Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Lost confidence in Rinehart !!!  (Read 23317 times)

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Lost confidence in Rinehart !!!
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2008, 07:47:08 PM »

emmm..... lets get a little crafty here,,, maybe,, just maybe you can find someone with a set of Rinehart's and use there warranty. what the heck it seems they are chiten on your Cheerios so chit back... i certainly would,

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2008, 08:12:35 PM »

emmm..... lets get a little crafty here,,, maybe,, just maybe you can find someone with a set of Rinehart's and use there warranty. what the heck it seems they are chiten on your Cheerios so chit back... i certainly would,

Great idea but I bit the bullet today and had my dealer order chrome end caps for $150.00. I don't think I will regret it at all since I have never been a big fan of the black caps.

Additionally: I called BUB corp today and spoke with a female (cannot remember her name) who identified herself as the supervisor that oversees the warranty dept. She flat out refused to help me out or cut me any kind of discount on replacement caps. She informed me that the her company has NEVER replaced any parts under warranty without confirmation of date of purchase and that internet chat forums are not reliable sources or information to base my concern or complaint. She advised that because my exhaust system is out of warranty I am on my own. I hung up on her after informing her my next bike would not have Rineharts it, she didn't seem to care one bit.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 08:19:11 PM »

Great idea but I bit the bullet today and had my dealer order chrome end caps for $150.00. I don't think I will regret it at all since I have never been a big fan of the black caps.

Additionally: I called BUB corp today and spoke with a female (cannot remember her name) who identified herself as the supervisor that oversees the warranty dept. She flat out refused to help me out or cut me any kind of discount on replacement caps. She informed me that the her company has NEVER replaced any parts under warranty without confirmation of date of purchase and that internet chat forums are not reliable sources or information to base my concern or complaint. She advised that because my exhaust system is out of warranty I am on my own. I hung up on her after informing her my next bike would not have Rineharts it, she didn't seem to care one bit.

It is to bad when customers of a company know more about the history of how the company has handled situations then the employees - especially supervisors or managers...  It seems as though Bub's has lost their way in the customer service and customer relations areas...which is to bad...  When the Rinehart Tru Duals were having some quality issues with the rear cylinder header breaking at the clamp point, it was their customer service that pulled them thru and maintained their reputation...   :-\
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• Taillight Solutions
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 08:22:02 PM »

It is to bad when customers of a company know more about the history of how the company has handled situations then the employees - especially supervisors or managers...  It seems as though Bub's has lost their way in the customer service and customer relations areas...which is to bad...  When the Rinehart Tru Duals were having some quality issues with the rear cylinder header breaking at the clamp point, it was their customer service that pulled them thru and maintained their reputation...   :-\

I agree 100% and that is one of the main reasons I did business with Bub three seperate times on all my bikes. In today's shaky economy you don't think a company like Bub would want to piss away customers like they just did. All over some very inexpensive end caps !!! Go figure  :nixweiss:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2008, 08:38:27 PM »

Actually, I think the end caps are a good source of profit for Reinhart. The charge $99 each chrome or black. Same price either way. Now go figure on that ?

Quite some time ago, Hubbard posted some really good thoughts on warranty coverage. Seeing as how he owns a truck dealership, I took what he said to heart so to speak. Perhaps if he reads this he'll post it again. I know it changed my perspective of the whole issue of warranty coverage.

B B

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2008, 01:37:28 AM »

Bub's seems to have the market in the bag for True Dual exhaust set ups. I see Reinhardt's on piratically every Harley touring bike i see on the road.  I've seen a few Samson Caliper True Duals and thinking when I do an exhaust change out I'm going to try the Samon's out. I wish they were a little quieter though, but i did hear there is company making quiet baffles that perform well for almost all exhaust systems. I haven't found this company yet, but i hear a lot about them.. Anyone know who they are??

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2008, 01:58:46 AM »

Bub's seems to have the market in the bag for True Dual exhaust set ups. I see Reinhardt's on piratically every Harley touring bike i see on the road.  I've seen a few Samson Caliper True Duals and thinking when I do an exhaust change out I'm going to try the Samon's out. I wish they were a little quieter though, but i did hear there is company making quiet baffles that perform well for almost all exhaust systems. I haven't found this company yet, but i hear a lot about them.. Anyone know who they are??

Too bad that Rinehart seems to have turned this rather negative corner in their consumer relations.  The only thing had me even considering their products previously, and that got me to buy the one set of their exhaust I did, was their positive history in that arena.  Hate to see any company have to step away from being as good and proactive as they'd been before.  If tighter margins are causing it one can only hope the decision isn't dangerously shortsighted.

Gordy, if you're considering the Samson products keep one thing in the back of your mind.  Have seen a few of theirs that the chroming wasn't outstanding on.  Cosmetically challenged.  Didn't look like they'd stand up over the long haul at all.  Just eyeball the product real close before you guy.  Hopefully it's something they're much better at now than they might have been previously.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2008, 08:36:50 AM »

As sportygordy noted, lots of Harley touring models have had Rinehart's installed over the past 8 years or so.  A few years back it almost looked like they became stock, since so many folks were having them installed prior to picking up their new bike.  I personally never felt the need to spend a grand on what I viewed as an overrated and excessively loud system that locks you in to using their mufflers, but then I never was a typical Harley guy.

If you like the "true dual" type of system, there are plenty of other options out there.  Vance & Hines has been selling their version for lots of years, and because they use standard size head pipes you can use any muffler made to fit a stock bike.  They have a reputation for excellent fit and finish, and from my unscientific observation I would also say that their chrome plating is among the best out there.  If I were to decide to go "true dual", that would be the route I would take.

