CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Exhaust Concerns

(1/7) > >>

nhFLSTFSE:
Here's a topic that should cause some concern. But first please answer my???
I recently purchased an aftermarket exhaust (V&H) but if failed(112) state decibel rating.
I prefer the aftermarket for styling & performance.  I have asked the manufacturer for assistance.  NH is suppossed to be testing more this year and my local dealer indicated only certain ones..
Does anyone know the ratings for any of these HD p/ns:
80444-03
80223-02
80390-01

Any feedback on these would help

DCFIREMANN:

--- Quote ---Here's a topic that should cause some concern. But first please answer my???
I recently purchased an aftermarket exhaust (V&H) but if failed(112) state decibel rating.
I prefer the aftermarket for styling & performance.  I have asked the manufacturer for assistance.  NH is suppossed to be testing more this year and my local dealer indicated only certain ones..
80444-03
80223-02
80390-01

--- End quote ---

NH I can't help you out on this one. I do know the Harley Screamin Eagle exhaust systems are louder than the one that came on your bike from the factory but not as loud
as most aftermarket exhaust systems. I can't believe they have noise laws that they enforce. There has to be ways around the law.

BE SAFE

THE DAWG

mr_magoo:
The noise issue is a huge problem they gave 515 tickets in daytona for noise.  The motor company has made this the topic of the year.  Our local law enforcement has started to test when they pull you over.

DCFIREMANN:
Well one thing about it I don't run drag pipes I never have and never will. The Thunder header, D&D fat kat and the true duals are a bit loud but not till you really get into it. I think the problem is the noise from the drag pipes. I just hope we don't go through this in Maryland.

BE SAFE

THE DAWG

Willie D:

--- Quote ---Here's a topic that should cause some concern. But first please answer my???
80444-03
80223-02
80390-01

--- End quote ---

WOW, I bet this will put a big hit on Laconia this year. I know that the 'Americade' folks
have said for years that they will not toloerate loud pipes.
I didn't have any problems with my Bassani True Dual/Thunder Cones last year. I think a lot of it is how you ride it. I agree with 'Dawg' !
But as MM has said ...the MoCo is the one setting the standard now, and we might as well get use to running a quiter system, and i agree, the boys with the 'Drag/Straight' pipes are the ones that seem to be getting the tickets.

WD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version