Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Looking for 110 build advice-2008 SERK  (Read 3836 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Looking for 110 build advice-2008 SERK
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2008, 11:28:35 AM »

Like I said, I don't own one so it's just my opinion.

Just for chits and giggles sake however

When you say direct replacement for the 110, you don't mean that the Jim's is a 110, only that it's a drop in motor correct ?

I thought the Jim's motor was a 120 and I've heard nothing but great reviews of that motor

B B

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2008, 11:42:33 AM »

Like I said, I don't own one so it's just my opinion.

Just for chits and giggles sake however

When you say direct replacement for the 110, you don't mean that the Jim's is a 110, only that it's a drop in motor correct ?
I thought the Jim's motor was a 120 and I've heard nothing but great reviews of that motor

B B

Yeah, B B...the JIMS is not a 110, but it is the only direct drop in replacement for the 110.  No one else makes a drop in replacement, 110 or otherwise.  I'm sure it is a great motor - just not my nature to buy a crate motor - I find it more of a challenge to create a unique solution.  Just my opinion...

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2008, 11:46:03 AM »

Yeah, B B...the JIMS is not a 110, but it is the only direct drop in replacement for the 110.  No one else makes a drop in replacement, 110 or otherwise.  I'm sure it is a great motor - just not my nature to buy a crate motor - I find it more of a challenge to create a unique solution.  Just my opinion...

And your opinions are always solid sadunbar. My take was simply that given how some people feel about modified motors etc, if you're the type who trades bikes every few years, being able to drop the stock motor back in with stock exahust etc would be a plus on the sale and your hard earned dollars spent on the Jim's wouldn't be sold for pennies. What is the price on the Jim's motor ? I had a chance to buy a Jim's 120 for $7k when I bought LD and I kick myself now for not going with it.

B B
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 11:51:40 AM by SPIDERMAN »

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2008, 11:53:35 AM »

And your opinions are always solid sadunbar. My take was simply that given who some people feel about modified motors etc, if you're the type who trades bikes every few years, being able to drop the stock motor back in with stock exahust etc would be a plus on the sale and your hard earned dollars spent on the Jim's wouldn't be sold for pennies. What is the price on the Jim's motor ?

B B

hehe...now we need to morph over to the humor section!  Stock 110 motor enhancing sales potential??   ???  That sounds like MOCO sales-speak!  Just playin with you on a rainy Sunday morning before the race starts, B B.   ::)   I get your point...  ;)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

ace07fxdl

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2008, 11:57:16 AM »

Ahhh  Another of the voices in my nugget! Ace, I know this is a difficult decision, bottom line...it's your scoot, your money! I spent a lot of money and would do it again given the same set of circumstances. But I was not "very happy".

JW

Why were'nt you happy? I have the same bike as you do and would like to know.

One thing having this 110 and a 96 to compare it to is it made me appreciate more power. I don't ride my 07 lowrider much anymore. I ride two-up all the time and I rode a 120" Ironhorse chopper in Myrtle Beach and now I want that kind of power in my RK. I'm leaning towards leaving it alone after reading everyones advice. I am really very happy so far with my SERK especially since the stage 1 A/C, pipes and re-map.

2008 FLHRSE4 SERK
Twilight Blue & Candy Cobalt

"Chance favors the prepared mind" - Louis Pasteur

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2008, 02:57:18 PM »

Why were'nt you happy? I have the same bike as you do and would like to know.

I'm leaning towards leaving it alone after reading everyones advice. I am really very happy so far with my SERK especially since the stage 1 A/C, pipes and re-map.

I love my SERK. However, my rear cylinder liner let go with less than 3800 miles. That tends to make me unhappy after spending close to $30,000.00. I know I could have replaced it under warranty, I decided I had the money (and could make more) to go aftermarket (Axtell) for cylinders. Then I just couldn't leave it alone and went to a 117 ci. I'm having some issues with it, I think it the Race Tuner in relationship to the 58mm Throttle Body. I will get this figured out.

My only advice is if your "very happy" ..put a race tuner or super tuner on it and ride like the wind. Keep the painted parts up! :)

JW

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2008, 03:13:44 PM »

I love my SERK. However, my rear cylinder liner let go with less than 3800 miles. That tends to make me unhappy after spending close to $30,000.00. I know I could have replaced it under warranty, I decided I had the money (and could make more) to go aftermarket (Axtell) for cylinders. Then I just couldn't leave it alone and went to a 117 ci. I'm having some issues with it, I think it the Race Tuner in relationship to the 58mm Throttle Body. I will get this figured out.

My only advice is if your "very happy" ..put a race tuner or super tuner on it and ride like the wind. Keep the painted parts up! :)

JW

JW
      What's not to like about any Road King, let alone one as nice as yours. Wasn't so long ago I had site member call Elvis a "Circus act " because I put Wild 1 Chubby Apes on it. Seems Big E has a lot of company nowadays. Anyway, post some more pics of your ride for us. Always enjoy seeing what somebody has done to make a nice bike even better

B B

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 01:06:27 AM »

Thanks B B   I really do think this is my best scoot to date. I'm looking to up grade the seat as well as the handlebars. I think the RK is a very good platform.

JW

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 12:29:32 PM »

Thanks B B   I really do think this is my best scoot to date. I'm looking to up grade the seat as well as the handlebars. I think the RK is a very good platform.

JW

JW
      CVOJoe has the contact info on a company that makes a split windshield bag so you can retain your tach and still have storage for sunglasses etc. He's got one on his 03 SERK and it's a nice item 

B B
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.