Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Cost of CVO Dyna Wide Glide  (Read 13678 times)

bigskyhd

Cost of CVO Dyna Wide Glide
« on: June 22, 2008, 09:33:22 PM »

After returning from a little 3 day 1000 miler, we stopped for lunch.  There was a gorgeous Red and Chrome CVO 110 Dyna Wide Glide in the lodge parking lot.  A thorough look stimulated a discussion on cost.  Anyone out there with an accurate cost on this particular model?  I don't have the year but I'm pretty sure is a very recent model..  My buddy and I have a bet.  I said about $28K, and he's saying $35K.  Help?  Thanks, CCRyder

SPIDERMAN

Re: Cost of CVO Dyna Wide Glide
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 09:41:37 PM »

After returning from a little 3 day 1000 miler, we stopped for lunch.  There was a gorgeous Red and Chrome CVO 110 Dyna Wide Glide in the lodge parking lot.  A thorough look stimulated a discussion on cost.  Anyone out there with an accurate cost on this particular model?  I don't have the year but I'm pretty sure is a very recent model..  My buddy and I have a bet.  I said about $28K, and he's saying $35K.  Help?  Thanks, CCRyder

Red and chrome Dyna would probably be an 07. The 01 had gold leaf. You're both a bit high. I believe they listed at around $25k MSRP Sweet ride though. 103 motor, quite lightweight for the power in the motor. Beautiful bike to look at Chip and Nancy's buddy had one he'd just bought at MV 06

B B

bigskyhd

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 09:45:57 PM »

Thanks Spiderman, you may have just won me a big fat steak dinner.   :2vrolijk_21:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 09:51:24 PM »

Red and chrome Dyna would probably be an 07. The 01 had gold leaf. You're both a bit high. I believe they listed at around $25k MSRP Sweet ride though. 103 motor , quite lightweight for the power in the motor. Beautiful bike to look at Chip and Nancy's buddy had one he'd just bought at MV 06

B B
103's didn't come out until '03 wouldn't they be a 80/95ci?

Also little confused if this indeed had the 110ci badge on the motor then it wasn't a "Wide Glide" either. :confused5:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 09:51:57 PM »

Thanks Spiderman, you may have just won me a big fat steak dinner.   :2vrolijk_21:

d00d, you'd make a lousy lawyer. I didn't say the 01 had a 103, I said this one which is most likely a 07 has a 103. As to the wide glide. The only thing it would take to make an 07 SE Dyna look like a wideglide is a pair of apes. They already have a smaller front wheel etc.

:worthless:   

Sorry, I hate this emoticon, but it's the only way to resolve this 

B B
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 09:54:16 PM by SPIDERMAN »

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 09:58:36 PM »

d00d, you'd make a lousy lawyer. I didn't say the 01 had a 103, I said this one which is most likely a 07 has a 103. As to the wide glide. The only thing it would take to make an 07 SE Dyna look like a wideglide is a pair of apes. They already have a smaller front wheel etc.

B B

07...110...was there a leak at the rear cylinder?...that would resolve the mystery... :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

bigskyhd

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 10:01:38 PM »

Sorry, no photo available, but I KNOW that it was badged on the air cleaner with the 110 logo.  I sure thought it was a wide glide, with the bobbed rear fender, chrome shocks, and inverted front forks.  Am I wrong on this?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 10:02:19 PM »

BigSkyHD?  Story behind your username?  Dealer affiliated?  Colorado rider (we've got several of those in the membership here)?  How about a little intro?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 10:03:34 PM »

Sorry, no photo available, but I KNOW that it was badged on the air cleaner with the 110 logo.  I sure thought it was a wide glide, with the bobbed rear fender, chrome shocks, and inverted front forks.  Am I wrong on this?

Nope, you just described it to a T  2007 Screamin Eagle Dyna. Only mistake you made is that the model isn't a wide glide. The came with a stylized drap bar setup  Probably the one you saw had apehangers on it ?

B B

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 10:03:39 PM »

B B
Didn't the 07's have a 110ci also. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

bigskyhd

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 10:05:37 PM »

I didn't see any leak at the rear cylinder.  This thing was spotless, like it just came off the show room floor.  We were coming out of a rain in the morning and all of our bikes were filty, so that made it look at the better. :-\

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 10:05:41 PM »

A picture being worth the several words it is; check the HD website here for the current CVO models including the Dyna.  If you don't see it there I'm sure the prior model's images can be provided in short order.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/CVOs/2008/2008_cvo.jsp?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 10:06:23 PM »

The only SE 110 model with a bobbed rear fender is the springer...
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

bigskyhd

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 10:25:29 PM »

Hey Twolaner, by way of introduction, no, I'm not a dealer.  I live in Montana, and I've been riding about 40+ years, and the last 20 years have been on Harley's.  Late 60s or early 70's was my first HD, and it was a piece of crap.  I was wrenching on it more than riding it.  Went JAP.  Had a blast.  Came back to HD with the EVO's.  Currently riding a Road King. Retired from the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency.  Worked and have ridden all over the country, both coasts, every big rally, and many of the great roads this country offers.  Been retired in Montana for 5 years, and I'm riding the tires off at least twice a year.  Just turned 63,000 on my King.  Would love a new Ultra CVO, but I'm having a hard time justifying it on a fixed pension with this economy.  Riding mostly with sport bike riders that ride a little more aggressively and yet controlled, and no bar time pouring down booze like many HD riders (NOT ALL, I KNOW) but a little more spirited rides, canyons, sport touring, etc.  I'm the only HD rider in the group.  But it doesn't really bother me.  It bothers them more.  I wish I could find a good group of HD riders that really enjoy riding more than the lifestyle, talking about riding, actually putting some miles in the seat, less drinking, etc.  Enough of that.  I checked the photo you listed and the bike I saw was NOT a 2008 CVO Dyna.  Hope this helps.  New to this forum, usually hang out at HD Forum in Touring.  Thanks.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 10:28:31 PM »

