Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Author Topic: 110" poll for those with no major problems......  (Read 28018 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: 110" poll for those with no major problems......
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2008, 08:13:19 AM »

I could be wrong, but I think the "football" cover on the 07 and 08 SEUC's are the same.  I've got the SE filter under my cover and there were no issues with it.  This could be another case of a dealer not necessarily being wrong, but mis-informed about the fitment.  I suppose you could dyno a bike before break in, but everyone I talked to, both dealers and indie shops "most highly" recommended that you wait until the break-in is over.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2008, 09:56:45 AM »

I could be wrong, but I think the "football" cover on the 07 and 08 SEUC's are the same.  I've got the SE filter under my cover and there were no issues with it.  This could be another case of a dealer not necessarily being wrong, but mis-informed about the fitment.  I suppose you could dyno a bike before break in, but everyone I talked to, both dealers and indie shops "most highly" recommended that you wait until the break-in is over.

My dealer flat out refused to Dyno until 1000 miles they said that is due to the high rpms necessary for a complete Dyno tune-there was not negotiation for what its worth. What are you/they considering break-in?

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2008, 10:27:34 AM »

My dealer flat out refused to Dyno until 1000 miles they said that is due to the high rpms necessary for a complete Dyno tune-there was not negotiation for what its worth. What are you/they considering break-in?
My dealer wouldn't dyno the SEUC until the 1K service...that's what they considered the "break-in" period.  I'm going the same route with the Street Glide.  Gonna wait until I have 1K on it at least.

2012 FLHXSE3

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2008, 12:23:03 PM »

Sorry to barge in your thread guys, but this seemed like the best place to ask the question(s) I have.

You know how with a 96" motor you can simply change out the top end and have a 103" ?

What can you do with the 110"

Can you put the 113" top end on it ? 

Anything- - - - and I'm talking using H-D parts

B B

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2008, 12:26:58 PM »

Sorry to barge in your thread guys, but this seemed like the best place to ask the question(s) I have.

You know how with a 96" motor you can simply change out the top end and have a 103" ?

What can you do with the 110"

Can you put the 113" top end on it ? 

Anything- - - - and I'm talking using H-D parts

B B

BB,
I think Ken, Hogbreath, looked into that and I think the cases have to be bored out and because the 110s use the o-ring seal on the lower end, the 113 mod takes too much surface away to do the o-ring seals....can a gasket be used instead?  That, I'm not smart enough to know.   Ken might be able to answer that better for you.

2012 FLHXSE3

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2008, 09:39:43 PM »

I could be wrong, but I think the "football" cover on the 07 and 08 SEUC's are the same.  I've got the SE filter under my cover and there were no issues with it.  This could be another case of a dealer not necessarily being wrong, but mis-informed about the fitment.

08 SERK with RH TD, Stage I A/c and SERT.  The dealer told me the old cover does fit, but when I checked it later, I noticed that the rubber gasket on the filter was pushed in on top and the bottom. The cover is wide enough but not tall enough for round filter.

Mods were done at delivery.  Runs cool and will do 1000 mile service on Thursday, Dyno on Friday.  I don't trust Sync3 during the Dyno at very high RPM,  I will be putting in AMSOil in engine, tran. and chain.  The only problem so far was with speedo that was changed.

Getting AK-20 and Biyubos    :thumbsup:

110" with ETC and ABS rocks.  :bananarock:
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2008, 11:55:43 AM »

As of today there are 64 with no problems. I wonder what the percentage of problems to no problems is? Considering how most people only speak up when they have a problem this is a good showing.

LabRat

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SECU Copper Canyon
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2008, 12:19:24 PM »

As of today there are 64 with no problems. I wonder what the percentage of problems to no problems is? Considering how most people only speak up when they have a problem this is a good showing.

He did ask for major problems. I've got a very slow oil leak, but didn't consider that a major problem.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2008, 12:24:23 PM »

He did ask for major problems. I've got a very slow oil leak, but didn't consider that a major problem.

You'll have to ask JCZ but I would think any oil coming from the engine where it's not supposed to is MAJOR!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2008, 12:24:58 PM »

A number of the dealerships in Nor Cal were doing the A/C, exhaust and either PC or RT and dynoing at delivery.  Didn't seem to be an issue.  

There were several articles quoted here back in 04/05 regarding this issue (when a motor is broke in).  I remember that Joe Minton was one of them (American Rider magazine).  He said that with the closer tolerances of todays engineering that these motors are definately broke in, in the first 50 miles (rings seated, etc.).  HD calls for a longer break in period so the rider will get more used to his/her new bike before they get to loose on it.....for liability reasons.  

I'm not sure the title of those threads but for somebody whose got the time to do the search, I'm sure you'll find them.  They're on this site somewhere. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2008, 12:25:50 PM »

BB,
I think Ken, Hogbreath, looked into that and I think the cases have to be bored out and because the 110s use the o-ring seal on the lower end, the 113 mod takes too much surface away to do the o-ring seals....can a gasket be used instead?  That, I'm not smart enough to know.   Ken might be able to answer that better for you.

So what you're saying is that there's really nothing much you can do to a 110.

B B

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2008, 12:27:08 PM »

And back on topic.....while I was sure there were more than a couple who haven't had any major issues with the 110", I've got to say that I am a little surprised at the number that's tallied so far, in this poll.  I guess that's good news for those owners. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2008, 12:28:44 PM »

B B

As posted elsewhere:

110 CI How much horsepower can I get?

Right after Einstein finished up the E=mc2 equation, he set to work on an even more important task.  The result was HP=$3.

Jerry

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2008, 12:29:42 PM »

And back on topic.....while I was sure there were more than a couple who haven't had any major issues with the 110", I've got to say that I am a little surprised at the number that's tallied so far, in this poll.  I guess that's good news for those owners. :2vrolijk_21:

S'cuse me for breathing

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2008, 02:23:23 PM »

B B

BB,
That's what it would appear to me, other than doing the usual top-end stuff (polishing and porting the heads, cams, etc.)  I thought Ken had stated that the 113 jugs use gaskets instead of o-rings.  I don't know if you just leave the o-rings out of the cases and then use the flat gaskets for the 113 jugs or not.  :nixweiss: 

2012 FLHXSE3

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 21 queries.