Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: My SERK is stuck in the garage!!!  (Read 2723 times)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
Re: My SERK is stuck in the garage!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 05:52:31 PM »

This morning for some reason the opener would not work (turns out the GFI had tripped) so I lifted the door after disengaging the opener...

It was freaking HEAVY - as in it took all of my strength to get it open.  Got my KLR out and just about slammed the door on my foot letting it close.

Get home tonight, check the power - GFI tripped (still not sure why) and looked up and I have a cracked/broken torsion spring.  Of course nobody is answering their phones at 1800.   :wall: :wall:

So the KLR is stuck outside and the SERK is stuck inside until I get a repair done - and I am not messing with a torsion spring, I have this affinity for my digits and eyeballs.  At least the correct bike is stuck safely inside.

What a pain!!

Sean
Mine broke Sunday, small world.  I disconnected the door from the opener so no one tried the button and wrecks EVERYTHING.  It'll wait until I can round up the $200 or so for a repair.  Since I'm going to the Adirondacks for a CVO GTG this weekend it may be a while.  I'm dedicating every resource for that trip.  No one ever accused me of not having my priorities straight!
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: My SERK is stuck in the garage!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 09:09:42 AM »

Roger that! "Jason" will be there in about 10 minutes, covered up the SERK to keep prying eyes away from my baby...  And the wife has orders to shoot if he touches any of my tools.

I hate letting others do work on my stuff - but am smart enough to realize the things have enough energy to kill or maim!   :'(

Sean

I installed garage doors when I was a in highschool, tortion springs can be dangerous. A buddy had one of the bars used to wind the spring slip and the other pinned his arm against the wall, didn't break it, but it swelled up like a balloon! If you get two guys to lift the door, you can take vise grips and lock them to the flat side of the track just below the bottom wheel and it will keep it up while you get stuff out. Once the door is up, there's really no weight to hold up, it all on the horizontal track. We use to install these doors by our selves, it was a bear to get them up and clamp the vise grips on the track.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 22 queries.