

>:(   in the process of changing my front tire and have the same problem with the wheel spacers  >:(  was wondering if anybody had a solution to this problem?? thanxx in advance for any information  :2vrolijk_21:
Never had the problem, always put ample grease on rotating parts parts.  Good luck on getting the axle out
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 11:22:46 PM »

My stock front tire wasn't fit to continue after 7,000 miles, probably way before that truth be known. I'll never own any more POS Dunlops.

Went with new Avons front & rear. Had no issues with spacers or axle.
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept

PAPA T

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
    • CVO2: Not CVO 99FXSTS
    • CVO3: NOT CVO 83 Ironhead & 98 Sportys
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 09:21:43 PM »

My stock front tire wasn't fit to continue after 7,000 miles, probably way before that truth be known. I'll never own any more POS Dunlops.

Went with new Avons front & rear. Had no issues with spacers or axle.

What model avons?  Last I looked (It's been awhile) couldn't find a matching set in our sizes?
It'll feel better when it quits hurting!!!

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 09:31:07 PM »

HD uses no grease (or anti-sieze) on the axle... my 03 Fatboy had the rear axle get stuck... they wound up replacing bearings in the process as well. when it went back together they at least used anti-siexe on reassembly.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 04:50:44 PM »

What model avons?  Last I looked (It's been awhile) couldn't find a matching set in our sizes?

Front : Avon Road Rider  54 V 90-90-21 (this one seems a wee bit larger than stock but looks fine & more importantly rides great)

Rear: Avon Storm ST AV 56  17/60 ZR17

:jalapeno:
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.