Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Just checking in--twolane  (Read 3938 times)

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
Re: Just checking in--twolane
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2008, 11:51:20 PM »

I just got home from 5 hours of lecture on what is supposed to be a graduate course on the philosophy, principles, and practices of the management of quality assurance.  After listening to Dr. White yammer on about the five C's of communication, one of those C's being "concise," as well as giving a complete drill down of Maslow, negative reinforcement as a behavior modification technique, replenishable and non-replenishable organizational resources, the "Arsenal of Venice," a full hour spent dissecting operational definition, and realizing marketing results.................I'm left sitting in my chair in the classroom laughing to myself.  Then I realize my peers are doing likewise.  We're not looking for a CQM certification, or even a Lean/6 Sigma black belt, but it seems we're all left wondering if the university did any QA on this guy's program of instruction.  Of course, he could be gathering data for a second doctoral dissertation on using "irony" as a teaching technique.  If my mind wasn't tattered at 5pm this evening when class started, it certainly was at 10pm.   :huepfenlol2:

Damn, this beer is good!   :2vrolijk_21:

my personal favorite was the Army Distance Learning Conference....  flying people in from all over the world to discuss how to avoid doing just that

REGGAB

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2008, 11:57:21 PM »

my personal favorite was the Army Distance Learning Conference....  flying people in from all over the world to discuss how to avoid doing just that

:ROFLOL:   :zroflmao:  It is amazing how we do what we say we're not going to do when we do it even when we don't do it before we've done it only to do it all over again just to do it then do it some more so we'll be trained not to do it but wind up doing it and then not doing it.   :nixweiss:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2008, 11:59:33 PM »

I just got home from 5 hours of lecture on what is supposed to be a graduate course on the philosophy, principles, and practices of the management of quality assurance.  After listening to Dr. White yammer on about the five C's of communication, one of those C's being "concise," as well as giving a complete drill down of Maslow, negative reinforcement as a behavior modification technique, replenishable and non-replenishable organizational resources, the "Arsenal of Venice," a full hour spent dissecting operational definition, and realizing marketing results.................I'm left sitting in my chair in the classroom laughing to myself.  Then I realize my peers are doing likewise.  We're not looking for a CQM certification, or even a Lean/6 Sigma black belt, but it seems we're all left wondering if the university did any QA on this guy's program of instruction.  Of course, he could be gathering data for a second doctoral dissertation on using "irony" as a teaching technique.  If my mind wasn't tattered at 5pm this evening when class started, it certainly was at 10pm.   :huepfenlol2:

Damn, this beer is good!   :2vrolijk_21:

Oh god.  I used to cringe whenever I heard some twit start rattling on about Abraham Maslow and the Heirarchy of Need.  Every half assed prof in western civilization uses that lecture crutch.

For me Maslow proved Pavlov.  Whenever I heard the name I salivated and took a bite out of some wankers lecture for wasting my time.

If you sat through all that you're a far more patient soul then I am Henry.  Sounds like a lecture designed to make a guy wizz in someone's Post Toasties.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2008, 12:02:00 AM »

:ROFLOL:   :zroflmao:  It is amazing how we do what we say we're not going to do when we do it even when we don't do it before we've done it only to do it all over again just to do it then do it some more so we'll be trained not to do it but wind up doing it and then not doing it.   :nixweiss:

absolutely

i think

LOL

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2008, 12:03:40 AM »

absolutely

i think

LOL

Scot, I think Henry made my brain go all screwy.  Ok, screwier :( .

REGGAB

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2008, 12:11:25 AM »

Scot, I think Henry made my brain go all screwy.  Ok, screwier :( .

Yeah.  Me too.  And they say this crap is good for us.  Right now, the only good I envision is filling the spot on the wall next to my undergraduate degree with a graduate degree.   :huepfenjump3:

REGGAB

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2008, 12:12:43 AM »

Oh god.  I used to cringe whenever I heard some twit start rattling on about Abraham Maslow and the Heirarchy of Need.  Every half assed prof in western civilization uses that lecture crutch.

For me Maslow proved Pavlov.  Whenever I heard the name I salivated and took a bite out of some wankers lecture for wasting my time.

If you sat through all that you're a far more patient soul then I am Henry.  Sounds like a lecture designed to make a guy wizz in someone's Post Toasties.

:ROFLOL:  9 more weeks of this chit.   :(

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2008, 12:19:48 AM »

Yeah.  Me too.  And they say this crap is good for us.  Right now, the only good I envision is filling the spot on the wall next to my undergraduate degree with a graduate degree.   :huepfenjump3:

Hey buddy, I told you before.  I'm not using mine.  You can borrow them anytime you want :huepfenlol2: .

REGGAB

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2008, 12:25:07 AM »

Hey buddy, I told you before.  I'm not using mine.  You can borrow them anytime you want :huepfenlol2: .

:zroflmao:  That'd be great.  Just remove your thesis from turnitin.com and forward to me............and I'll plagiarize the hell out of it.   :huepfenlol2:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2008, 12:31:06 AM »

:zroflmao:  That'd be great.  Just remove your thesis from turnitin.com and forward to me............and I'll plagiarize the hell out of it.   :huepfenlol2:

Remove it?  Hell, where do you think I got the thesis and dissertation from :nixweiss::huepfenlol2:

REGGAB

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2008, 12:36:09 AM »

Remove it?  Hell, where do you think I got the thesis and dissertation from :nixweiss::huepfenlol2:

:ROFLOL:  Now that's what I call realization of Maslow's Hierarchy!   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3:

vagabond6542

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2008, 12:50:08 PM »

Welh...I can now understand the no phone call yesterday.
I'm glad you took the day off.  I would have done it also.
Enjoy the beers, bro.   :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2008, 01:00:51 PM »

Welh...I can now understand the no phone call yesterday.
I'm glad you took the day off.  I would have done it also.
Enjoy the beers, bro.   :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :2vrolijk_21:

Must have missed it.  Sorry 'bout that.  It was a nice day.  vroom vroom :2vrolijk_21: .
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 22 queries.