Hey Twolaner, by way of introduction, no, I'm not a dealer.  I live in Montana, and I've been riding about 40+ years, and the last 20 years have been on Harley's.  Late 60s or early 70's was my first HD, and it was a piece of crap.  I was wrenching on it more than riding it.  Went JAP.  Had a blast.  Came back to HD with the EVO's.  Currently riding a Road King. Retired from the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency.  Worked and have ridden all over the country, both coasts, every big rally, and many of the great roads this country offers.  Been retired in Montana for 5 years, and I'm riding the tires off at least twice a year.  Just turned 63,000 on my King.  Would love a new Ultra CVO, but I'm having a hard time justifying it on a fixed pension with this economy.  Riding mostly with sport bike riders that ride a little more aggressively and yet controlled, and no bar time pouring down booze like many HD riders (NOT ALL, I KNOW) but a little more spirited rides, canyons, sport touring, etc.  I'm the only HD rider in the group.  But it doesn't really bother me.  It bothers them more.  I wish I could find a good group of HD riders that really enjoy riding more than the lifestyle, talking about riding, actually putting some miles in the seat, less drinking, etc.  Enough of that.  I checked the photo you listed and the bike I saw was NOT a 2008 CVO Dyna.  Hope this helps.  New to this forum, usually hang out at HD Forum in Touring.  Thanks.

Thanks for the introduction and welcome!  I hope you decide to hang around.  We are a pretty friendly and fun bunch... :2vrolijk_21:
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 10:30:31 PM »

Welcome aboard.  Sounds like you're having a grand time.  Like Scott mentioned above when you said bobber fender I thought Springer also.  But of course the fronts are so different those aren't bikes you can confuse. 

The older CVO dynas were pre-110.  So if you saw some 110 badging it's not them either.  So who knows.  Maybe someone hung some 110 badging on a non-CVO bike :nixweiss: ?

In any case your buddy's 35k price was high high for any CVO dyna, older or newer, so you still won the bet.  Hope it's a good steak!  Have fun and keep the rubber down.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 10:31:37 PM »

Thanks for the introduction and welcome!  I hope you decide to hang around.  We are a pretty friendly and fun bunch... :2vrolijk_21:

Except for Scott.  He's a chithead. 

No, wait, that was Chip.

Dammit, maybe it was me :confused5: ?

bigskyhd

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2008, 10:34:18 PM »

Thanks, and glad to be here.  Sounds like a pretty good group.  So to all, am I safe telling my buddy 25K on the bike we saw, and walk it to the bank?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2008, 10:37:43 PM »

Thanks, and glad to be here.  Sounds like a pretty good group.  So to all, am I safe telling my buddy 25K on the bike we saw, and walk it to the bank?

Current model CVO Dyna is the most expensive yet.  You can document it's $25k price here.  So it should cover you for both current and historical purposes.  Enjoy the steak :2vrolijk_21: .

http://www.harley-davidson.com/PR/MOT/2008/08_specs_print.asp?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US&dwp=&market=US&family=cvo&model=fxdse&modelsection=specs&measureCheck=English&specTable=showall

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2008, 10:38:47 PM »

Except for Scott.  He's a chithead. 

No, wait, that was Chip.

Dammit, maybe it was me :confused5: ?

It's AJ.

For the record, me, Don and Scott know nothing about chrome hinges or dremels!

Yup, it's AJ!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2008, 10:39:56 PM »

It's AJ.

Yup, it's AJ!

Oh yeah, I forgot. 

What Chip said ^ !

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2008, 10:41:31 PM »

It's AJ.

Yup, it's AJ!

Yeah...for the record!  nothing...nada...
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2008, 10:48:19 PM »

Yeah...for the record!  nothing...nada...

Yeah, an even NGIA has no imagery proving otherwise :huepfenlol2: !

(poor new guy, doesn't have a clue yet what he's gotten in the middle of)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2008, 10:51:08 PM »

Damn, it took D00d an hour and 20 minutes to move this thread.  You feelin' ok tonight Gary? :-\

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2008, 10:51:49 PM »

(see, no sarcasm from me at all)

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008, 11:09:02 AM »

The red  01 fxdwg2 had a stock 88 " TC , as did the blue and black 02 FXDWG3's  I had a lot of fun with my 02.

They went to 95" for the non baggers in 03 , now of course they all have 110"s
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2008, 11:51:43 AM »

The only SE 110 model with a bobbed rear fender is the springer...

Why didn't I just leave this thread alone ? Why did I have to try and be d00d and post on every thread ?  Why is my head up my a$$ ?  :D

B B

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2008, 12:55:10 PM »

Why didn't I just leave this thread alone ? Why did I have to try and be d00d and post on every thread ?  Why is my head up my a$$ ?  :D

B B

All good questions....   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :oops:
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2008, 01:53:49 PM »

B B
It's all good Bro we are here for you. ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2008, 03:02:35 PM »

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 03:06:30 PM »

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 21 queries.