Perhaps Rinehart is feeling the pinch of increased competition, now that every pipe bender out there offers their own version of "true duals".  They may have also lost some market share over the rear pipe breakage issue which was widely reported here and elsewhere.  Whatever the reason, it's a shame that short term financial interests seem to have won out once again over customer service and integrity.  And if I was Gerald Rinehart, I would be embarrassed by the fact that the part of the system that actually bears my name won't hold up more than one season.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2008, 10:12:47 AM »

I had one of the first sets of Rineharts here - in 2002 as I recall.  Bet Bub sold dozens of sets from folks who saw them on my bike at Bike Nights, rallies, etc.  Everybody loved the sound and the look.  At first they were problematic - clamp problems, header with a hole in it, slip ons with holes, etc.  Bub always made the problems good, including end caps.  Now they are riding high & Bub has a newer set of true duals, also. Sales must be phenomenal.

Figure DD 2 in 1's are in my future, based on Bub's responses here.  To be fair, I ALWAYS faxed them my receipts prior to any parts replacement, but that was at times well beyond a year.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2008, 03:31:56 PM »

I'm a Vance and Hines man myself.  I've got the true duals and ovals on my SEUC and Pro Pipe on my Street Glide.  The fit and finish has been first rate and I've not had a problem with them requiring me to contact V&H. 

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2008, 08:15:13 PM »

I had one of the first sets of Rineharts here - in 2002 as I recall.  Bet Bub sold dozens of sets from folks who saw them on my bike at Bike Nights, rallies, etc.  Everybody loved the sound and the look.  At first they were problematic - clamp problems, header with a hole in it, slip ons with holes, etc.  Bub always made the problems good, including end caps.  Now they are riding high & Bub has a newer set of true duals, also. Sales must be phenomenal.

Figure DD 2 in 1's are in my future, based on Bub's responses here.  To be fair, I ALWAYS faxed them my receipts prior to any parts replacement, but that was at times well beyond a year.

As I recall, the previous Warranty Manager was Karen. Linnea is the new WM. Karen had a great reputation for taking care of their customers. From a comment Dennis Manning made the first time we met him at the IMS show in '07, they felt Karen was too much on the side of the customer. When he told me Karen was nolonger there, I said that it was a shame because she was so gerat to work with. I forgot how he put it, but his review of her wasn't quite as glowing as mine. :nixweiss:

:indian_chief:

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• Taillight Solutions
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2008, 09:01:38 PM »

As I recall, the previous Warranty Manager was Karen. Linnea is the new WM. Karen had a great reputation for taking care of their customers. From a comment Dennis Manning made the first time we met him at the IMS show in '07, they felt Karen was too much on the side of the customer. When he told me Karen was no longer there, I said that it was a shame because she was so great to work with. I forgot how he put it, but his review of her wasn't quite as glowing as mine. :nixweiss:

:indian_chief:

Chief,

You are absolutely correct. Karen was excellent to deal with and even offered to send me a new header pipe if I had to damage mine to allow clearance for the Bosch O2 sensor provided by Zippers. This said allot about the company IMO and I am seriously disappointed about her replacement (Linnea). She (Linnea) was very cold and totally unwilling to help me in any way. I told her I would NOT do business with Rinehart again and her reply was "I'm sorry you feel that way." After hearing that I decided I would never do business with Rinehart again and I am seriously shocked that Dennis made those comments about how Karen was too accommodating to the customers. After reading this I have decided that Rinehart has really lost it's vision and concept. Without decent customer service or appreciation that company will eventually start to sink like a wounded ship. Good Luck Bub/Rinehart !!!

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2008, 09:47:50 PM »

One of the earlier set of Rineharts I owned had the welded tab for the rear header pipe.  The tab broke off and left a hole in the header 3 days before I was leaving for Sturgis.  I called Karen and told her I needed her best fast solution.  I live about 25 miles from the Rinehart manufacturing plant in Janesville, WI.  Karen called the manufacturing plant and had a new replacement header pipe, clamps and gaskets delivered to my house within 2 hours of my phone call.  That is customer service...  It is unfortunate that Karen's care for the customer was viewed as a negative by Denis.  That is a blind eye as to why customers are loyal to a brand.   :(
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2008, 04:31:11 PM »

Seems a good place to post this. Bought a used set of Bassani mufflers off the site here. Had to take em apart, buy some new end caps,replace some bunged up hardware,  polish, polish, and polish some more to get the bluing out of them, but finally got them squared away and installed with Bubba_T's Bassani head pipes for a matched system. First off, the sound was no where near as loud as I expected looking through the mufflers, nice heavy mellow sound cruising around. Really crisp, nasty sound when you get on it hard. . 2nd, the performance characteristics of the system are excellent. They do just what we wanted them to. When / If I get away from the stock headpipes and SE Mufflers on LD, I'll be going with Bassani. I say this because I had been a huge Reinhart fan prior to this.

B B

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2008, 12:56:15 PM »

I have a question. As H-D (being the largest MC Mfgr) releases new engine sizes the aftermarket exhaust industry scrambles to play catchup. Most of the big names have made changes to their exhuast systems over the years however it appears that Reinhart sits pat with the same design they've had since BUB introduced the line. Seems like the 110 could have used it's own design and now obviously, the new 09 models will require something completely new. What gives ?

B B

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 05:38:17 PM by SPIDERMAN »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 21 queries.