Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Author Topic: 110" poll for those with no major problems......  (Read 28042 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: 110" poll for those with no major problems......
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2008, 03:55:33 PM »

BB,
That's what it would appear to me, other than doing the usual top-end stuff (polishing and porting the heads, cams, etc.)  I thought Ken had stated that the 113 jugs use gaskets instead of o-rings.  I don't know if you just leave the o-rings out of the cases and then use the flat gaskets for the 113 jugs or not.  :nixweiss: 

:devil:

Thanks RedDevil
                       Here's my mindset for those who might think I'm taking this thread off topic. DC Fireman has made mention of a letter about to be sent out from the MoCo to 110 owners that may/may not be the resolution to the issues with that motor. If it is or if the MoCo feels it is then obviously the 2008 CVO models will continue to have 110 motors. We've had a pretty solid report that there will be an 09 SERG. Of course that gets me wound up as I love RG's so of course I want one BUT, I have never been one to leave a bike stock. Now I don't get too far out there, but I do like to kinda blueprint em so to speak and either finish what the beancounters at H-D Inc wouldn't let engineering finish or correct what's wrong with em. This thread has been a good source of info to me on what the issues are with them, but I hadn't seen anybody talk about what you could do with off the shelf Screamin Eagle parts with a 110.

B B

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2008, 04:29:02 PM »

Sorry to barge in your thread guys, but this seemed like the best place to ask the question(s) I have.

You know how with a 96" motor you can simply change out the top end and have a 103" ?

What can you do with the 110"

Can you put the 113" top end on it ? 

Anything- - - - and I'm talking using H-D parts

B B
Correct me if we are not talking the same thing but a conversion to a 103 includes a crank , rods and pistons. had it done on an 06 RG then flowed heads.
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2008, 04:41:45 PM »

from 07 and up you already have the crank thas how thet went from 88" to 96"
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2008, 05:04:08 PM »

from 07 and up you already have the crank thats how they went from 88" to 96"

BIGDOG
     So to go from 96" to 103" you only have to change the cylinders and pistons. The spigots are already the correct size for the larger cylinders. Essentially, it's the same mod that used to make a 95" from an 88"

You were wrong and you've been corrected  :P

B B

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2008, 05:04:45 PM »

from 07 and up you already have the crank thas how thet went from 88" to 96"

BINGO

Send that man a KIA Honda shirt!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

REGGAB

« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2008, 06:06:32 PM »

Thanks RedDevil
                       Here's my mindset for those who might think I'm taking this thread off topic. DC Fireman has made mention of a letter about to be sent out from the MoCo to 110 owners that may/may not be the resolution to the issues with that motor. If it is or if the MoCo feels it is then obviously the 2008 CVO models will continue to have 110 motors. We've had a pretty solid report that there will be an 09 SERG. Of course that gets me wound up as I love RG's so of course I want one BUT, I have never been one to leave a bike stock. Now I don't get too far out there, but I do like to kinda blueprint em so to speak and either finish what the beancounters at H-D Inc wouldn't let engineering finish or correct what's wrong with em. This thread has been a good source of info to me on what the issues are with them, but I hadn't seen anybody talk about what you could do with off the shelf Screamin Eagle parts with a 110.

B B

Where's Travis?

TRAVIS!   ;D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2008, 06:26:47 PM »

Where's Travis?

As in Travesty ?  ;)

B B

LabRat

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SECU Copper Canyon
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2008, 08:01:51 PM »

You'll have to ask JCZ but I would think any oil coming from the engine where it's not supposed to is MAJOR!

I guess I put it in perspective. Given the problems that some claim to have had with the 110", a little oil stain on the case to me isn't major. I'll have it fixed, but I just can't seem to want to stop riding it and I'm kinda waiting to see if this magical fix that has been talked about here materializes.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2008, 08:03:14 PM »

Just got my SEUC3 back from 1K service and all is well. Can't get on the Dyno until June 18 which means also the SuperTrapp SE slip-ons, Super Tuner, SE Stage 1 a/c will go on at the same time, hopefully. Dealer tells me the stock SEUC3 filter cover will not fit over Stage 1 filter so that's another $$$ if true. It's great engineering to pay top dollar for a SEUC3, emphasis on SE, and the SE cover won't fit over the SE filter. Also the cover is on moco back order. Question- has there been any difference in the number of 110 issues for people that dyno'd the bike before breakin as opposed to after?

From what I had to do and from what the service manager told me, the '07s had the round aluminum AC backer plate with the oval cover.  For '07 you only had to add the SE AC to get the air moving.

On the '08 like my SERK-4, I had to buy the new SE backer plate and remove my plastic AC backer plate.  The kit came with the new filter element and it was not the paper kind like in the past.  I installed the new round aluminum SE backer plate, bolted on the new filter and the outer bracket to mount the cover.  I just put on the cover and lined it up with the ground and the rubber outer edge of the filter holds the cover from rotating.  I put back on the little black rubber edge, but on the cover.  This gave me a finished look and the SE AC.  I think the kit was $149.95.  You remove the upper TB bracket and then use the new backer plate to hold the TB in place.

I hope this wasn't redundant to someone else's answer.  I looked but didn't see one.

Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2008, 08:32:15 PM »

From what I had to do and from what the service manager told me, the '07s had the round aluminum AC backer plate with the oval cover.  For '07 you only had to add the SE AC to get the air moving.

On the '08 like my SERK-4, I had to buy the new SE backer plate and remove my plastic AC backer plate.  The kit came with the new filter element and it was not the paper kind like in the past.  I installed the new round aluminum SE backer plate, bolted on the new filter and the outer bracket to mount the cover.  I just put on the cover and lined it up with the ground and the rubber outer edge of the filter holds the cover from rotating.  I put back on the little black rubber edge, but on the cover.  This gave me a finished look and the SE AC.  I think the kit was $149.95.  You remove the upper TB bracket and then use the new backer plate to hold the TB in place.

I hope this wasn't redundant to someone else's answer.  I looked but didn't see one.

The 07 SERKS had the round filter backing plate, but not the 07 SEUCs.  I had to have that put on and the plastic restricter cup taken off of my football cover.  Don't know why the SEUCs didn't get the SE back plate, but there you have it.

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2008, 09:07:01 PM »

Thanks RedDevil

B B

The only thing bolton you can do to a 110 with HDSE parts is SE 10.5:1 pistons. There are no bolton larger displacement kits for the 110. The SE113 needs to have the cases bored, which is no biggie if you're doing hot rod work on a 110. Cause you better do that bottom end if you're gonna up the HP in these things. Them stock bottom ends can't take much over 100 HP. So I guess you can say it can be made into a SE113. But so can any TC. The O-Ring grooves aren't a issue as you use base gasekets with these cylinders. The Axtell 110 barrels use base gaskets also. We used the O-Ring also to seal the groove.

I wouldn't let this motor stop anyone from buying a bike they love. The motor can be fixed! Damn, HD might even do that one day! After all, it ain't rocket science!!! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2008, 09:10:40 PM »

The 07 SERKS had the round filter backing plate, but not the 07 SEUCs.  I had to have that put on and the plastic restricter cup taken off of my football cover.  Don't know why the SEUCs didn't get the SE back plate, but there you have it.

Thanks for the correction.

:-[  :-[  :-[
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2008, 09:12:07 PM »

The only thing bolton you can do to a 110 with HDSE parts is SE 10.5:1 pistons. There are no bolton larger displacement kits for the 110. The SE113 needs to have the cases bored, which is no biggie if you're doing hot rod work on a 110. Cause you better do that bottom end if you're gonna up the HP in these things. Them stock bottom ends can't take much over 100 HP. So I guess you can say it can be made into a SE113. But so can any TC. The O-Ring grooves aren't a issue as you use base gasekets with these cylinders. The Axtell 110 barrels use base gaskets also. We used the O-Ring also to seal the groove.

I wouldn't let this motor stop anyone from buying a bike they love. The motor can be fixed! Damn, HD might even do that one day! After all, it ain't rocket science!!! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Not all of us are Rockefeller cousins Howard

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2008, 09:14:43 PM »

Not all of us are Rockefeller cousins Howard

B B

That's the only answer to your original question. $ aside, that's your only SE choice with a 110. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2008, 09:17:46 PM »

That's the only answer to your original question. $ aside, that's your only SE choice with a 110. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Which is why if the 2009 SERG is a 110, I'll pass.

It cost me under $5k parts (including breather,exhaust and SERT) and labor to bump LD from a 96" to a 103" As I recall the total was around $4,700.

Pull the motor, bore the case yada yada yada and you're over $10k. I'd be better off spending the $10k on a TP 124 for LD.

B B
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.252 seconds with 21 queries.